Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Combine

I figured we could make a new thread here to talk about the combine and guys we like/dont like in one easy to find place.

A couple things I've seen today from some D-lineman tweener type guys.

Moss and Spencer ran around a 4.7 40 and looked alright, but it looked like their technique might be what made them so slow. Watching the agility drills they both look decent in space, but Spencer looked to have better agility of the two.

Also two late round guys we could look at for OLB are Antwan Applewhite and Justin Hickman, who both ran mid 4.7 40's.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did you hear tim crowders numbers?? 4.69 and 32 reps. living in texas i have seen him play a lot and always wondered why he never got talked about. whatcha think??

i would rather have spencer than moss just cuz spencer reminds me more a merriman and that can never be a bad thing. but the thing is i can not wrap my brain around us drafting anything but DE or OLB in the first. and i wouldn't know who else would be available than moss. and while i would rather have spencer i don't think he is high enough to get drafted in the first.
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Spencer and Moss running some of these drills for tweener guys, I can easily say that Moss is the better choice of the two. Spencer has stiff hips and can really turn them easily while keeping his balance. Moss has much more fluid hips and looks way more comfortable changing directions quickly. I would take Moss in the first as a guy who could come in occationally his first year and probably start his second after some, while Spencer seems like he would take a year or two to adjust to a new position before he's able to contribute. I would say yes if he was there in the second and we needed a guy.

I'm really interested in what Brian Smith from Missouri does during his pro day. I think we could pick him up in the 4th and get a huge steal.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i hear you i would love to get brian smith in the 4th or 5th whichever round we don't grab Nate Ilaoa in. :D i am at work, so i'm not getting to watch the combine so you are getting to see them up close and together so i am going to take your word for it on moss, i just wish he would put on 10-15 lbs of muscle, he looks so scrawny to me. like to tall for his weight or too light for his height. one of them.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
Old 02-26-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ska,

Right now Brian Smith is being touted as a 6th-UDFA guy. So we could get him probably in UDFA. I think he'd be a great pick because if we Run a 4-3, he's fast enough to be a monstrous SAM backer.

Check my latest mock guys!

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacob Ford ran a 4.6 forty he could be a nice sleeper. Out of Central Arkansas.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

is anyone watching the LBer's run the 40?? i am reading it on the Combine Thread and there are some sick times churning out. dammit i wish i could watch it. c'mon stiller. make it happen.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
Old 02-26-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

yeah, a lot of guys who's names i've never heard are putting up some decent times, while big name guys arent. Beason ran a 4.65 or something like that, Rufus Alexander ran a 4.7, and Abbate ran a pathetic 4.98. Meanwhile guys from some smaller schools are running 4.5's and what not. David Harris ran a 4.5 and looked pretty good. I was impressed. I'm just waiting for Paul to run. I'm hoping for under 4.6.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

Damn, he ran a 4.68.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

Tim Shaw ran a 4.49. That is absolutely rediculous.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willis with a 4.4 I would mind getting this guy with the 3-4 or the 4-3 scheme.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hows quentin moses look
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

Atwan Barns is tearing the combine apart. He is a linebacker from Florida International and has run 4.4 40 and benched something in the 30's I believe. Pretty rediculous, and he's looking to be one of those workout warriors who raises his stock at the combine. David Harris is also looking pretty good, and I think he's solidified himself as a second round pick, and maybe could even sneak into the first.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

keep commin with those updates!

i dont have nfl network :(
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

Well I have to go to class now but heres my views from today:

Tim Shaw and Antwan Barnes are really fast and could be sleepers in the draft. Both ran around a 4.4 40 and looked very quick and agile in drills.

Desmond Bishop lead all the LB's in bench presses with 33, which is a pretty rediculous number, and better than some lineman. The kid is going to be a thumper in the big leagues.

P-Willie had an impresive 40 time just under 4.5 and looks pretty good as well. Probably made himself the 1st linebacker to be chosen.

David Harris ran well and looked good in the drills and solidified himself as a high second rounder and could even slip into the late first round.

If anyone has some questions, feel free to ask. I'll probably watch the recap thats playing tonight at 8 as well.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss' stock will drop from here. He was said to run a 4.5 but a 4.7 will drop him some.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

I dont think he will drop that much, at least not for where I had him. I figured he would be a mid to late 1st rounder, and I dont think that really changed too much. We could easily trade down to the Jets and still pick him up, which is fine by me. I think people were looking for a Shawn Merriman this year and got dissapointed. A 4.68 isn't that bad of a 40 time for a DE, it's just not elite.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

I personally like Spencer better because while he is short to play DE in a 4-3, he is very strong and put up great numbers his senior year. I mean check out his stats:
Year GP TKL TFL SACK
2006 14 93 26.5 10.5

I get worried that Moss might be a little weak to handle OTs at the next level, and I think we'll eventually make the switch to a 4-3.

But I've pretty made up my mind that Willis is the guy I really want in the first round. He could make an impact in either scheme.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
I personally like Spencer better because while he is short to play DE in a 4-3, he is very strong and put up great numbers his senior year. I mean check out his stats:
Year GP TKL TFL SACK
2006 14 93 26.5 10.5

I get worried that Moss might be a little weak to handle OTs at the next level, and I think we'll eventually make the switch to a 4-3.

But I've pretty made up my mind that Willis is the guy I really want in the first round. He could make an impact in either scheme.
I'll be the first to admit I don't like Willis. He's too easily pushed out of the play. I think Rory Johnson... if we were going to a cover 2, would be my pick for WLB.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote