Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-28-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Please...please help me SWDC...

I'm at my wits end. Seriously.

Ok, backstory, I stay with my uncle during the summers in order to work and earn money for when I go back to school. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

However, in my room, was a really really ****** TV. Old, liked to randomly turn off for no apparent reason, closed captioning was stuck on.......but I got by.

Then, my uncle got a new flatscreen TV for downstairs and I got the one that used to be there. Pretty sweet, worked great for a few weeks....

But now, I'm watching the basketball game, and suddenly the screen goes fuzzy and when the picture comes back, THE GOD DAMNED CLOSED CAPTIONING IS STUCK ON.

I HATE CLOSED CAPTIONING!!!

Phew. I can't get it to go off. I've looked online and everywhere I go theres some jackass answer guy whos like "just go on the menu, find CC, and turn it off."

NO. THAT DOESN'T WORK. THERE IS NO OPTION UNDER THE MENU TO TURN OFF CLOSED CAPTIONING. I'VE LOOKED.

I bring up the menu, and I have the options of picture, sound, features, and install. Under none of these is there anything even closely related to closed captioning. The interweb has proved useless.

So please, for the love of christ SWDC network of geniuses, someone help me turn off the closed captioning on my TV.

It's a magnavox, and the model number is 20MS2331/17 (Ignore the websites that say this is a handheld tv, it's not....I don't know where the hell they ever came up with that idea.)

Maybe someone here worked at bestbuy or your just really good with TV's or idfk....just someone help me before I completely lose my god damned mind. Please. Plus + rep infinity to anyone who can fix this for me.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

throw a hammer through the screen

edit: honest answer, i have no idea. maybe there's a way to reset the tv?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
I've about 5 more minutes from doing just that.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

edit: honest answer, i have no idea. maybe there's a way to reset the tv?
i vote hammer.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I've tried unlpugging it and leaving it unplugged for a little while....nothing.

I think any TV that gets plugged into this room is just cursed. This is two TV's now this has happened......
Old 05-28-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the curse of the deaf ghost

Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
Old 05-28-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Instead of fixing the TV, just make yourself go deaf.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the curse of the deaf ghost
Beans, you know you want to draw a picture for us. I know you're just as bored as the rest of us. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I vote this.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I've tried unlpugging it and leaving it unplugged for a little while....nothing.

I think any TV that gets plugged into this room is just cursed. This is two TV's now this has happened......
Is there another outlet? Try plugging it in there. It's crazy, but it has to be better than a hammer.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mr. Baron could you diagram the Remote Control in detail? Perhaps there's a button on the remote.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
...using the hammer! a perfect plan.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Beans, you know you want to draw a picture for us. I know you're just as bored as the rest of us. :)

Quote:
Old 05-28-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently I need to spread rep around. So I'll be back to appreciate that gem. Well done, sir.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-28-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My best answer would be to just leave it. Or just take your uncles new tv and plug that in and see what happens. FYL

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just go on the menu, find CC, and turn it off

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Noooooo-**
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbaron
I bring up the menu, and I have the options of picture, sound, features, and install. Under none of these is there anything even closely related to closed captioning. The interweb has proved useless.
hmmmmmm....back to the drawing board...for you. And the drawing board = 1st grade the day you skipped when they taught reading.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's definitely a ghost. You just need to come up with a way of busting it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-28-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
hmmmmmm....back to the drawing board...for you. And the drawing board = 1st grade the day you skipped when they taught reading.
No, I actually read quite well.

If you read the original post thoroughly you would notice that I copied and pasted the exact thing BB typed.

I have no idea how to fix the CC problem.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Beat me to it...

Honestly BB, IDFK.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
No, I actually read quite well.

If you read the original post thoroughly you would notice that I copied and pasted the exact thing BB typed.

I have no idea how to fix the CC problem.
Hmm touche.

I rescind my jackassery, my apologies.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-28-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if there is nothing on the menu buttom, i would try changing outlets. Maybe you can rearrange your room b/c of this

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Edit: Damn you iowa.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote