Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 05-23-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I know you don't draft for need but I don't think it's a good idea to take Strasburg and then another SP who is going to move into the majors soon. Is there a thing as too much young pitching? haha
Nope, it is always valued highly, and when you have too much, there are more opportunities to get veterans at other positions where you really need help.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been sayign for a while now (to my friends, don't talk much about baseball on SWDC for some reason) that the Nats may not be too dangerous now, but give them a year or two, and they will be right in the mix for the NL East.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Nope, it is always valued highly, and when you have too much, there are more opportunities to get veterans at other positions where you really need help.
I was just joking around when I said that. Of course you can never have enough pitching especially young studs like the Natinals are getting. On the last page I said the same thing as you that if the they can add some bats they will definitely be contending in the NL East in about 2 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was just joking around when I said that. Of course you can never have enough pitching especially young studs like the Natinals are getting. On the last page I said the same thing as you that if the they can add some bats they will definitely be contending in the NL East in about 2 years.
Well there comes a time when enough is enough, but with the Nats situation, more pitching couldn't hurt. As I said, even if that pitching may not have the chance to make that impact for you, you can use it to get other players that will, since pitching is valued so highly. I saw that you said that, and I (obviously) agree. But I guess my point is things may be looking bleak currently for the Nats right now, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detwiler v Adam Jones with bases loaded, this should be a test for the young fella.

EDIT: Test passed, now on to Detwiler v Markakis with bases loaded.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ross Detweiler looks legit. HAd a few issues with walks around the 3rd inning or so but got out of it well.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Ross Detweiler looks legit. HAd a few issues with walks around the 3rd inning or so but got out of it well.
I'm going to keep saying it but the whole rotation is legit. Adding Strasburg=WOW.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously believe that if the NL ROY doesn't come from this Nationals rotation than the award means nothing. These guys have all been horribly rushed through the system and are all performing admirably. If the team had a bullpen I think the Nats would be in the NL East race
Old 05-24-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts:

Miserable performance by the bullpen, as usual.

Detweiler is such a stud.

I know it for fact, that if we had even an average bullpen we could be 2nd or 3rd in the East and not that far off the lead.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
Thoughts:

Miserable performance by the bullpen, as usual.

Detweiler is such a stud.

I know it for fact, that if we had even an average bullpen we could be 2nd or 3rd in the East and not that far off the lead.
The bullpen in general wasn't horrible last night. Just Julian Tavarez. Why he still has a job amazes me
Old 05-24-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I believe that after the team drafts and signs Strasburg, they'll likely move one of these young starters in order to get some bullpen depth. I think it will likely be Martis
Old 05-24-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I believe that after the team drafts and signs Strasburg, they'll likely move one of these young starters in order to get some bullpen depth. I think it will likely be Martis
I think they'll keep their rotation, because who knows how long Stammen/Olsen will be effective. So our rotation for 2010 would be:

Strasburg
Lannan
Zimmermann
Detweiler
Martis

Which is a very solid rotation (potential wise).

I still think we'll end up trading Nick Johnson for a reliever within the next two weeks while his value is still high.

BoneKrusher

Last edited by HChu : 05-24-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

Well Nick looks like he's gone, he was just scratched from the lineup because "he didn't feel well." Where does he end up? San Francisco? Boston? The Mets?

BoneKrusher
Old 05-24-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

And Joel Hanrahan gets a 1-2-3 inning? Cats with dogs? Odd...

BoneKrusher
Old 05-24-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Well Nick looks like he's gone, he was just scratched from the lineup because "he didn't feel well." Where does he end up? San Francisco? Boston? The Mets?
Wasn't it really just stomach discomfort?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-24-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

Quote:
Wasn't it really just stomach discomfort?
Maybe, but I still think something is going on.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-24-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

I can't believe I haven't mentioned this, but sometimes it's almost fun when we're losing to just hear the despair in Rob Dibble's voice. Then he just starts cracking zings, and the regret he feels for taking the job as color guy for the Nats is palpable.

BoneKrusher
Old 05-24-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Maybe, but I still think something is going on.
Well I gues we'll find out soon. Aren't you jinxing yourself with that sig? haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-24-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Martis got bailed out for the second straight start. 2 starts in a row he's given up 5 ERs and got away with the no decision to keep his record flawless
Old 05-24-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Maybe I should stop going to games because so far they've lost every game I've been to this past week and won the games I didn't go to.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:08 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We luv spel.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:34 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

That's even more embarrassing than the Natinals debacle. Teddy Roosevelt is a historic icon
Old 05-25-2009, 09:39 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love the Nubinals.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Just want to say sorry but my allegiance goes to the Mets for this series.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I was looking back at past drafts and in the 2002 MLB Draft the Montreal Expos took Clint Everts with the 5th overall pick. The following pick? Zack Greinke. What a shame, although Everts is beasting it in Potomac, and IMO looks poised at least for a call up to at least Harrisburg if not Syracuse. Still though, no Greinke.

BoneKrusher