Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
You're way wrong with him. He is an absolute stud in the run game and is pretty good in the pass game, but cant break the starting rotation because of the people in front of him. He had Shawn Andrews in front of him and now Stacy. He is probably going to see a lot of time next year with Stacy's major injury last season.
I hope you're right I was a huge MJG fan. I also forget he was a fifth rounder. I was always saying "The Lions HAVE to take him in the third."

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
EricCartmann
Rookie

EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Easily Mike Williams (USC). On draft day I though he should have been #1 overall. He was unbelievable in college and there was no reason to think his pro career would not be the same. Though he only played 1 year of college he made the most of that year. Showed he had velcro for hands, ran excellent routes, and always created separation and ended up with the ball. I thought his body would fill in and he would be another TO only more dominating.

Last edited by EricCartmann : 06-13-2009 at 10:54 AM.
EricCartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's easy to just start listing off Lions draft picks from the last decade but one of my biggest disappointments was Teddy Lehman, I liked him a lot coming into that draft even before the Lions took him, and you can't just say injuries were his downfall either, he had times on the field when he was healthy and just never showed a lot.

Kellen Winslow just seemed like the ultimate weapon and again, you can blame injuries but at the same time he's had times when he's been healthy and shown great flashes of brilliance but has never been what he seemed like he would be.

I loved Cadillac Williams and Laurence Maroney too. I hope both of them could still have a chance to break out but it seems unlikely.
Calvin & Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated Mike Williams as a prospect, and I really tended to look at the offensive players during the Leinart/Bush era as overrated.

That said, I loved Winston Justice. Back in '06 I hoped the Jets would take Cutler at 4, and draft Justice with our 29. I'm happy we have D'Brick, one of the most underrated OL-men in the league right now.

Others:

Alan Branch

Michael Huff

Brian Leonard - He was obviously overrated, but I didn't think he'd be outright meh.

Kamerion Wimbley - Hopefully he can find himself under The Tyrant in Cleveland. I doubt it, as The Tyrant tends to drag his players down with processes.

Laurence Maroney

Brodie Croyle - The injuries and his size/build were an issue, but still I like him alot.

Barry Cofield - Not a bust really, as he's been pretty solid. Big, athletic DT that I thought could/should have been drafted as a 3-4 DE. If the Giants let him go, I hope the Jets jump on him. I'm not sure that they will, but it's possible.

Antrel Rolle - I thought he'd be an awesome corner. He's still a very useful player, but yea...

Dan Cody

Kelley Washington

William Joseph
Old 06-12-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definately Michael Huff...I thought he would be awesome.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I started paying attention to prospects:
Matt Leinart
Reggie Bush
Sinorce Moss
Chad Jackson
Brian Calhoun
Brodie Croyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
I hated Mike Williams as a prospect, and I really tended to look at the offensive players during the Leinart/Bush era as overrated.

That said, I loved Winston Justice. Back in '06 I hoped the Jets would take Cutler at 4, and draft Justice with our 29. I'm happy we have D'Brick, one of the most underrated OL-men in the league right now.

Others:

Alan Branch

Michael Huff

Brian Leonard - He was obviously overrated, but I didn't think he'd be outright meh.

Kamerion Wimbley - Hopefully he can find himself under The Tyrant in Cleveland. I doubt it, as The Tyrant tends to drag his players down with processes.

Laurence Maroney

Brodie Croyle - The injuries and his size/build were an issue, but still I like him alot.

Barry Cofield - Not a bust really, as he's been pretty solid. Big, athletic DT that I thought could/should have been drafted as a 3-4 DE. If the Giants let him go, I hope the Jets jump on him. I'm not sure that they will, but it's possible.

Antrel Rolle - I thought he'd be an awesome corner. He's still a very useful player, but yea...

Dan Cody

Kelley Washington

William Joseph
Wow, that's a whole load of terrible players. Kudos for spotting that nonsense.

If I had a top10 pick, I'd be a little upset to end up with Rolle.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

laurence maroney is good
when healthy

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
TOMMY BLAKE!!!
aw, c'mon, why hate tommy blake... he never played a down in the nfl to suck.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:58 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

i loved tommy blake.

before he went crazy and gained 300 pounds

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
Old 06-13-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, has to be Vince Young. I just don't see his career over yet though

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Huff
Derrick Johnson
Peter Warrick

and

Akili Smith :(

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot about Peter Warrick...he was awesome.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Derrick Johnson
The KC LB? What's wrong with him?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

Derrick Johnson's dirty.
if you don't think so, you suck

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
Old 06-13-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
Derrick Johnson's dirty.
if you don't think so, you suck
I continued the Derrick Johnson conversation in another thread, so check it out and vote.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34188
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
The KC LB? What's wrong with him?

Nothings "wrong".
Coming out of college I thought he was to going to be the next great thing.
He's turned out to be a solid starter but not much else, IMO of course.
I really thought he was going to be a highlight reel and Pro Bowler for the majority of his career.
He's not bad... but not great.

His name might look odd in my list with all those bust.
I wouldn't call him a bust but I expected a whole lot more from him.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Omar Jacobs was going to be the cat's meow. Another miss was me thinking Jeremy Bloom would be a decent slot receiver and kick returner. I thought Charles Gordon/Will Blackmon were going to be shut down guys and neither has really gotten past the dime/nickel spot on a depth chart yet.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeremy Bloom, I thought he could've been the next great white hope at returner.

Stanley McClover had big time opportunity but never caught on, which is a shame because I loved his speed.

Eric Shelton, big mean SOB who made his highlight tape running through rather than around defenders, came to the NFL and was a lazy slob who couldn't get on the field, then when he did he was slow and out of shape.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I thought Omar Jacobs was going to be the cat's meow. Another miss was me thinking Jeremy Bloom would be a decent slot receiver and kick returner. I thought Charles Gordon/Will Blackmon were going to be shut down guys and neither has really gotten past the dime/nickel spot on a depth chart yet.

I forgot about Omar Jacobs. I thought he was the truth!

Old 06-13-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

Eric Shelton is only 25
Hoping for the best

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
Old 06-13-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Yeah I really liked him too.

In a few years, when Brady hangs up his cleats, look out for that other kid from SDS
Kevin O'Connell!
Old 06-13-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, also thought Tyrone Calico was going to be a burner of a receiver, possible #1 type that failed horribly.

Loved Ben Troupe as well, though he was always injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Either suck or aren't as good as I thought they'd be:

Robert Gallery
Matt Leinert
D'Brickishaw Ferguson
Adam Carricker (Probably too early to say this, but I thought he was gonna be a straight up stud. Too bad he didn't go to a 3-4 team.)
Derrick Johnson
Most underrated LT in this league.

It's a complete joke how this guy gets ignored despite starting every game since his rookie year and only gotten bigger and better every year.