Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who's the champion?
Blindsite 49 41.88%
ToldLikeItIs 68 58.12%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Biggest Homer Final: Jake Delhomme is an amazing post-season QB vs. John Clay to Iowa

It's here. Is Jake Delhomme an amazing post-season QB? Is John Clay committing to Iowa? SWDC has voted these two as the biggest homers on the board. Two men enter, only one leaves with the prestigious championship of the first ever SWDC Biggest Homer vote!

In the blue and white corner...

There are a ton of reasons why the Panthers might lose, but dammit, Jake Delhomme won't be one of them. By God, he's an amazing post-season QB. He can't be stopped. Julius Peppers is due for an 83 sack season some time soon. Panthers or crack? I say Panthers. SWDC, is he the biggest homer?

In the gold and black corner...

He's made some really brutal predictions before. The John Clay fiasco was his finest hour, but let us not forget all of the dandies in the recruiting thread(s). Iowa will go 13-0 and win the national title this year, dammit! Mitch King will be a day 1 pick. You could make a pretty solid team with players that Told said would go to Iowa and didn't. SWDC, is he the biggest homer?

It's on...

Last edited by Sniper : 05-29-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I almost picked Blindsite based on the Delhomme quote alone...but I can't vote against Told in a homer contest.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to vote against John Clay.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is tough for me.

On one hand, every week this past football season, if just one poster made a comment about how Deangelo Williams might not be better than Burner Turner, or that the Panthers are going to lose on a last second field goal after playing an amazing game, Blindsite would be there within seconds to tell you how much of a failure at life you are in a post longer than most novels.

However, I simply cannot overlook my two years of Iowa bashing and ridicule I've had to endure because of one man's incredible efforts. It's honestly gotten to the point where I don't even try to defend these attacks. Told has broken my spirit. :(

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Told is so homerific

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

That Jake Delhomme debate is right up there with "best secondary this decade" for homeristic fail. So I think this has to go to BS because he was more homerific at his peak and doesn't exactly lack in quantity either.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think what sets Told apart is the fact that he completely lacks self awareness. He geniunely believes he is always right. And when it comes to Iowa, he is almost always wrong.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't let ULM win anything. Told wins my vote.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blindsite got my vote.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Blindsite actually takes off those homer goggles (which is not often at all), he's not really that bad a poster and can sometimes post some interesting thoughts on the league. Still, he deserves to be in this position because he was almost unbearable to read at a few points during last season. I hope the Panthers go back to mediocrity so I don't have to go through that again.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voted Blindsite. I don't even know who Told is/was.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Go check out the Recruiting thread.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Go check out the Recruiting thread.
Too late ...

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the collective wisdom of this board has deemed that Told is a bigger homer than TacticaLion, he has my vote.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Told is so homerific
qft, really homerific is redefined by Told.

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Same here, no clue who the other guy is.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'll mainly see Told in the college football forum, or hyping up Iowa prospects in the draft forum.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

I mainly see him in people's sigs. :)

Old 05-29-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I have needled Blindsite for being a homer before, but I really feel like he is a victim of perhaps the worst timing in the history of SWDC with the Delhomme comment. I don't think anyone expected the world, but I doubt they were many who predicted Delhomme would perform a stunningly accurate impression of a washed up QB against AZ.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Timing is everything though. Anyone can just blindly hype their boys, it takes a special level of homer to achieve the epicness of Blindsite's Delhomme fail.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
Timing is everything though. Anyone can just blindly hype their boys, it takes a special level of homer to achieve the epicness of Blindsite's Delhomme fail.
That's true I guess this pot had been boiling for a while.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome, everyone forgets that until the Cardinals game Delhomme was in the top 5 for winning % and for QB rating in the post season.

Haters gon hate

Last edited by BlindSite : 05-29-2009 at 04:19 PM.
BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Awesome, everyone forgets that until the Cardinals game Delhomme was in the top 5 for winning % and for QB rating in the post season.

Haters gon hate
Sorry man. That's why they call it epic fail.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Sorry man. That's why they call it epic fail.
Dude, half the time I make jokes at my own expense in the NFL forum and openly call myself a homer every now and then.

After a while statements taken out of context are a big pain in the ass **** gets old that's all.

Last edited by BlindSite : 05-29-2009 at 04:24 PM.
BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop it guys. Blindsite cries when you call him a homer.