Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

View Poll Results: Which NFC North team had the best draft?
Chicago Bears 19 19.59%
Detroit Lions 25 25.77%
Green Bay Packers 38 39.18%
Minnesota Vikings 15 15.46%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
last 20+ QBs Chicago got = See sig :)
they all got to the endzone?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Muhammed isnt a QB either

and its obviously their own endzone for a safety

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post

we've never had Dan Orlovsky on our team though...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
we've never had Dan Orlovsky on our team though...
it's a well-known fact that the only QB who ever got a safety called against him is Dan Orlovsky.

He got the dumbest, I'll give you that.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-30-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
He got the one that will always be remembered.
Fixed it for you.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Fixed it for you.
you read my mind, that's a pretty elaborate typo on my part though.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-30-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Blah blah, he was the one who said Chicago is the place where Qbs go to die. Pacific is workin on it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Blah blah, he was the one who said Chicago is the place where Qbs go to die. Pacific is workin on it.
no its the place where WRs go to die ;)

Old 05-03-2009, 06:01 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears didn't have the early picks, so you have to decide if you're grading the draft, or grading the off-season. They had a "Meh," draft, IMO. Nothing too special. They had decent value on some picks, not sure I see a starter for 2009 in the bunch. Maybe Iglesias, though not for 2009 given how rooks do at WR. Now, off-season wise, the Cutler trade makes them my pre-season pick for the NFC North.

Lions were burdened with #1 pick. 40 million guaranteed for a kid that hasn't taken an NFL snap? The NFL needs to fix that. That being said, they turned the NFC QB picture into one of the most interesting in the league, with Stafford, Cutler and Rodgers looking like franchise QBs. Lions took the right guy for #1, but why pass Oher for Pettigrew? Oher a starting LT. Pettigrew will be solid for them, reminds me of Bubba Franks, who went to two Pro Bowls for the Packers and was a solid edge blocker for Ahman Green. Built some depth, but considering the roster overhaul they need considering they were 0-16, this was a good draft.

Packers came away with two probable starters for the defense with Raji and Matthews. Toss in the #1 FB likely starting. The two OTs are going to build the depth and were great value with Lang having a chance to start given the injury to RT Mark Tauscher and OG Spitz moving to center due to the Scott Wells injury. Check sig for Brad Jones, who I think will be the #3 OLB behind Kampman and Matthews.

Vikings went boom/bust. Not sure they needed to. The defense is solid and they have AD. They still have Rosenfells and Jackson at QB. Their WR looks better with Harvin, but he looks like one of those character risks. Because of the character issue, when I heard he was out with dehydration, it made me wonder if he'd been on a coke binge. If he stays on the field, he could help them overcome the QB situaton to take the NFC crown. That's if he stays on the field. Loadholt should take over at RT. The pick I like most was Jasper Brinkley at MLB. When the Williamses come back off their drug suspension, the interior of their defense should be even harder to run against.

On just draft,
I think the Packers took the day and made the most improvement to their team in areas they were weak. Lions next, but they also have nowhere to go but up. Then Vikings and last the Bears.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

shady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If you include Cutler, Bears won the draft by a mile.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
If we are including Cutler in this thing Chicago takes the cake. But if going solely off draft picks then I would say Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota in that order. But it's pretty damn close, no one had a "knockout" draft but I think each team had a good draft that will help in the long run.
I do agree that you have to include Cutler in any draft discussion about how the Bears did and it clearly puts them on top of the list. If it is just about picks, they obviously finish last since they had no 1st or 2nd rounder.

With Cutler:
Bears
Lions
Green Bay
Minny

2 through 4 is pretty close IMO.

Without Cutler:
Lions
Green Bay
Minny

Bears

Again it is pretty close 1 through 3. We won't know for 3 years how Stafford will develop but assuming he comes through, Detroit will win the draft race if Cutler isn't included.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

i dont understand the assessment that no 1st rounder means bad draft

Old 05-21-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to include Cutler in the discussion for the draft. Its basically you used a 1st round pick to get a player which is what you use them for anyways. Just because it wasn't on a draft pick doesn't mean you didn't use the pick to better your team. Its not like it was some old dude like Favre or Jason Taylor either for one year. Cutler will be in Chicago for a long time.

The real answer is everyone gets an incomplete as a grade for production.

For value, I think every North team got really good value for their picks.
Harvin may be a steal only dropping for off field reasons, Raji was definitly a steal and fit a huge need, Lions got a possible franchise QB/signed him already which is huge, Pettigrew dropping was a slight steal and all the other picks for every team fit needs/fit the draft board for their respective teams/draft boards around the league/draft boards of the draftnik experts. I'd say its all pretty even value wise.

Theres no real head scratcher of a pick. I know Scott hates Pettigrew over Oher(my same first reaction), but Pettigrew had a very high grade and he aids the team in multiple areas. Something an 0-16 team needs. You better believe he'll help our pass protection(just look at how our tight ends blocked last year,I'd put 2 Jared Allen sacks on the tight end/last one on tight end/Backus), you better believe he'll be a receiving threat as a good safety valve and in the redzone, and you better believe he'll help the running game.

Everyone got good value.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Packers had the safest draft. They really needed some quality guys (I know. . . what team doesntZz) to help the transition to the 3-4. They also needed some depth on the offensive line. These were the two main concerns headed into the draft and Thompson nailed them both. I think the Packers had the best DRAFT but DA bears did get Cutler for their picks so we have to include that. Everybody got pretty good value but the Packers are the only team that actually impressed me on draft day. This draft looks amazing on paper but I will have to wait and see how Matthews and Raji play before declaring it my favorite Packers draft ever. Heres how i have them ranked.

1. Bears - Should be last but they got Cutler

2. Packers - TT knows what he is doing.

3. Lions - Did the right thing and got Stafford

4.Minny - The Vikings lose because they drafted Percy

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
4.Minny - The Vikings lose because they drafted Percy
Soon, very soon, shall this thought change as you witness the wonder that the good lord has placed among the Vikings in Percy.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:33 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people did ***** out the Bears for taking Hester if you guys will remember... Hester though didn't have the injury issues that Percy did. Hester also didn't really have a position.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:38 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
people did ***** out the Bears
I can't figure out what word that is.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:15 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

i assume the b word

Old 05-22-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
people did ***** out the Bears for taking Hester if you guys will remember... Hester though didn't have the injury issues that Percy did. Hester also didn't really have a position.
Percy doesnt have a true position either. He worked mostly as a RB at Florida. I assume he'll be a slot WR in Minny though. Imagine him in the backfield with AP. They should run the wildcat with those 2, maybe add TJax.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i assume the b word
Yeah, i thought about that later. Pretty easy one actually.

they get smoked.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Percy doesnt have a true position either. He worked mostly as a RB at Florida. I assume he'll be a slot WR in Minny though. Imagine him in the backfield with AP. They should run the wildcat with those 2, maybe add TJax.
eh, at least there's a general consensus that Percy will be used on the offensive side of the ball.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i assume the b word
you mean br**d? What the hell did a loaf ever do the the censors?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 05-23-2009, 05:37 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
you mean br**d? What the hell did a loaf ever do the the censors?
dude its obviously not br**d. its br**m. ******* br**m

Old 10-31-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit
Green Bay
Minnesota
Chicago

Breakdown:
Detroit had so many holes but they appear to have hit on some solid talent. Stafford is legit and here the stay. AMEN! Delmas is 2nd on the team in tackles so far as a safety and was rookie of the month. Levy has worked his way into the starting line-up at arguably the deepest/most talented position on the Lions. Pettigrew has struggled at TE but will be just fine. Hill is a starter at DT and was missed the last few weeks b/c of injury. Brown/Williams have been effective in spurts with receiving out of the backfield & in the slot. Also returning kicks. Follett is a SP guy who could develop nicely. That is 8 of 10 picks with instant impact. I know, not that hard on an 0-16 team but they gathered talent for sure & hit on guys into the 7th round! HUGE change from the Millen-lead Leo's ;o)

Green Bay got 2 solid starters on D in Raji & Matthews... I liked both of them in the draft. Meredith has showed okay skills at RT but the line is getting dragged through the mud everywhere in the league it seems, so some changes are necessary there. Raji & Matthews made you #2 in my vote, outside of them though just okay but not many holes to fill so that is alright.

Minnesota again did not have many holes to fill and targeted 2 players in Harvin & Loadholt that are instant starters on a very deep team. With only 5 picks they rocked it and Brinkley & Allen were both high on my board. If drafted in Detroit they would probably see the field this year (hahaha)

Chicago got Cutler but in my opinion, Cutler does not count as part of the draft. I may get burned for saying this but I am not seeing the chemistry and something seems just a bit off with Jay in Chi-town to this point?!?! Could be injury? Could be playbook/chemistry/coaching? Could be he's just not a leader of men & Josh Mcdaniels was right about him? There I said it.
About the draft, Gilbert jumped out of a pool & Knox & Afalava are looking like late round steals but starting in the 3rd round you are already at a disadvantage. Did not address the Oline and they seem shaky.

** and b/c the cheese heads have by far the highest number of followers on this website, of course they are going to get the most votes ;o) Thus proving this is a homer pick. **

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 10-31-2009 at 11:43 AM.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now we still more time to judge the Lions draft class. Right now, it looks like they had the best draft in the division (not hard when you draft first in each round and have two 1st Round picks), but it's still up in the air. We still don't know if the Lions picks are that good or they are just better than the scrubs we had in there before.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote