Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-10-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I was at 16.8% body fat when I started and 172 pounds. Now I'm at 170 pounds without doing my body fat recently. I'm 6'0 so my BMI is perfect for my height. I'm trying to cut down to about 9% body fat in 3 months. It's not gonna be easy but its definitely do able. I want to get up to about 185 while doing so but I'm not going to take any weight gainers or supplements besides a multi vitamin, fish oil, and protein. I think I'll get to 9% body fat around Mid September and whatever weight I am then will dictate what I have to do to add mass.
IMO the BMI index is a load of BS. Even when I was at my biggest, I was always borderline overweight/average. But just looking at me you could tell I was overweight. But my friends who were jacked would be considered obese on it. Makes no sense how a short-heavy guy like me would be considered almost average, but normal height/musculear healthy people are considered "unhealthy by BMI.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
anybody have any goals for the summer. We could get some races going if people want to stay motivated. Personally I want to drop to 170 from 195 while losing no strength.
I want to get down to around 200 again. That is really my only goal. Only thing I am worried about is 90% of people guess I weigh around 180 lbs right now and I weigh 223. I'm going to look like a rail post if I go any lower than 200.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
so i have a bet that i can get 18 reps of 225 on bench by next spring. most ive done is 11. Is there anything specifically i should do to work on the endurance, or should i just focus on improving overall strength?
Lots of push ups if you don't do them already.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
I want to get down to around 200 again. That is really my only goal. Only thing I am worried about is 90% of people guess I weigh around 180 lbs right now and I weigh 223. I'm going to look like a rail post if I go any lower than 200.
How tall are you? Because I'm 5'8 and 210, and people think I'm 200, but for someone to be off about you wiegh by that much, you seem like you'd be tall.

Edit: Either that or its a woman, because any woman sucks at guessing things, lol.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6'2-6'3ish. So not awesomely tall but taller than most. It all hides in my gut. Ridiculous.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
6'2-6'3ish. So not awesomely tall but taller than most. It all hides in my gut. Ridiculous.
I have a friend about that tall who is 165 lbs, and he is skinny as a rail, just like you mentioned. If he got up to a healthy 180 or 185, he wouldn't look like a walking spider, so I can easily see why you don't want to lose too much.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i havnt worked out seriously since football in high school, my max in bench was 285 and squat was 450. I went to go work out about a month ago with my free membership at 24 hour fitness with a friend, and it was horrible. I might just do light weight and just work with that, instead of trying to power lift again.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
So i havnt worked out seriously since football in high school, my max in bench was 285 and squat was 450. I went to go work out about a month ago with my free membership at 24 hour fitness with a friend, and it was horrible. I might just do light weight and just work with that, instead of trying to power lift again.
I had lost a lot of upper body strength from when I played football. (It had been two years since I lifted seriously) I was able to keep my lower body/ab/back stength though, mostly because of my work, but the first time I went to do any serious lifting in my upper body, I had lost even more than I expected. I'm slowly working my upper body back up to where I was when I played, but my lower body and abs are far stronger than when I played. I'm squatting 585 right now for my max, but my bench needs some serious work, I'm only at 255. When I started up again 5 months ago, I was only doing 205, so I have seen steady improvement there. My deadlift has gone up a little bit, but nothing to write home about.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So no one works out in silence, right? What's on the playlist for your workouts?
I don't workout with an ipod... People who spend mroe time on their music than their workout annoy the hell out of me. I'm in there to get my swell on, not listen to music.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I don't workout with an ipod... People who spend mroe time on their music than their workout annoy the hell out of me. I'm in there to get my swell on, not listen to music.
I dont see too many people fiddling with their music devices where I go. Maybe they do when on the bike or something but they're still working out so it's all good. The gym has music playing in the background anyway. I just hate hearing people grunting and the sound of the treadmill. Now that annoys the hell out of me. It distracts me more than a perfect 10 on the treadmill. Just kidding, but it does distract me.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
so i have a bet that i can get 18 reps of 225 on bench by next spring. most ive done is 11. Is there anything specifically i should do to work on the endurance, or should i just focus on improving overall strength?
Buy rubber bands or if your gym has them Chains. I'm pretty sure you know what to do next. Just add those to the side of your 225 weight and start benching. For the rubber bands don't forget to weight them down at the bottom with like 50 lbs. dumbbells.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
For the rubber bands don't forget to weight them down at the bottom with like 50 lbs. dumbbells.
Or you could just use one long band that most gyms have and put it under the bench with both handles being on each side of the bar.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thrashed myself this morning for PT(physical training). Here's the workout

1/4 mile lap between every exercise

Burpies x25 (Start in the standing position then go to the squat position before kicking your legs back and doing a pushup. Then finish it up by exploding to your feet and jumping as high as you can. That's 1)

Vertical Medicine Ball throws x25 (Throw a medicine ball in the air as high as you can)

Medicine Ball Slams x25 (Starting with the ball at your chest slam it as hard as you can on the ground)

Buddy Pushups x15 on the top x15 on the bottom (one person lies on his back and holds the other person up with his hands. Both people then push out at the same time)

Tuck Jumps x25

30 lb kettlebell swings x 25

Tri lunges x25 (Lunge with the left, hop up, lunge with the right, hop up, squat)

Toe touches x25

punching bag squats x25 (you and a partner grab opposite ends of a punching bag and perform squats)

Took about 40 minutes and killed the whole body
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Today I did:
7 minutes on the sit down bike on fat burn level 6
5 minutes on 7.0 speed on the treadmill
3 sets of 15 of 60 pounds on the ab machine
3 sets of 10 Captains Chair leg raise
3 sets of 10 Captains Chair straight leg
3 sets of 20 sec (60 on the last) plank exercise
3 sets of 15 of 120 pounds on the back machine where you push back and come forward
10 more minutes on the sit down bike on random, level 10

It was an easy day, tomorrow is back and biceps.
Lat pulldown
Hammer Curls
Biceps Curls
Barbell Curls (7 waist to chest, 7 chest to chin, 7 full and I do 3 sets of all them. Those 3 done is considered one set)

What other workout should I do for back and biceps?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seated rows.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am 6'1 165 and I am 14 years old I only bench around my own weight if not less, how can I work on my chest strength obviously other than only using the bench press.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I am 6'1 165 and I am 14 years old I only bench around my own weight if not less, how can I work on my chest strength obviously other than only using the bench press.
Definitely push ups.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Definitely push ups.
Because I definitely lack upper body strength, I need to work on it, how many should I try to do each day, or per set etc.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
its mostly triceps anyway.

regardless, check this out:

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...2A5CD30F.hydra

And anyone looking for a routine should read this 1st to avoid redundancy here imo:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/s-...e-read-436935/

Maybe we can post that link on the first post because it has a wealth of good info.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Seated rows.
Yes. And deadlifts.

they get smoked.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does everyone do there bench press? Whats the proper form? See I heard it was keep your elbows in, instead of flexing them out. The reason was when you push someone to you have your elbows out to the side, or do you keep them in and push someone.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
How does everyone do there bench press? Whats the proper form? See I heard it was keep your elbows in, instead of flexing them out. The reason was when you push someone to you have your elbows out to the side, or do you keep them in and push someone.
check out the article I posted for Malaka, the first one. I really try to follow that.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Because I definitely lack upper body strength, I need to work on it, how many should I try to do each day, or per set etc.
I'm really not sure since it depends on the person. Go with 3 sets of 20/20/ Failure. Then try to do some chair pushups or elevated push ups.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

anyone care for a race to losing 10 pounds as it seems a lot of us are cutting........it is helpful in squeezing out a little extra cardio haha
Old 06-10-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone here ever heard of Air Alert? My friend has been doing it and he says i has been working really well. I'm thinking about picking it up cuz I'll have a ******** of time to kill over the summer and will have nothing better to do

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote