Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-10-2009, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah, next year I am going to be working out full time, everyday. I am learning to lose about 25 pounds of fat. I am 185 now but it doesn't look good because I haven't really worked out in about a year and a half. I have lost weight since I was 205 like 3 months ago.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:07 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not serious into weight lifting. I go to the gym like 5 times a week for about an hour or so and lift for about 40 minutes and run for about 20 or so. I've been doing this consistenyl for about a month and a half.I had to stop working out second semester for various stupid injuries(broken finger, a cut near my eye that didn't allow me to sweat too much, etc) so I lost all the progress I made last summer and 1st semester. I have already seen results in my overall fitness and strength.
I
My question is how to I most effectively lose my gut? I have noticed that my abs get stronger but the gut doesn't get any smaller/more toned. I am like 6'2 175, so I am not even close to fat, but I have always had this gut. I'm not expecting a six pack, but I imagine there is a way to at least flatten out my stomach a bit.

Last edited by josh07039 : 06-10-2009 at 03:15 AM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Im not serious into weight lifting. I go to the gym like 5 times a week for about an hour or so and lift for about 40 minutes and run for about 20 or so. I've been doing this consistenyl for about a month and a half.I had to stop working out second semester for various stupid injuries(broken finger, a cut near my eye that didn't allow me to sweat too much, etc) so I lost all the progress I made last summer and 1st semester. I have already seen results in my overall fitness and strength.
I
My question is how to I most effectively lose my gut? I have noticed that my abs get stronger but the gut doesn't get any smaller/more toned. I am like 6'2 175, so I am not even close to fat, but I have always had this gut. I'm not expecting a six pack, but I imagine there is a way to at least flatten out my stomach a bit.
Stomach fat everyone wants to loose it. Your abs will get stronger and grow, pushing the fat out since the muscle is underneath. Now to burn the fat there....well you can't. Your body burns fat from everywhere not just one place. So in order to loose the fat and keep the muscle your going to have to cut down your calories enough a diet so to speak, that you bodies uses the fat. But not to much that your muscle shrink. Also your going to have to do HIIT cardio (High Intensity Interval Training).

Its that or lipo.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I
Make them bigger and then lose weight.

If you want bigger muscles though remember that so much is done in the kitchen, I would say more than the gym. You can work out harder than anyone but if you don't eat like you want to add serious muscle, you won't. You can get stronger and maybe a bit toned when not eating particularly right, but not bigger.

I'm just speaking in general though, I have no clue what your diet is like.

bhaarat is right though you would need HIIT
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
That is true. Rob you are always full of great advise. I checked the label to see if it was full of crap it seemed legit though.

Also another thing to take after working out is Dextrose(sp?), Gatorade has it, i'm not sure if my Whey has it, ONS usually has everything.

One thing that is a must to drink before bed Casien.

Carbs PWO are critical and should be taken in like a 3:1 ratio to protein. I forget which sugars are better and whatnot, but I do know powdered Gatorade is way better than the pre made, so I use that.

Good thing you checked out the label, but I would still be weary. I mean, how else can you get like 1000 calories into 2 little scoops. If you have the money, go for a lot of whey/good food. But if you are poor and your main goal is strength, just eat whatever.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm in the same boat as you.

I'm 6'3 223 last time I was weighed (yesterday). And last month I was weighed in at 204 once. I've never worked out really in my life but I'm pretty active outside the house. Not sure why I've seen such an increase. Seems to all be in my gut.
I've asked for some new running shoes for the b-day. (doubt it) but regardless i'll get me some and start running, I guess.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you are getting up there in age, your metabolism could be slowing down. Or you could be eating worse if diet is something you don't pay attention to.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If you are getting up there in age, your metabolism could be slowing down. Or you could be eating worse if diet is something you don't pay attention to.
I hope age isn't already a factor. Turning 23 in a few days. But I guess my metabolism could just be slowing down a bit.

This might be stupid, but has anything been proven that if your significant other is prego, the male can sometimes gain weight with the lady?? Because it all started when we found at she was pregnant AND I piss WAY more than I used to, just in the last month. I actually wake up during the night and have to go.

Just me thinking out loud. Any of you fathers out there experience anything like this??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lift weights every other, or every three days. I do a lot of cardio the days I don't lift, but I can't do them on the same days due to a medical problem. I do shoulders, chest, and arms every time I lift. I don't mix it up.

On the other hand, I really need to lose weight. Any advice other than eating healthy and cardio?
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
I lift weights every other, or every three days. I do a lot of cardio the days I don't lift, but I can't do them on the same days due to a medical problem. I do shoulders, chest, and arms every time I lift. I don't mix it up.

On the other hand, I really need to lose weight. Any advice other than eating healthy and cardio?
Nope....especially if you are decently overweight, thats all you need to do. I guess the best advise, tho, would be to find cardio you enjoy and a healthy diet you dont mind. For me, its jump rope because you can learn new moves, etc.

As for the pregnant thing........idk, if anything its mental.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Carbs PWO are critical and should be taken in like a 3:1 ratio to protein. I forget which sugars are better and whatnot, but I do know powdered Gatorade is way better than the pre made, so I use that.

Good thing you checked out the label, but I would still be weary. I mean, how else can you get like 1000 calories into 2 little scoops. If you have the money, go for a lot of whey/good food. But if you are poor and your main goal is strength, just eat whatever.
Thats why I have my protein shake with water right after working out. Get home in 10-15 mins. Eat a potato or mashed potatoes and broccoli, sometime brown rice for a change. Then 30-45 mins after that, I eat one more time. And to cap of my night Casein.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude Cytogainer is a weight gainer. Not just pure whey protein. Look at the calories per scoop, creatine in grams, and carbs. Thats the one I took and gained like 25lbs in 2ish weeks.
25 lbs, but what was the distribution of muscle and fat would you say? I just bought some it actually, kinda pissed I didn't look at the amount of servings but oh well.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To get rid of a gut - weighted side bends and twists (use a broom stick) work real well. The twists you can do standing, seated on a pilates ball, inclined or declined (leaning forward).

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
25 lbs, but what was the distribution of muscle and fat would you say? I just bought some it actually, kinda pissed I didn't look at the amount of servings but oh well.
You'll probably gain like 5lbs of fat, right around the mid section. But that fat will go away quick, once your off of it. You just go to find the amount you want to take in of it. It took 1 scoop before working out, 3 after and then 1.5 before bed. I also was eating a good amount, but making sure it was healthy food, no cheese, and avoid fatty food. So I guess like 3500+ calories total. Just make sure to drink lots of water at all times. And since there is very little creatine, you won't see a huge drop off in muscle once your off of it.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
I hope age isn't already a factor. Turning 23 in a few days. But I guess my metabolism could just be slowing down a bit.

This might be stupid, but has anything been proven that if your significant other is prego, the male can sometimes gain weight with the lady?? Because it all started when we found at she was pregnant AND I piss WAY more than I used to, just in the last month. I actually wake up during the night and have to go.

Just me thinking out loud. Any of you fathers out there experience anything like this??
Are you thirsty all the time as well? If so you may want to get checked for diabetes. I was the same way at 23, but instead of gaining weight I lost a bunch of weight. I had my blood sugar checked and it was over 600, normal is about 80-120. Now I have an insulin pump and have to check my blood sugar 6 times a day.

No I'm not Jay Cutler :)
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'll probably gain like 5lbs of fat, right around the mid section. But that fat will go away quick, once your off of it. You just go to find the amount you want to take in of it. It took 1 scoop before working out, 3 after and then 1.5 before bed. I also was eating a good amount, but making sure it was healthy food, no cheese, and avoid fatty food. So I guess like 3500+ calories total. Just make sure to drink lots of water at all times. And since there is very little creatine, you won't see a huge drop off in muscle once your off of it.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't waste money on weight gainer.

You were using that and only put you at 3500 calories? You can easily top that by making your own shake at home and will get better results for a lot less money.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't waste money on weight gainer.

You were using that and only put you at 3500 calories? You can easily top that by making your own shake at home and will get better results for a lot less money.
Living at college, with dirty roommates its hard to make your own food and stuff. Also I don't eat fat food, or eat out. Oh and probably the biggest thing is I'm a vegetarian.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to quote any one thing because a lot of people have said it, but my diet isn't awful because I don't eat a crazy amount, but I know it isn't smart. I really eat like 2 meals a day. Lunch consists of either some form of pizza or chicken and dinner is usually some form of red meat or chicken. I don't snack a crazy amount, but I do. I'm definitely not going to start eating 6 meals a day, but I would like to incorporate healthier snacks that can be considered a small meal.

Also, everyone talks about eating the right stuff before and after working out to build muscle and have energy, what kinds of things would that be and how soon after working out?
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

ripped open a callus on DL today, ugh
Old 06-10-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not going to quote any one thing because a lot of people have said it, but my diet isn't awful because I don't eat a crazy amount, but I know it isn't smart. I really eat like 2 meals a day. Lunch consists of either some form of pizza or chicken and dinner is usually some form of red meat or chicken. I don't snack a crazy amount, but I do. I'm definitely not going to start eating 6 meals a day, but I would like to incorporate healthier snacks that can be considered a small meal.

Also, everyone talks about eating the right stuff before and after working out to build muscle and have energy, what kinds of things would that be and how soon after working out?
Peanut Butter and crackers/apples is a good mini meal.
Protein Shake with a banana.
Half of a tuna sandwhich on whole wheat.
Hummus and Pita.

Just make sure the portions are down. It may not seem like a lot but it will keep you fueled for hours. I usually give myself about 5-10 minutes after I workout to eat anything which is basically the ride home from my gym so it works out. I don't think that there's a set time but I would suggest within a half hour after your workout is complete.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Peanut Butter and crackers/apples is a good mini meal.
Protein Shake with a banana.
Half of a tuna sandwhich on whole wheat.
Hummus and Pita.

Just make sure the portions are down. It may not seem like a lot but it will keep you fueled for hours. I usually give myself about 5-10 minutes after I workout to eat anything which is basically the ride home from my gym so it works out. I don't think that there's a set time but I would suggest within a half hour after your workout is complete.
You shouldnt eat one hour before/after you work out. If you do, your body takes energy away from your gains and puts it towards digestion, which is the opposite of what you want. Unless its some sort of supplement, hold off on eating for an hour after working out to give your body time to send energy to the places you want it to, then refuel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
You shouldnt eat one hour before/after you work out. If you do, your body takes energy away from your gains and puts it towards digestion, which is the opposite of what you want. Unless its some sort of supplement, hold off on eating for an hour after working out to give your body time to send energy to the places you want it to, then refuel.
Didn't know that. Just for clarification, a Protein shake within that hour would be ok?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my workout routine is two alternating days:

Day A (in this order)
-Run 2 miles at 6:20/mile pace
-5 body bridges for 60 seconds, with 15 seconds of rest in between
-Stretching for about 10 minutes
-DB bench press, 4 sets of 8 (currently using 80lbs DBs)
-DB curls, 5 sets of 12 (currently using 30lbs DBs)
-DB lateral raise, 4 sets of 8 (currently using 25lbs DBs)
-DB seated military press, 4 sets of 8 (currently using 45 lbs DBs)
-Back extensions holding a 45lbs plate, 4 sets of 10

Day B
-Run 2 miles at 6:20/mile pace
-5 body bridges for 60 seconds, with 15 seconds of rest in between
-Stretching for about 10 minutes
-Lunges with 40lbs DBs, 4 sets of 8 on each leg
-Calf raises on machine, usually with about 200lbs, 4 sets of 8
-I hold a 45lbs plate over my head, with arms extended, and do 4 sets of 8 squats
-Back extensions holding a 45lbs plate, 4 sets of 10

I usually give myself about 20 seconds of rest between sets and 45-60 seconds or rest between each lift.

Diet:
breakfast: 3 sunny-side up organic eggs, half a wheat bagel, toasted with PB on it
lunch: turkey sandwich, with pickles, red onions, monterrey jack cheese
dinner: alternates between buffalo burgers or something else, I love making Spanish rice, too.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 06-10-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Didn't know that. Just for clarification, a Protein shake within that hour would be ok?
You should absolutely have a protein shake and some simple carbs right after WO.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone make/help me with an upper body lift and an ab work out?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote