Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy is bound for Arkansas....................

Tech

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
I don't know about that. I've heard he may not even have a D1 offer left. Every campus he has went to he has completely turned off coaches.

At Nebraska for example, the guy came to our Spring Game and did not show any attention to the actual game. He spent the majority of the game talking to some sorority girls and trying to get numbers. After the game he was only focused on trying to find a party. We were not willing to go thru Sam Keller Part II.

After that, Nebraska withdrew the offer and have not spoken to him since that weekend.
Sounds about right.

This guy sounded like the perfect quarterback before he got to Miami. Listen to some of these quotes.

Quote:
The Hurricane quarterback signee is working out and studying the UM playbook anywhere from five to seven hours a day.

He's even forcing his high school coach, Robert Weiner, to quiz him on different plays.

One recent evening Marve waited patiently as Weiner finished up his team's high school spring practice session. At 8:30 p.m. Weiner arrived in his office.

The two sat down and went over Hurricane plays together for more than an hour.

"I'm definitely learning, am trying to get a head's up on it," Marve said. "Miami's playbook is a college version of my playbook. Our playbook is a lot greater than a regular high school playbook -- we do a lot of audibles, so I'm used to that. But I have to get used to more audibles, more protections, and translating the language from what I know to what I need to know for Miami."

Weiner says, "I quiz him, and Robert's been able to go through and understands every formation."

The ultimate goal is for Marve to know the playbook so well by the time he arrives at Miami that he will make a seamless transition.
And then..

Quote:
"The first time (coach Joe) Pannunzio met him we were in the middle of a film session in the spring," Marve's coach, Robert Weiner, said. "And I went out to say hi to coach Pannunzio. When I left the room I handed clicker to Robert with our team there, and he proceeded to explain that play in extreme detail to all the skill position players involved in that play. Coach Pannunzio overheard and said that was a better explanation than any coach could have given."

It speaks to what Weiner has known for years: Marve is a workaholic.

Weiner says Cane coaches should expect a shadow on campus.

"I told coaches `Be ready because he's going to be sitting in your office 90 percent of every day and will make you write up plays and explain them to him,'" Weiner said.

Weiner recounts the time Marve took 24 pages of plays with him on a plane flight.

"He wrote information on every route on each play that would take 15 minutes to explain each one," Weiner said. "One thing we love talking about is the evolution of one single play."

Weiner says Marve is "the hardest working human being I've ever met."

Then he repeats, slowly: "Not hardest working PLAYER, hardest working HUMAN."
And my favorite...

Quote:
"A lot of these other quarterbacks we see coming out of high school, they're not mechanically sound, need two years of fundamental work," Weiner said. "Robert has incredible footwork and ball mechanics with his hand. That's why the ball comes out of his hand so quickly."

Weiner expects to see Marve in the NFL someday.

And he compares the quarterback to a couple of current NFL signal callers.

"His intelligence and knowledge of our offense is like Peyton Manning," Weiner said. "And the escapability and the confidence in his ability to make plays is like Brett Favre."
Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

He picked Purdue.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
He picked Purdue.
Thank God.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I still believe in his NFL potential. Same with poor Jarrett Lee. Both benched for dual threat with less pro potential IMO, but players who might be better college players and who can definitely be better quicker (their replacements).
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
I still believe in his NFL potential. Same with poor Jarrett Lee. Both benched for dual threat with less pro potential IMO, but players who might be better college players and who can definitely be better quicker (their replacements).
People make this mistake all the time simply because Jacory is black and Marve is white. But Marve is the dual threat. Jacory is a straight up pocket passer.

The only thing Marve did well at all during his time in Miami was run. Jacory was the better passing QB.

And give up on his NFL potential. I dare you to think of a single guy that has ever transferred from Miami and made it to the NFL. It doesn't happen. Especially kids with primadonna attitudes at a position like QB.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
People make this mistake all the time simply because Jacory is black and Marve is white. But Marve is the dual threat. Jacory is a straight up pocket passer.

The only thing Marve did well at all during his time in Miami was run. Jacory was the better passing QB.

And give up on his NFL potential. I dare you to think of a single guy that has ever transferred from Miami and made it to the NFL. It doesn't happen. Especially kids with primadonna attitudes at a position like QB.
That may be fair (about Jacory not being a runner), but I'm going to stand by what I said as far as pro potential at this point. Marve's mechanics are a lot cleaner and he throws a lot better in general, it is the mental part he needs to figure out. That can come by playing. It's not like Jacory throws like Tebow, but Marve is just much more prototypical, and I think if he had gotten the chance it would be more likely that he would overcome his mental hurdles than Jacory would be to adjust his mechanics.

As far as that last bit, why? There's a first time for everything.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
That may be fair (about Jacory not being a runner), but I'm going to stand by what I said as far as pro potential at this point. Marve's mechanics are a lot cleaner and he throws a lot better in general, it is the mental part he needs to figure out. That can come by playing. It's not like Jacory throws like Tebow, but Marve is just much more prototypical, and I think if he had gotten the chance it would be more likely that he would overcome his mental hurdles than Jacory would be to adjust his mechanics.

As far as that last bit, why? There's a first time for everything.
WOW you are so far off it's not even funny.

Marve is more prototypical with better mechanics? Really?

Please watch them before commenting next time. Jacory was and always has been the more polished off the 2 and he has always been the better passer. How on earth can you think Marve throws better?

As for prototypical? Jacory has better size, better frame, better mechanics, better footwork, better accuracy and reads defenses (which Marves simply sucks at) much better then Marve does. Marve has better arm strength and more mobility.

If you think all that was blocking Marve was mental hurtles you are crazy. He was extremely inaccurate. He would throw lazerbeams so damn hard that your RBs couldnt handle his passes coming out of the backfield. He had no touch, he had zero pocket presence and he relied entirely too much on physical talent rather then smarts and mechanics.

Marve is about as raw as you will find for a QB. His mechanics are lacking, he can't read a defense to save his life and he has no idea how to put some touch and accuracy on a pass. If that's what you consider, prototypical then I have to question your eval of QBs.

Our comments about Marve and Jacory are about as completely backwards as Ive seen.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Agree to disagree then. I caught Miami four or five times last season and what I've said is the impression I got between watching the pair of them.

Last edited by Race for the Heisman : 05-20-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Agree to disagree then. I caught Miami four or five times last season and what I've said is the impression I got between watching the pair of them.
Find that hard to believe as well seeing as we werent on national TV that many times. You either had to live in Miami or watch alot of ESPN360 to watch more then 3-4 of our games.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Quote:
Find that hard to believe as well seeing as we werent on national TV that many times. You either had to live in Miami or watch alot of ESPN360 to watch more then 3-4 of our games.
I saw @Florida, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, and the Emerald Bowl for sure. I think I also caught the A&M game, but I can't remember for certain. Might have been FSU. Granted Marve didn't play in the last one (Emerald Bowl), and I had to catch a few of those online, but the fact stands.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marve for the Heisman
Old 05-20-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jordan Jefferson has more potential in his left nut than Jarrett Lee does.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marve has the potential but has a lot of work to do. And Joey Jr is right about Marve being a primadonna. That is a major problem for a QB.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People make this mistake all the time simply because Jacory is black and Marve is white. But Marve is the dual threat.
Actually, isn't Marve of mixed race descent? Just from appearances in his ESPN interview today he could be, I may be wrong there. Doesn't hurt, maybe it helps, Josh Freeman had a black parent & a white one & was the #1 pick of the Bucs, likewise the parentage of Holly Berry, former Miss America Vanessa Williams, & oh yeah, Pres. Barack Obama too.

Marve going to Tennessee would add the controversy swirling around Kiffin there, but he could only have helped a Vols program that was screaming for better QB play last season. It's a legit question, does Kiffin need an additional headache now even if it's an experienced QB that could improve their awful, bottom 5% Div. 1 offense? Since he has to sit a yr. at either school I'd give the higher profiled, much bigger Tennessee program the edge on finding this offseason & starting a better freshman at QB than Purdue. His experience can only help Purdue too, look at how Javon Snead helped Ole Miss with his experience from a yr at Texas, he led his squad to a completely dominating defeat over a former #1-ranked Texas Tech team that beat his former Longhorn team in the last 5 seconds in Lubbock last season.

Maybe Marve just enjoys dissing SEC programs, he's from Florida isn't he? I do know he rejected my school, Alabama, after committing there in favor of the Miami Canes, no great loss in this Crimson Tide alum's opinion. His behavior at Nebraska isn't surprising considering his past performances as someone posted earlier, I think he's an immature kid with a seriously swelled head & no record of performance on the field to support that self-image. The Purdue coaching staff should remind him he's at his last stop in Div. 1 & work as closely as possible ASAP to become a team leader & win the respect of team mates, apparently that never happened at Miami. He will be expected to start at Purdue as an experienced jr, so he has some catching up to do.

Last edited by LizardState : 05-22-2009 at 10:05 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Actually, isn't Marve of mixed race descent? Just from appearances in his ESPN interview today he could be, I may be wrong there. Doesn't hurt, maybe it helps, Josh Freeman had a black parent & a white one & was the #1 pick of the Bucs, likewise the parentage of Holly Berry, former Miss America Vanessa Williams, & oh yeah, Pres. Barack Obama too.

Marve going to Tennessee would only add the controversy swirling around Kiffin there, but he could only have helped a Vols program that was screaming for better QB play last season. It's a legit question, does Kiffin need an additional headache now even if it's an experienced QB that could improve their awful, bottom 5% Div. 1 offense? Since he has to sit a yr. at either school I'd give the higher profiled, much bigger Tennessee program the edge on finding this offseason & starting a better freshman at QB than Purdue. His experience can only help Purdue, look at how Javon Snead helped Ole Miss with his experience from a yr at Texas, he led his squad to a completely dominating defeat over a former #1-ranked Texas Tech team that beat his former Longhorn team in the last 5 seconds in Lubbock last season.

Maybe Marve just enjoys dissing SEC programs, he's from Florida isn't he? I do know he rejected my school, Alabama, after committing there in favor of the Miami Canes, no great loss in this Crimson Tide alum's opinion. His behavior at Nebraska isn't surprising considering his past performances as someone posted earlier, I think he's an immature kid with a seriously swelled head & no record of performance on the field to support that self-image. The Purdue coaching staff should remind him he's at his last stop in Div. 1 & work as closely as possible ASAP to become a team leader & win the respect of team mates, apparently that never happened at Miami. He will be expected to start at Purdue as an experienced jr, so he has some catching up to do.
Yea but most people don't know that unless they follow Miami football. They just see his skin color and assume white compare to Jacory who is obviously black.

BTW, he picked Purdue. It's official.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jacory is a smooth athlete with escapability, but Marve is a lot more mobile. He's faster and more explosive.

Good point on the transfers. Really good point. 15-20 names just rang through my head and I laughed at each one.

But Marve does have tremendous potential. Problem is there's a 1% chance he ever comes close to reaching it.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:01 AM    (permalink
parrish_lemar24DBSkins
Veteran

parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not sure what makes Marve more immature than most underclassmen QBs, and it's not like he got kicked out of Miami. I see a kid who believes, (rightly), that he has the ability to start in D1 and it wasn't going to happen with Harris in front of him at Miami.

Marve was just caught up in a numbers game, but I'm really interested to see how things go for him at Purdue.

Right or wrong, was Marve prevented by Miami from transferring to any Florida or SEC schools, or is this just a rumor?

If true, that's really doing a player dirty. These guys are student athletes, not indentured servants, and no program should be able to control the transfer rights of a football player.
parrish_lemar24DBSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:30 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
Not sure what makes Marve more immature than most underclassmen QBs, and it's not like he got kicked out of Miami. I see a kid who believes, (rightly), that he has the ability to start in D1 and it wasn't going to happen with Harris in front of him at Miami.

Marve was just caught up in a numbers game, but I'm really interested to see how things go for him at Purdue.

Right or wrong, was Marve prevented by Miami from transferring to any Florida or SEC schools, or is this just a rumor?

If true, that's really doing a player dirty. These guys are student athletes, not indentured servants, and no program should be able to control the transfer rights of a football player.
Marve was only prevented from transferring to UF, UT, LSU and ACC schools. Barring players from playing in your conference is common practice. UF, UT and LSU were placed on there because Marve and his family were contacting those schools during the middle of our football season while Marve was still our starting QB. It cause problems within our locker room and with our recruiting.

Marve wasn't caught in a numbers game. Sure Harris outplayed him and deserved to start but Marve was still the starter all season and has plenty of PT coming his way. What makes Marve more immature then most QBs was the constant partying, the fights he was getting in at frat parties, the arrest for vandalism, the bad mouthing of our coaching staff to other recruits and things of that nature. Not to mention he had a suspension during the season and was academically ineligible for our bowl game.

How many D1 QBs do you know that are immature to the point they get ruled academically ineligible for the bowl game? Marve is the only one that comes to mind.

Should look a little deeper into the situation then just, "he was stuck behind Jacory and Miami did him wrong"
Old 05-22-2009, 09:04 AM    (permalink
parrish_lemar24DBSkins
Veteran

parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've seen players ruled academically ineligible for the postseason in b-ball, off the top of my head I can't think of one in football, but it's unlikely Marve is the only one.

Marve was the starter all season? Didn't know that, I thought Harris had been given the starting gig at some point last season and Marve was the backup.

You almost sound as if you still want him on the team, but if he's looking for a chance to start, his best bet IMO is to leave.

And I stand by my belief that even though a university may be within its rights to block a student-athlete's opportunity to transfer to certain schools, I still have a problem with it.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
I've seen players ruled academically ineligible for the postseason in b-ball, off the top of my head I can't think of one in football, but it's unlikely Marve is the only one.

Marve was the starter all season? Didn't know that, I thought Harris had been given the starting gig at some point last season and Marve was the backup.

You almost sound as if you still want him on the team, but if he's looking for a chance to start, his best bet IMO is to leave.

And I stand by my belief that even though a university may be within its rights to block a student-athlete's opportunity to transfer to certain schools, I still have a problem with it.
Marve left this team in thge lurch with his attitude and transfer. He absolutely could be part of this team, albeit as a backup.

And Yes, Marve starer every game last season save for the 2 he was suspended for.

I completely agree with the universities right to block transfers. They need a way to protect themselves. If the kids is classy and handles himself the right way then our coaches have zero problem. We allowed Jermaine McKenzie to transfer with zero problem. We allowed Shawnbery McNeal to transfer and even petitioned the NCAA to let him play right away. We've let several players go without issue.

The problem is that you cannot let kids like Marve, make illegal contact with other schools in the middle of your season and get away with it. Especially a starting QB. The means that next year when you have a kid with problem hell take it a step further and that will always cause distractions in the locker room. No coach wants a big players constantly telling his teammates about the other teams and coaches he's been dealing under the table with. And that doesn't even begin to address the recruiting aspect where Marve bashed us to recruits while still on the team and recruited for other schools while still playing for us. Coaches just cannot let that happen without consequence, it will cause numerous problems with various schools (not just Miami) if kids like that go unchecked and the only recourse coaches have in that situation is to block transfers.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How many D1 QBs do you know that are immature to the point they get ruled academically ineligible for the bowl game? Marve is the only one that comes to mind.
Reggie Ball in his Senior year. Taylor Bennett played light's out as his replacement but they lost to WVU.

But there are plenty of mature people who get bad grades. Marve just isn't one of them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's a good fit for Purdue at least. Not saying he will live up to his potential and have as much success as some of the notable Purdue QB's, but the potential is there.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:39 AM    (permalink
parrish_lemar24DBSkins
Veteran

ETK, what " high horse" am I on?? What makes me a "smurf"?

Inquiring minds would like to know, not to hijack this thread or anything.

Last edited by parrish_lemar24DBSkins : 05-23-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
ETK, what " high horse" am I on?? What makes me a "smurf"?

Inquiring minds would like to know, not to hijack this thread or anything.
Your inquiring mind just did hijack this thread. A know-it-all like yourself should know how to PM (personal message in simpler terms) another poster.

High Horse: Exhibit A - "Best, most concise counter argument so far without the high idiocy/mental defective quotient."

Exhibit B - Calling someone a "dumb****".

Smurf: You joined in Feb. 2009. That's no more than 4 months of activity on this site.

This is the last time I respond to you outside of personal messaging.

sig by BoneKrusher