Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I have been possessed by tactica

Tactica has taken over my body but I just got a good look at the schedual and then took a good look at the ESPN pre season ranking.

Week, team, ESPN Ranking

1, NO, 16
2, MIN, 14
3, Was, 19
4, Chi, 12
5, PIT, 1
6, GB, 17
7, BYE,
8, StL, 31
9, Sea, 22
10, MIN, 14
11, Cle, 28
12, GB, 17
13, Cin, 23
14, Bal, 6
15, Ari, 9
16, SF, 26
17, Chi, 12

Six teams we play are in the 19 and under rank. Nine teams are below the median. This is the first time we've had a late bye week in a long time. If we beat all the teams that are in the bottom half of the league we make the playoffs. Now that isn't going to happen but I could see six wins out of this season. We win half of those other three with the lower half of the league we are in the wild card race ... Can Kevin Smith be right?!?!?!? Is it possible that the Detroit Lions are an upset or three away from the playoffs? PLAYOFFS are you kidding me?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. 19 or worse pre-season ranking doesn't mean anything. For instance Washington is always tough, especially now with Haynesworth and that Seattle game is at Seattle. Super tough place to play, Hasselbeck is back and I think they had a very good offseason too in Seattle. Also at San Fran(team 26) I recall getting beat down there last year. I think that game will be closer but there are no gimmes on the Lions schedule ever. Thats why we have stunk, we don't win the "gimmes". We're improved for sure but 4-6 range is where we are at still. Anything over will be awesome but the team has to gel especially on D and Stafford is a rookie or Daunte is still playing.

I think the team will be improved with 5 wins. Blowouts limited to probably 2(instead of 7). And 2 division wins would be nice. I think the offense will look fairly good, hopefully with Stafford playing/progressing and an actual running game. I think the defense will be NFL caliber this year. Last year wasn't NFL caliber it was a joke. We won't be dead last in every defensive category by far this year. Rush D will be better IMO(hopefully much better) but the secondary is still going to get burnt with no number 1 corner(Buchanon), decent number 2 but Henry does get beat, good but rookie FS, and Bullocks needing improvement in coverage. Brees,Rodgers twice,Cutler twice,Hasselbeck,Kurt Warner,Big Ben,Carson Palmer better get pressure on them. We'll blitz more with Peterson and get more pressure but that leaves us more vulnerable on the back end. The blitzes better work.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
No. 19 or worse pre-season ranking doesn't mean anything. For instance Washington is always tough, especially now with Haynesworth and that Seattle game is at Seattle. Super tough place to play, Hasselbeck is back and I think they had a very good offseason too in Seattle. Also at San Fran(team 26) I recall getting beat down there last year. I think that game will be closer but there are no gimmes on the Lions schedule ever. Thats why we have stunk, we don't win the "gimmes". We're improved for sure but 4-6 range is where we are at still. Anything over will be awesome but the team has to gel especially on D and Stafford is a rookie or Daunte is still playing.

I think the team will be improved with 5 wins. Blowouts limited to probably 2(instead of 7). And 2 division wins would be nice. I think the offense will look fairly good, hopefully with Stafford playing/progressing and an actual running game. I think the defense will be NFL caliber this year. Last year wasn't NFL caliber it was a joke. We won't be dead last in every defensive category by far this year. Rush D will be better IMO(hopefully much better) but the secondary is still going to get burnt with no number 1 corner(Buchanon), decent number 2 but Henry does get beat, good but rookie FS, and Bullocks needing improvement in coverage. Brees,Rodgers twice,Cutler twice,Hasselbeck,Kurt Warner,Big Ben,Carson Palmer better get pressure on them. We'll blitz more with Peterson and get more pressure but that leaves us more vulnerable on the back end. The blitzes better work.
Damn you and your "logic" I'm trying to breed false hope here!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

considering that we are 32nd on those power rankings...its looking more like another 0-16 season. its probably best that we ignore all rankings and logic.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys know how the season will play out right?

Start off 0-6. Stafford named the starter in the Bye Week. We finish the season winning 4-6 (Rams, Browns, @49ers, Bears) 2009 Record is 4-12. Pick #3 Overall.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol our schedule looks good until you realize who's number 32 on those rankings

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
You guys know how the season will play out right?

Start off 0-6. Stafford named the starter in the Bye Week. We finish the season winning 4-6 (Rams, Browns, @49ers, Bears) 2009 Record is 4-12. Pick #3 Overall.
Your final number of 4-12 is about what I was thinking. Maybe 5-11 if we steal another win somewhere. I don't see any better than that, and even 5-11 is stretching it IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

number 3 will be a line pick, O or D... this draft is extremely deep trench-wise so that could really work out well for us.

But yeah, a top 5 pick is very, very likely.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-07-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every fan of every team in the league that does a similar pre-season break down, has the Lion's as a certain VICTORY for their team written down in permanent marker! Let's earn some victories by our play (i.e. Tiger's & Wings) and keep our crystal balls in the closet. Not to be all negative but reality is we are on a 16 game losing streak going into the week 1 game against NO ... 16 in a row!
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

actually we are on a 17 game regular season losing streak and have only won 1 of our last 23 regular season games. however, we were 4-0 last year in preseason!

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schedule or no schedule, the other teams in the NFC North made serious improvements in the off season while Detroit must wait for Stafford to develop. It will be very difficult to win one game in division and without a strong in division improvement, the lions will struggle to win 4 games which is still a sizable improvement from last season.
Schedules definitely have a huge impact in the NFL as far as contending is concerned but to think it will mean more than 4 wins after registering zero last year just isn't in the cards which only goes to show just how far this team needs to add talent before even a schedule can save it.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
actually we are on a 17 game regular season losing streak and have only won 1 of our last 23 regular season games. however, we were 4-0 last year in preseason!
hey look at it that way: you would need to go 0-8 i believe to break the record

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
hey look at it that way: you would need to go 0-8 i believe to break the record
that sounds doable. Hell we're not gonna be good this year anyway... we might as well grab the chance to set a record.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-08-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Schedule or no schedule, the other teams in the NFC North made serious improvements in the off season while Detroit must wait for Stafford to develop. It will be very difficult to win one game in division and without a strong in division improvement, the lions will struggle to win 4 games which is still a sizable improvement from last season.
Schedules definitely have a huge impact in the NFL as far as contending is concerned but to think it will mean more than 4 wins after registering zero last year just isn't in the cards which only goes to show just how far this team needs to add talent before even a schedule can save it.
Chicago made huge improvements with Pace(if healthy) and Cutler. They will be tough if their defense gets back into shape with a pass rush and Cutler can make due with just Hester and Olsen. But the Week 17 game is a long way away. We'll see who's left on both teams by then. Also by then I expect Stafford(all rookies) to be showing some progress.

Minnesota didn't have much to improve but still lack the QB IMO which is the big thing. Harvin helps make the offense more dynamic but Loadholdt is still a rookie going up against a blitzing Julian Peterson, plus a new center. And Week 2 they might be without the Williams Wall. Week 2 and Week 17 are the best bets IMO for division wins.

Green Bay all depends on how the 3-4 switch goes. Offense will be tough as usual but I don't see two 100 yard rushers in the same game happen again. Make them one dimensional and then its up to Rodgers to beat us(which he can). Shootout would be nice if the 3-4 doesn't go very well. We played them tough last year and both teams got better. The home game on Thanksgiving we have to be due to play well on Thanksgiving lol.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Chicago made huge improvements with Pace(if healthy) and Cutler. They will be tough if their defense gets back into shape with a pass rush and Cutler can make due with just Hester and Olsen. But the Week 17 game is a long way away. We'll see who's left on both teams by then. Also by then I expect Stafford(all rookies) to be showing some progress.

Minnesota didn't have much to improve but still lack the QB IMO which is the big thing. Harvin helps make the offense more dynamic but Loadholdt is still a rookie going up against a blitzing Julian Peterson, plus a new center. And Week 2 they might be without the Williams Wall. Week 2 and Week 17 are the best bets IMO for division wins.

Green Bay all depends on how the 3-4 switch goes. Offense will be tough as usual but I don't see two 100 yard rushers in the same game happen again. Make them one dimensional and then its up to Rodgers to beat us(which he can). Shootout would be nice if the 3-4 doesn't go very well. We played them tough last year and both teams got better. The home game on Thanksgiving we have to be due to play well on Thanksgiving lol.
Whatever weaknesses these teams have, they still pale in comparison to our weaknesses especially on defense. I though I was generous giving us at least 1 win based on last year against these teams.
Personally, I'll be shocked if Stafford get a lot of playing time this coming season. Junior QB's rookie years have generally been absolutely brutal so expecting much from Stafford is pie in the sky IMO.

Chicago should be vastly improved, don't forget they get Williams, their 2008 1st pick back as well.

Minnesota picked up Rosenfels who is a huge improvement over Jackson, Peterson will roll over our defense and their defense is solid while ours is still a sieve,

Green Bay I would expect, will get a huge year out of Rodgers in his second season starting and should challenge both Chicago and Minny for the Division championship. We are still way out in the cold and at least a couple of drafts behind these teams and trying to come up with wins ain't happening.