Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-22-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it doesnt hurt you should be able to keep lifting. Once it hurts tho, better to stop and let it heal completely. In terms of actually healing it, ice is always good. Heat can help as well.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
yeah, about that:
what about it? Its basically mixing cardio and weight lifting. Its one of the many options to lose weight(fat) without loosing to much muscle mass.

Also as you saw it helps with endurance.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
what about it? Its basically mixing cardio and weight lifting. Its one of the many options to lose weight(fat) without loosing to much muscle mass.

Also as you saw it helps with endurance.
I was just pointing out how god damn hard they are and thats the craziest one I've ever seen. 20 minutes is rough but one hour?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If it doesnt hurt you should be able to keep lifting. Once it hurts tho, better to stop and let it heal completely. In terms of actually healing it, ice is always good. Heat can help as well.
I can walk and jog fine (hurts but not that much). I tried doing another sprint after I first hurt it, but that was a no go.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Is that Jeff Garcia?
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I can walk and jog fine (hurts but not that much). I tried doing another sprint after I first hurt it, but that was a no go.
I would just lightly jog some then. It is some good active recovery. Dont push it too hard, but just moping around is no good either.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably put on some fake icy hot or something tomorrow. There should be some in the trainers office.

Right now I am contemplating whether or not I should make an ice bath in my bath tub or just ice my hammy.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

ice baths are effective, but they absolutely suck.

Not quite as bad as contrast showers, but still horrendous none the less.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love the people that will order everything on the menu that is fating, and then add oh I would like a extra large diet coke.

Come on really diet coke...you think thats gonna help you cut out all those other calories of fat you are about to eat.
They could have diabetes. My girlfriend has diabetes and will order a diet coke because the regular kind will raise her blood sugar.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
They could have diabetes. My girlfriend has diabetes and will order a diet coke because the regular kind will raise her blood sugar.
If you have diabetics you shouldn't be eating fatty, high cholesterol, or salty foods. They're arguably worse for a diabetic in the long run. Diet pop isn't good for diabetics to drink either, they should stick to agua.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't worked out in like a week, and I've let my diet go. Yet I've lost 3 lbs and my stomach looks the best it has in a while. Someone explain.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
I haven't worked out in like a week, and I've let my diet go. Yet I've lost 3 lbs and my stomach looks the best it has in a while. Someone explain.
Taking a week off isn't going to noticeably change your physic right away. In fact, if you begin to plateau in your workout it's not a bad idea to take a week off, then hit it hard again.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Has anyone ever tried that P90X infomercial? Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.

they get smoked.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i tried it for a week my sister had it from her boyfriend and it killed me.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Has anyone ever tried that P90X infomercial? Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.
I use P90X and it has gotten me ******* RIPPED. No joke, I have an eight pack and my chest/biceps are getting big. I've been doing it for 5 weeks so far after having abdominal surgery and being the thinnest/weakest I've ever been. I've done the standard gym route for 2-3 years with no results and I had about given up.. but this thing is awesome.

It WILL kick the CRAP out of you, though. Exercises are an hour to hour and a half every day if you follow it strictly and they are all INTENSE.

Seriously good program. It's centered around push-ups/pull-ups/abdominal exercises with some standard dumbbell exercises thrown in. A++ program for the upper body. Not the best if you really want to buff up your lower body, though, as you need heavy weight squats and leg presses for that. I mix in running with my weight exercises and I find that gives me a terrific balance of leg and upper body strength. I naturally have a strong/large lower body, though, so I don't need to worry about bulking that up.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:28 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
indeed.

i used to ride about 60-100 miles a day in SA. mountains! ZOOM ZOOM up.

sprinting requires a different body type, just like running. distance runners are lean and efficient. sprinting and track cyclists tend to be muscle, and lots of it.

i.e. theo bos

the rest are basically any sized... the neat part is about cycling, you can be whatever shape, and still be competitive.
My friends will ride that much as well. They race at the Velodrome in Trexlertown, which is less than 10 minutes from us, and apparently is one of the top ones in the country, as there are people from everywhere who race there. Texas, California, Florida, even Brazil and a bunch of European countries. Its pretty easy to tell the style of riders, mostly by their size/shape and what gears they use. It is funny, because I can tell the difference between the distance/ sprinters in track, as there are even differences there as well. My friends also compete in road racing as well, and will probably be leaving soon for the national competitions, which start at the end of June/Early July IIRC. Both of them compete both in track and in the road courses. Both are very good, but my one firend, she has won a bunch of the national competitions and the overall competitions in pretty much every age bracket. She had to take a break for a while from training last year in September because she got sick (doctors thought she had lymes disease), and for whatever reason, her knees got real sore and she needed to rest. But she is training again, and I think both her and her brother will be competing whenever the competitions are.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

P 90X is good for cardio/endurance, but meh for max strength training. But, you can easily design a routine of any level on your own, so why pay for one? If you have the willpower to stick with a plan, just design your own and it will be just as good as p90X or better.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
JLaw45
Rookie

JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I'll probably put on some fake icy hot or something tomorrow. There should be some in the trainers office.

Right now I am contemplating whether or not I should make an ice bath in my bath tub or just ice my hammy.
I pulled my hammy two weeks ago trying to run a 40. Just ice it wth an ice pack(20 minutes on, 20 minutes off) for about a week. I was good in about 7 days or so after the incident just doing this.
JLaw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was at the gym the other day and got approached by a PT. He says he would like to work with me. So I meet with him today to go over goals and the guy's name is Andre Washington. Tells me he was an all american linebacker at Georgia back in the early 90s.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
So I was at the gym the other day and got approached by a PT. He says he would like to work with me. So I meet with him today to go over goals and the guy's name is Andre Washington. Tells me he was an all american linebacker at Georgia back in the early 90s.
Did you google him and then ask what happened to the NFL and your college education?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I looked him up but could not find anything. He said injuries was a problem.

He looks like Mike Tyson.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you google him and then ask what happened to the NFL and your college education?
Any good PT now a days will have a college degree
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Any good PT now a days will have a college degree
really? I took a weight lifting class in college, he was going for his masters in physical therapy or something, he said all you need to do is read a few books and pass a test to be PT. He said he needed some extra money so he was going to do PT in the summer.

But he always was going to intern at Velocity Sports training in Arizona. So I guess it depends where your PT.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
really? I took a weight lifting class in college, he was going for his masters in physical therapy or something, he said all you need to do is read a few books and pass a test to be PT. He said he needed some extra money so he was going to do PT in the summer.

But he always was going to intern at Velocity Sports training in Arizona. So I guess it depends where your PT.
Yeah a crappy PT at a local gym doesn't need a degree but a lot of them are now needing degrees in Nutrition or Kinesiology(sp?)
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Key word was any good PT... But I don't buy that necessarily. There are plenty of professions where you can be very successful without a college degree, though a degree will certainly help in these days. But just because you don't have a degree, doesn't mean you aren't good at what you do.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote