Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-19-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Also, since the game show host from Slumdog is a main guy next year (and presumably some sort of villain), does this mean they'll abandon the organization thing for S8 like they abandoned the Max thing for Season 3?

And I know Kiefer is small, but he's still a badass.
Kiefer isn't the badass. Jack Bauer is the badass. It's confusing, but the two are actually separate entities.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Kiefer isn't the badass. Jack Bauer is the badass. It's confusing, but the two are actually separate entities.
I don't need your lies.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll see next year begin about 1 year into future. Jack is not doing anything but spending time with Kim, Teri2, and having casual sex with Renee. Renee is the new directer for the new revamped CTU, with Jack helping out occasionally. Renee, with her Jack Bauer lessons, successfully got Wilson to talk and they took down the whole conspiracy.

In Day 8, something happens to Renee where Jack once again has to take off the retirement belt and put on his awesome belt (which, are ironically, the same belt). However, to catch the people who have Renee, Jack enlists the help of Tony. And you know how the rest goes...

One question, do you think Wilson was telling the truth when he said it wasn't him who had Michelle killed?

Old 05-19-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't need your lies.
Think about it, Kiefer was born in England... do you think Jack Bauer would stand for something like that?

Old 05-19-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
All I know is:

Season 1
Season 5

the others

Season 6
Season 3 was a lot better than 5. I wasn't a big fan of 5 and how they killed off everyone in the first 5 minutes. If I had to rank them...

Season 1
... (Imagine about 1000 more of these spaces)
Season 3
Season 2
Season 4
Season 5
Season 7
... (Imagine about 79 more of these)
Season 6

To be honest, seasons 2,4,5, and 7 are all interchangeable.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Couple things of note:

Killing scientists is just way too easy for Jack, even handcuffed and extremely weakened from a virus that will kill him soon.

Please kill off Olivia Taylor. I can't stand that stupid *****. The final half hour just ruined tonight's episode for me. Odds are though, she won't get convicted. Hopefully they just don't write her in.

When Kim Bauer was following the long haired guy, that wasn't Kim doing the chasing. As you know, Kim has Jack Bauer blood in her, and Jack can control her whenever he wants. Also, Kim Bauer with sleeve on fire >>>>>>>>>>> Kim Bauer vs. Cougar. Most importantly, it was nice to see those fun bags bounce around while she was running again. Hopefully they keep her in a very minor and unimportant role next year.

Is Jack now officially Muslim?

Old 05-19-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Olivia Taylor is really annoying. I can't even stand looking at her.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Season 3 was a lot better than 5. I wasn't a big fan of 5 and how they killed off everyone in the first 5 minutes. If I had to rank them...

Season 1
... (Imagine about 1000 more of these spaces)
Season 3
Season 2
Season 4
Season 5
Season 7
... (Imagine about 79 more of these)
Season 6

To be honest, seasons 2,4,5, and 7 are all interchangeable.
Totally disagree. I loved Season 5.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TBH I thought season 4 was the best season since season 1.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys rewatch all these seasons? So much crap happens in each season, I can't remember which things happened in which season anymore. Except for 1 obviously, and 6 for now. But by the time season 8 comes I won't remember if a certain event was in season 6 or season 4.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Do you guys rewatch all these seasons? So much crap happens in each season, I can't remember which things happened in which season anymore. Except for 1 obviously, and 6 for now. But by the time season 8 comes I won't remember if a certain event was in season 6 or season 4.
Season 2-4 are a blur to me. I just know from when I saw them all in a row that Season 1 and 5 were tops, and Season 6 was bottom. Season 7 fits in with the "blur" pack, perhaps at the lower end.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-19-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it goes

Anyway, pretty good ending.. much better than season 6's ending. I still have nightmares about the brutalness of the finale of that season.
I was pretty impressed with Tony's acting this episode and Kim looked very hot chasing the longhaired dude. Plus Jack was a complete badass, and Olicia Taylor is getting sent away. So I'm happy!

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I've recently re-watched 1-4 and am currently re-watching 5, so I have them all down except for 6 which sucks anyway. I'd rank them:

Although I enjoy all seasons sans 6, and season 3 had the best episode of the series.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've recently re-watched 1-4 and am currently re-watching 5, so I have them all down except for 6 which sucks anyway. I'd rank them:

Although I enjoy all seasons sans 6, and season 3 had the best episode of the series.
Was that the one where Jack defeated his heroin addiction in the span of an hour?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I stopped watching this season about 10 episodes ago I think, right after Jack got framed for killing the guy in the hospital. Is it worth finishing the season online?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Was that the one where Jack defeated his heroin addiction in the span of an hour?
The Death of Ryan Chappelle, although the heroin winning was greatness.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
So, I stopped watching this season about 10 episodes ago I think, right after Jack got framed for killing the guy in the hospital. Is it worth finishing the season online?
Yes. The second half of this season was exponentially better than the first half. Everything changed. I hardly remember the first half of the season.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Best episode of the series is either the Season 1 finale or the Season 5 episode when what's-his-face dies at CTU because it got gassed.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-19-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Best episode of the series is either the Season 1 finale or the Season 5 episode when what's-his-face dies at CTU because it got gassed.
Edgar or Lynn McGill? And Chappelle's death was much more impactful.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Death of Ryan Chappelle, although the heroin winning was greatness.
That was a tear-jerker, no doubt. Chapelle was such an ass, but in his final moments they really made you feel sorry for him.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
How dare you group the season 1 finale with when Edgar died. I couldn't stand Edgar, and I'm not gonna lie, it was a relief to get rid of him.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
How dare you group the season 1 finale with when Edgar died. I couldn't stand Edgar, and I'm not gonna lie, it was a relief to get rid of him.
sorry, man, just how I felt. I liked the episode.

And yes, Ryan Chappelle's death is a top one.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-19-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so its a pretty safe assumption that the treatment works.

Other sample plot though for next season. Jack becomes the head of the new CTU, some crisis happens and he calls on an imprisoned rene who is in there for (not sure yet if its gonna be succesfull) torture on coach yoast(forgot his name already but the guy the had that tony wanted to kill was coach yoast in remember the titans right?).

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Totally disagree. I loved Season 5.
Word.

Season three sucked, worst season by far.

As for last night's season finale, decent stuff. Olivia Taylor gets what she deserves (err, well not yet) and Renee prepares to beat the shi* out of Wilson.