Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: Would you sign him?
Yes 7 28.00%
No 17 68.00%
Undecided 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vick?

My personal opinion when thinking about putting together a football team is to explore every possible option in looking to make your team better. The Lions have stayed away from bad eggs, but I don't think that rules us out from ever signing one.

I'm still torn on if I would ever want the Lions to bring Vick in. The thing is we have been really bad for awhile and the roster has lacked legitimate talent for years.

When you think about the PR backlash in Michigan and the Detroit area, what would you really think the reactions would be? I don't think it'd be that harsh.

If we were to every sign him we could easily find ways to use him on offense, and he would be our wildcat QB.

This guy is hungry motivated because his is broke, and there is no question that bankruptcy will fuel an already motivated man trying to restore his reputation.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would sign him if i were on maybe 8 other teams in the league besides the lions. it would have to be for the minimum too. as for the lions, i'm not going to do anything to mess with stafford's psyche. daunte culpepper isn't a wildcat qb, but he's enough of a presence at qb that another starting caliber qb would probably blow our clubhouse up.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 05-20-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it would end my relationship with the Lions, I'd definitely drop them as a team I follow through thick and thin. I'm not really worried the Lions would sign Vick but if they ever did, it would be the end for me.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't feel that harshly about it. Leonard Little killed someone? Pacman got signed. The man paid his debt to society. If he is sincere how can you not forgive him? He just wants to go back to what he did for a living.

What if he goes to the Vikings and runs all over us?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even aside from the off-field objections, which are considerable, I think it would be a dumb football move. Vick isn't looking to come back into the league to be a five-play-a-game wildcat QB and role player. He thinks he's coming back as a star QB and making all that money back to pay off the millions and millions he owes.

The Lions are not some top-shelf organization that can take the locker room hit of signing a guy like that who's going to piss and moan about how he should be playing. Furthermore, Schwartz is going to have his hands full up to his eyeballs just trying to get the Lions to finally have some kind of consistent offense, AND to get Stafford going as a NFL QB and team leader, without having to worry about installing a bunch of BS trick nonsense to accommodate Vick.

(By the way, I think the Wildcat is going to be a short-lived phenomenon, maybe it will have one more season as the in-vogue thing to do but then it will fade away and become just another trick formation that you'll see a few times a year at best.)

So no, Vick makes no sense whatsoever either on or off the field.

Last edited by Calvin & Kevin : 05-20-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Calvin & Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if i were the vikings i'd take him.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

I wouldn't want him on the lions. I got no problems with him as a person he served his time. I just don't think he ever was a great QB or even a good one. I say pass we prolly got more in stanton then Vic.
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
if i were the vikings i'd take him.
Me too, I'm thinking is the best team for him.

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcLion View Post
I wouldn't want him on the lions. I got no problems with him as a person he served his time. I just don't think he ever was a great QB or even a good one. I say pass we prolly got more in stanton then Vic.
I agree with you except for the bolded part. Vick at least managed to sort of perform in the NFL, Stanton so far hasn't done anything but hold a clipboard for a team that was going 0-16... that just says it all.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:18 AM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I agree with you except for the bolded part. Vick at least managed to sort of perform in the NFL, Stanton so far hasn't done anything but hold a clipboard for a team that was going 0-16... that just says it all.
We agree more then you think. I said that about stanton to make a statement about what I think Vick has left. He has been out of football and never was a great QB just a gimic.
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcLion View Post
We agree more then you think. I said that about stanton to make a statement about what I think Vick has left. He has been out of football and never was a great QB just a gimic.
I don't know how much his athleticism has suffered the past two years. I imagine that elusiveness is a nice asset in jail... especially if he fumbles the soap like he fumbled the football :o (yes, that's a buttsex joke)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick makes sense for a team like Minnesota or even San Fran for this season and that's about it, imo. He needs to be a clear upgrade at the position to make it worth the PR headache and the roll of the dice regarding his ability to learn a system and perform well with a short off-season.

Otherwise I think he will be a great late season pickup for a team that finally sees the reality of their QB situation, like the Raiders, Broncos or Panthers.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote