Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
So telling you how the team improved is not enough to convince you how the team improved? Interesting.

Wow...you did a good job refuting everything I said. Actually, all you did was attack the defense again. Sure they were very bad. I honestly don't think they can be worse. They definately won't be in the top half, but I could definately see them improving to around 20th.
My point was you weren't naming any game changers added....just some guys who could possibly have some impact.

a 20th ranked defense is the high end of what the Broncos can achieve...even if they hit that magical mark, with Kyle Orton at the helm the offense won't have the spark to make up for the D.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Oaklands season pretty much relies totally on Russell.The only improvement we made on defense was getting rid of Ryan.And even then it may not even matter.
Getting rid of Ryan is an improvement...but then they replaced him with Marshall, so they're kinda right back where they started.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If KC makes the playoffs in 2009/2010 season I will never post on SWDC again. Sig that bitches!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
If KC makes the playoffs in 2009/2010 season I will never post on SWDC again. Sig that bitches!
you already lost one, u really wanna keep doing this?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
you already lost one, u really wanna keep doing this?
This is a battle i'm willing to lose!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bears will get nothing and like it.

Why 6 teams?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
The bears will get nothing and like it.

Why 6 teams?
Because from year to year, about half the teams (6) usually change from who made the playoffs one year to the next.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I expect my team to be in the mix. Perhaps it's a little homerism, but playing in the NFC West where a 9-7 record can get you into the playoffs, I feel a little optimistic here. Especially since Shaun Hill was playing like dynamite for the eight games he started. I just hope he can turn that potential into a full time gig. I feel really good about our receiving corp as well. Bruce is still a B+ receiver, Josh Morgan is now healthy and according to reports he is tearing it up in camp more than he was last season, and we have Crabtree as well. Even Jason Hill, our fourth string receiver looks like a young Isaac Bruce type with a little less speed. If we avoid injuries, we should have a great season.
Unfortunastely Hill just isn't a really talented QB. Remember, Martz got 4000 passing yards out of Kitna, a career backup, for 2 consequative years. Hill withouit Martz, is far more likely to be a disaster rather than a success story.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDex View Post
There is no way our defense can be worse than last years. Getting Rid of Bob Slowik the worst defensive coordinator of all time ensures that. Even without Cutler, our offense will still be productive as Orton is a capable starting QB in this league even if he doesn't have the potential Cutler had. I can't say I disagree that McDaniels hasn't handled some of the players properly, but to say he's going to be a failure as a HC is premature.

Quote:
I think you and a few others need a reality check on Orton. Orton is not a QB who can generate points. He is a game manager who just gets by as long as he has a defense that doesn't give up a lot of points and can keep the game close. Just doesn't sound like Denver's defense to me.
By the way, coordinaters are usually scapegoats for the GM and HC. Every fan on every poor team insistys his DC is the worst in pro football yet many go to other teams in the same position and produce winning defenses when they are provided with enough talent to win.
Oh and we still do have a 1st rounder next year.

Quote:
Yeah, but it isn't very likely to be a high 1st rounder. Chicago will be one of the favourites with Cutler at QB.
The Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers all have way more potential than Oakland does. The Broncos will win at least 8 games next year, while the Raiders are the ones that will continue to be the bottom feeders of the AFC west.

Quote:
I agree, the Chargers are head and shoulders above any AFC West team and KC has the look of a team on the rise under their new GM and HC. I just happen to think Oakland is a more experienced team right now than KC and if Russell continues to develop(not a sure thing), Oakland will have enough to finish second.
Raiders are the ones that'll be lucky to win 4 games next year. But I'd expect nothing less from a team that went 24-72 over the last 6 years.
Quote:
If Russell continues to develop, Oakland will be vastly improved and to finish 2nd they likely only need to win 7 games.
Denver's defense last year was about as bad as you can get and that is talent my friend not just coaching. Their offense had a lot of potential but replacing Cutler with Orton is not likely to produce half the points Cutler put up. Add in a HC whose relationship with his players is suspect and you have a recipe for disaster just waiting to happen. All roads for Denver lead to last place IMO and 4 wins looks about the best you can hope for.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Because from year to year, about half the teams (6) usually change from who made the playoffs one year to the next.
Actually, it is more like 5-8 teams every year.