Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 05-18-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2009 Draft Pick Player Profiles

Round 1 - pick 24 overall

Nose Tackle
Peria Jerry
University of Mississippi
6'2" 299

Combine #'s:
Arm Length - 32 1/2"
40 yd - 4.98, 20 yd - 2.86, 10 yd - 1.68
20 yd shuttle - 4.64, 3-cone - 7.30
Vert Jump - 31", Broad Jump - 9'6"
Bench - 28 reps
Stats
2005 - 6 Games, 3 Tackles
2006 - 8 Games, 22 Tackles (13 solo), 1.0 TFL, 1.0 Sacks
2007 - 12 Games, 58 Tackles (40 solo), 14.0 TFL, 3.5 Sacks, 1 PD, 1 INT, 1 FR
2008 - 12 Games, 49 Tackles (25 solo), 18.0 TFL, 7.0 Sacks, 1 PD, 2 FF, 1 FR
Peria Jerry Highlight Video
One thing to notice is that he is in the 1 technique spot for most of the time and on 3rd downs switched to the 3-tech (where Babs plays). The same spot he will be playing for us, but I think he will play the 1-tech the entire time. He's a great scheme fit after watching this video. Another thing to notice is how much he collapses the pocket when he pass rushes.
Scouting report:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright
Strengths:
Very athletic...Terrific speed...Quick and explosive...Really fires off the ball...Active and has a fantastic motor...Does a nice job in pursuit and has a burst to close...Can penetrate and wreak havoc in the backfield...Uses his hands well...Shows the ability to shed blocks...Is comfortable in space...Pretty tough...Hard worker and leader...Great instincts and awareness...Productive against top competition...Still improving and might have some upside...Super impressive bloodlines.

Weaknesses:
Does not have great size or bulk...Frame is awfully close to being maxed out...Not very strong or powerful...Isn't real stout at the point of attack...Has to be more consistent with his leverage...Can get pushed around in the run game...Struggled in the classroom and intelligence may be an issue...Older than the average prospect...Will not be a good fit for every team...Has some major durability concerns.

Notes:
First name is pronounced "pa-RAY"...Failed to qualify academically and attended Hargrave Military Academy prep school for a year before joining the Rebels...Will be a 25-year-old rookie...Brother, John, is an offensive lineman at Ole Miss and his cousin Jamarca Sanford is a safety...Two other cousins, Eddie Strong and Toward Sanford, also played for the Rebels...Another cousin, Dwayne Rudd, played at Alabama, was a first round pick and played in the NFL from 1997-2003...A 1st Team All-American in 2008...Named 2nd Team All-SEC as a junior and 1st Team as a senior...Also saw some action at defensive end for the Rebels...Missed some time with an ankle injury during his year at the prep school...Missed the first four games of his freshman season with an injury...Was hampered by a foot injury in 2006 that eventually required some offseason surgery...Underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn medial meniscus in his right knee in August of 2008...Started slow as a senior while he battled back from knee surgery but came on like gangbusters down the stretch...Led the SEC in tackles for a loss in 2008...Best fit will likely come as a three-technique...Very talented and definitely has the ability to be an impact player on the interior if he can stay healthy, however that is a big "If".
Pick Review:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterfootball
The Falcons had to address their defensive line, and they're getting a solid talent in Peria Jerry. I thought Evander Hood would make more sense, but I can't argue the pick too much. Thomas Dimitroff clearly has proven that he knows what he's doing. (Pick Grade: B)
Why I feel we went with Peria Jerry over Clay Matthews: I feel like the need for a NT trumped anything else. On another note, watch the video here about him, he seems like a genuine guy and I think he'll be a good presence in the locker room. He seems like that guy on every team that hates interviews but in the locker room is a fun guy and a leader. I think we made the pick of Jerry due to leadership. I would compare his play, and his personality to that of one Warren Sapp. And hopefully his career is just as successful.
Jerry Introduced to Atlanta Press conference
SIG IMAGE

GM THOMAS DIMITROFF ON PERIA JERRY

Round 2 - pick 55 overall

Safety
William Moore
University of Missouri
6'0" 221

Combine #'s:
40 yd - 4.49, 20 yd - 2.60, 10 yd - 1.48
20 yd shuttle - 4.26, 3-cone - 6.81
Vert Jump - 37 1/2", Broad Jump - 10'6"
Bench - 16 reps
Stats
2004 - Redshirted
2005 - 9 Games, 30 Tackles, 2 PD's, 1 INT
2006 - 13 Games, 53 Tackles (27 solo), 1.5 TFL, 6 PD's, 1 INT
2007 - 14 Games, 115 Tackles (71 solo), 9.0 TFL, 2.0 Sacks, 5 PD's, 8 INT's, 2 FF
2008 - 12 Games, 86 Tackles (55 solo), 6.5 TFL, 1.0 Sacks, 6 PD's, 1 INT, 3 FF
William Moore Highlight Video
The one thing I notice is this guy can really diagnose a play. He can be on the other side of the field and all of a sudden out of nowhere he's in the play. I also can tell you he demolishes people when he hits them.
Scouting report:
Quote:
Strengths:
Outstanding size with long arms...Muscular with great bulk...A great athlete...Tough and physical...A big hitter who strikes fear into the hearts of the opposition...Does a terrific job against the run...Has excellent range...Explosive with a burst to close...Decent hands and ball skills...Has shown the ability to make plays in coverage...Real versatile...Productive...Strong work ethic...A team leader and captain.

Weaknesses:
Durability is a concern...Questionable instincts...Can be slow to read and react...Misses too many tackles...Too aggressive at times...Lacks fluid hips...Speed is merely average...Will struggle to match up with wideouts in man coverage...Needs to face the action...Lets emotions gets the best of him ... Might be more effective if he lost a little weight.

Notes:
Was a two year starter for the Tigers...Began his college career as a cornerback...A 2nd Team All-American in 2007...Previously wore #21...Missed three games with a hamstring injury in 2005 and later required offseason surgery to place a screw in his broken foot...Underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder following the 2007 season...Was hindered by foot and rib injuries for most of his senior season...Was kept near the line a lot in 2008 and that was a big reason for the drop in his interception totals...Hybrid who has been used in a variety of different roles and has the ability to operate like a free safety, strong safety or corner...Impressive physical specimen who looked like a future Top 10 overall pick at one point...Stock dropped a bit as a senior but he still has a lot of potential.
Pick Review:
Quote:
I actually had Atlanta drafting William Moore two days before the 2009 NFL Draft. Moore is great value here and fills a position of dire need. Yet another great pick by Dimitroff. (Pick Grade: A)
Why I feel we went with William Moore over Sean Smith and Michael Johnson: Pure and simple just fits the physical mentality of Smitty better. I also noticed that Dimitroff took 2 guys who were team captains in the first day, that's a sign to me that we are looking for a certain type of guy. I also think Moore could have gotten a bad wrap. I have heard from some Mizzou fans that Moore only got a bad wrap because they moved him from FS to SS and in their defense the SS is like another LB, where the FS is a roaming FS. To me that shows his versatility and that he could easily let us play the cover 2.
GM THOMAS DIMITROFF ON WILLIAM MOORE

Round 3 - pick 90 overall

Cornerback
Christopher Owens
San Jose State University
5'10" 181

Combine #'s:
40 yd - 4.44, 20 yd - 2.60, 10 yd - 1.53
20 yd shuttle - 4.16, 3-cone - 6.93
Vert Jump - 34 1/2", Broad Jump - 9'2"
Bench - 14 reps
Stats
2005 - 11 Games, 35 Tackles, 4 PD's, 2 INT's
2006 - 13 Games, 50 Tackles (33 solo), 1.5 TFL, 1.0 Sacks, 5 PD's, 4 INT's, 1 FF
2007 - 12 Games, 75 Tackles (41 solo), 2.5 TFL, 3 PD's, 6 INT's
2008 - 12 Games, 68 Tackles (41 solo), 3.0 TFL, 8 PD's, 1 INT, 2 FF
Christopher Owens Highlight Video
Just watch the video. I really like him after seeing this.
Scouting report:
Quote:
Strengths:
Pretty good speed and quickness with a burst...Excellent instincts and awareness...Real tough for his size...Very aggressive...Willing in run support...Decent hands and ball skills...Durable...A ton of experience.

Weaknesses:
Does not have the height or bulk you look for...Isn't very strong or physical...Poor tackler...Not a great leaper...Will struggle to match up with big wideouts..Didn't always face top competition..Limited upside.

Notes:
A three-year starter for the Spartans...Always played second fiddle to either Dwight Lowery or Coye Francies in college...Named 2nd Team All-WAC in 2007 and 1st Team in 2008...Was a standout at the Texas vs. The Nation all-star game...Productive corner who just doesn't have the size you look for...Profiles as a nickel or dime type at the pro level.
Pick Review:
Quote:
Christopher Owens seems like somewhat of a reach to me, but the Falcons had to find some help at corner. (Pick Grade: B)
Why I feel we went with Christopher Owens over D.J. Moore: Think Resean Mathis. Smaller but physical corner who can run fast and make hits. Owens is that guy.
GM THOMAS DIMITROFF ON CHRIS OWENS

Round 4 - pick 125 overall

Defensive End
Lawrence Sidbury
University of Richmond
6'2" 266

Combine #'s:
Arm Length - 35 3/8"
40 yd - 4.57, 20 yd - 2.68, 10 yd - 1.53
20 yd shuttle - 4.43, 3-cone - 7.45
Vert Jump - 35", Broad Jump - 10'0"
Bench - 28 reps
Stats
2004 - Redshirted
2005 - 13 Games, 24 Tackles (13 solo), 4.0 TFL, 3.0 Sacks, 1 PD
2006 - 9 Games, 17 Tackles (11 solo), 5.5 TFL, 1.0 Sacks
2007 - 13 Games, 48 Tackles, 8.0 TFL, 4.5 Sacks
2008 - 16 Games, 56 Tackles (26 solo), 20.0 TFL, 11.5 Sacks, 2 PD's, 3 FF
Lawrence Sidbury Highlight Video
Sickest spin move I've ever seen. Also one of the quickest people I've ever seen off of the snap in my life. Him and Abraham on pass downs with Jerry and Babs inside will be scary for D's to face. Oh and these highlights were him playing LE in the D1-AA championship.
Scouting report:
Quote:
Strengths:
Very athletic...Good bulk...Has extremely long arms...Excellent timed speed...Really quick with a burst...Can be a force off the edge...Great mobility and range...Terrific motor...Does a nice job in pursuit...Has big hands...Versatile...Team leader...Productive...Has a ton of upside.

Weaknesses:
A bit shorter than you'd prefer...Doesn't play as fast as he times...Not an elite pass rusher...Does not have a wide array of moves...Has some trouble getting off blocks...Doesn't use his hands well...Not real strong or powerful...Is just average versus the run...Low level of competition.

Notes:
Could also project to outside linebacker at the next level...Competed on the Richmond track & field squad...A two-year starter...Was named 1st Team All-CAA in 2007 and 2008...Ended his career on a high note by recording four sacks in the Spiders win over Montana in the FCS National Championship game...Had a strong showing at the East-West Shrine Game and earned an invite to the Senior Bowl...Blew up at the Scouting Combine and ran the fastest defensive line forty...Intriguing prospect but also a bit of a Workout Warrior and didn't play up to his impressive measurables during the Senior Bowl week...Might be more of a one-dimensional pass rusher or situational type while he develops.
Pick Review:
Quote:
Amazing value. Lawrence Sidbury, a fringe second-round prospect, fills yet another need on Atlanta's defense. (Pick Grade: A)
Why I feel we went with Lawrence Sidbury over anyone else:11.5 sacks, and a huge fit for our scheme. no brainer here.
DIRECTOR OF PLAYER PERSONNEL LES SNEAD ON LAWRENCE SIDBURY

Round 5 - pick 138 overall

Cornerback
William Middleton
Furman University
5'10" 185

Combine #'s:
40 yd - 4.42, 20 yd - 2.56, 10 yd - 1.48
20 yd shuttle - 4.37, 3-cone - 7.33
Vert Jump - 36 1/2", Broad Jump - 10'9"
Bench - 21 reps
Stats
2005 - 14 Games, 8 Tackles (6 solo), 1 FF
2006 - 12 Games, 38 Tackles (26 solo), 4.0 TFL, 4 PD's
2007 - 11 Games, 53 Tackles (28 solo), 3.5 TFL, 6 PD's, 3 INT's
2008 - 12 Games, 96 Tackles (40 solo), 8.5 TFL, 9 PD's, 4 INT's
William Middleton Highlight Video
A bit hard to follow, but he definitely looks good. I noticed him when the Citadel played them this year, but didn't know if he would get drafted.
Scouting report:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL.com
Positives: Has a thicker build throughout his body than most corners. ... Lines up outside and in the slot. ... Strong enough to press and fast enough to run with any receiver down the sideline. ... Stands up against receiver blocks, can either force the play inside or rip off to make the play. ... Cognizant zone defender who read the quarterback and close on the ball. ... Very good hands for the interception, adjusts to balls thrown behind him. ... Likes to hit, but can also wrap or cut tackle in space. ... Valued leader on and off the field.

Negatives: Might be a slot/outside corner "tweener." ... Only adequate height and below-average length for his position, but thin and a bit stiff in the hips. ... Good straight-line speed but lacks acceleration to recover if beaten. ... Gets his hands on the receiver in press but does not knock him off the route. ... Inconsistent in his tackling security, might struggle to bring down quicker receivers because of a lack of lateral movement. ... Struggles to win jump-ball situations.
Pick Review:
Quote:
This is the first pick of Thomas Dimitroff's that I don't like. William Middleton doesn't provide good draft value here. And I don't know why the linebacker position hasn't been addressed yet. (Pick Grade: D)
Why I feel we went with William Middleton over Duke Robinson: NO IDEA
DIRECTOR OF PLAYER PERSONNEL LES SNEAD ON WILLIAM MIDDLETON

Round 5 - pick 156 overall

Offensive Tackle
Garrett Reynolds
University of North Carolina
6'8" 309

Combine #'s:
Arm Length - 34 1/2"
40 yd - 5.40, 20 yd - 3.06, 10 yd - 1.96
20 yd shuttle - 4.88, 3-cone -7.87
Vert Jump - 22", Broad Jump - 7'10"
Bench - 19 reps
Stats
2005 - 9 Games
2006 - 7 Games, 7 Games Started (6 at RT, 1 at RG)
2007 - 12 Games, 12 Games Started (all at RT)
2008 - 13 Games, 13 Games Started (all at RT)
Scouting report:
Quote:
Strengths:
Huge frame with long arms...Physical and aggressive...Violent initial punch...Gets a nice push in the run game...Technically sound...Terrific awareness...Fantastic motor...Has lots of experience...Nice bloodlines.

Weaknesses:
Marginal athleticism...Isn't very light on his feet...Not a natural knee bender...Doesn't use proper leverage...Has trouble protecting the edge against speed..Not real mobile...Struggles in space...Must get stronger.

Notes:
Was a three-year starter in the ACC...Uncle, Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds played 15 seasons in the NFL...His father, Art, was a linebacker at Tennessee...Played as a backup for the Tar Heels as a true freshman in 2005...Started seven games in 2006, including six at right tackle and one at right guard...Took over a full-time starting job at right tackle in 2007...Was named 2nd Team All-ACC as a senior...Big overachiever with average physical tools but could surprise based on his intangibles.
Pick Review:
Quote:
Offensive tackle depth had to be addressed. The Falcons are getting solid value here with Garrett Reynolds. (Pick Grade: B)
Why I feel we went with Garrett Reynolds over Duke Robinson: Needed a swing OT more than a RG and him in RT competition will help a lot.
DIRECTOR OF PLAYER PERSONNEL LES SNEAD ON GARRETT REYNOLDS

Round 6 - pick 179 overall

Linebacker
Spencer Adkins
University of Miami
5'11" 230

Combine #'s:
40 yd - 4.48, 20 yd - 2.66, 10 yd - 1.61
20 yd shuttle - 4.25
Vert Jump - 36 1/2"
Bench - 30 reps
Stats
2005 - (no stats found)
2006 - 5 Games, 5 Tackles (2 solo), 1.0 TFL
2007 - 10 Games, 36 Tackles (25 solo), 3.0 TFL, 1.0 Sack, PD's, 1 INT
2008 - 11 Games, 20 Tackles (15 solo), 6.0 TFL, 4.0 Sacks
Scouting report:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL.com
Positives: Bulked up athlete who certainly looks the part. Short, squatty build well suited to playing in close quarters. Rare speed for the position. Legitimate NFL-caliber athlete. Has seen starting action at all three positions. Good, physical hitter who flashes some explosiveness. Has all of the physical attributes scouts are looking for. Obvious special teams potential.

Negatives: Classic case of looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Struggles locating the ball and too often charges into the line of scrimmage, leaving his teammates in to cover his responsibility. Bit of a 'tweener. Inconsistent in his disengagement from blockers. Hasn't been productive in this scheme despite his athleticism and the alignment designed to take advantage of his tools.

Injury Report

2006: Missed the final five games with a leg injury.
Pick Review:
Quote:
The first Hurricane off the board at No. 176. The Falcons needed outside linebacker help, and this happens to be Spencer Adkins' draft range. (Pick Grade: B)
Why I feel we went with Spencer Adkins over Zach Follett: again, no idea.
DIRECTOR OF PLAYER PERSONNEL LES SNEAD ON SPENCER ADKINS

Round 7 - pick 210 overall

Defensive Tackle
Vance Walker
Georgia Institute of Technology
6'2" 304

Combine #'s:
Arm Length - 35"
40 yd - 5.32, 20 yd - 2.94, 10 yd - 1.75
Vert Jump - 33"
Bench - 29 reps
Stats
2005 - 9 Games, 15 Tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 Sacks
2006 - 14 Games, 17 Tackles (9 solo), 1.0 TFL, 0.5 Sacks
2007 - 13 Games, 45 Tackles (30 solo), 14.0 TFL, 8.5 Sacks, 3 FF
2008 - 12 Games, 33 Tackles (18 solo), 8.5 TFL, 3.0 Sacks, 1 PD, 1 FF
Scouting report:
Quote:
Strengths:
A good athlete...Terrific speed and quickness with a burst...Great instincts and awareness...Strong and gets a good push...Active with good range...Nice balance...Understands leverage...Shows the ability to penetrate and make plays behind the line...Does a good job of shedding blocks...Tough...Plays with a nasty demeanor...Productive.

Weaknesses:
Average size and bulk...Pass rush repertoire is limited and isn't a sack artist...Doesn't use his hands real well...Not overly stout at the point of attack...Struggles in space...Needs to be more physical...Not an ideal fit for every team...Can get manhandled by massive offensive linemen.

Notes:
Was a two-year starter...Named 1st Team All-ACC in 2007 and 2008...Was a finalist for the Bednarik Award in 2008...Was bothered by an ankle injury as a senior...Played on a very talented defensive line with fellow 2009 NFL Draft prospects Michael Johnson and Darryl Richard as well as a rising star in Derrick Morgan...A very solid, workmanlike player who does everything well but nothing really great.
Pick Review:
Quote:
Once again, the Falcons landed a player with great positional and draft value. Defensive line depth, as we've seen the past few years, is really important. (Pick Grade: A)
Why I feel we went with Vance Walker over anyone else: BPA and great depth.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good work here.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good post(10)
Old 05-19-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when did these guys change there numbers, i thought that jerry was 94 and moore was 24?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranadwaney View Post
when did these guys change there numbers, i thought that jerry was 94 and moore was 24?
That what I think too. On the roster Jerry is 94, Moore is 24, Vance is 61, Sidbury is 90, Middleton is 35, Owens 21
Old 05-19-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made the graphics the day of the draft... my bad.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 08-18-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Owens is slowly becoming my favorite player from the draft class. I was really impressed by how he was always near the ball in his first preseason game and look to see more of him with Chris Houston out (sucks for Houston, but should give Owens more opportunities).

The best part about Chris Owens is how high Tom Dmitroff is on him. He has been scouting him since his NE days and 'reached' for him for a reason. He really likes his hips and Dmitroff knows a thing or two about the draft.

Good work scar.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:38 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

what happened to Houston? I thought Houston is fine.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 09-29-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Chris Owens is slowly becoming my favorite player from the draft class. I was really impressed by how he was always near the ball in his first preseason game and look to see more of him with Chris Houston out (sucks for Houston, but should give Owens more opportunities).

The best part about Chris Owens is how high Tom Dmitroff is on him. He has been scouting him since his NE days and 'reached' for him for a reason. He really likes his hips and Dmitroff knows a thing or two about the draft.

Good work scar.
I hope you're right. I really like the kid, and his speed...wow spectacular...but he looked bad in pre-season. We need a CB with some size =/
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote