Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 06-25-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I give Sims one more year. After that, talent doesn't trump running around like you've got your head up your ass.
Well when you are the only one in the back 7 that can tackle, you have to do some head ass running. Actually Bullocks was ok but needs work. Peterson,Foote,hopefully Delmas based on his scouting and Bullocks staying at least ok should help big time back there. I don't think I've ever seen so many solid tacklers at the LBs and Safeties for Detroit.

Can't teach speed like Sims has. You can give him one more year, but he's got 2 years left on his rookie deal. So he's got 2 years and hopefully he does enough to be worthy of resigned in the next 2 years.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Well when you are the only one in the back 7 that can tackle, you have to do some head ass running. Actually Bullocks was ok but needs work. Peterson,Foote,hopefully Delmas based on his scouting and Bullocks staying at least ok should help big time back there. I don't think I've ever seen so many solid tacklers at the LBs and Safeties for Detroit.

Can't teach speed like Sims has. You can give him one more year, but he's got 2 years left on his rookie deal. So he's got 2 years and hopefully he does enough to be worthy of resigned in the next 2 years.
And yet he still misses far too many tackles. Trying to do too much ends up hurting the team just as much as the horrid players because he seems to be incapable of playing within the damn defense. We got killed by cutback runs last year while Ernie was having a party on the wrong side of the field.

He has two more years on his rookie deal, but I'm personally done with him after this year if he doesn't step up and learn that playing within the scheme is more important than just running around. You can't teach speed, but so far no one's been able to teach Sims how to play his damn position either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Sims much more as a compliment to a defense then someone that gets focused on. I think the additions of Foote and Peterson will help out his play. Going 0-16 has it's psychological affect on players. Honestly I don't think he will cost that much. I think he gets a contract around what Briggs got, but a bit under because he's done less in his career and Briggs signed for something very reasonable.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We traded Alexander for Dennis Northcutt. Another WR, the coaching staff must not like what they see yet.

Also A article about Bullocks is up on detroitlions.com, he looks bigger, hopefully he will stay healthy.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

another feel good story. basically schwartz took the top 3 picks to dearborn to meet some workers and stay grounded.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...rit--character

Quote:
Schwartz has broken down barriers simply because he is a Lions coach.
He broke down more when he saw workers wearing Ford F-150 truck caps. He mentioned that he owns a 1994 F-150 with more than 200,000 miles. A small admission like that got the conversation going and drew a lot of smiles.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:35 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
another feel good story. basically schwartz took the top 3 picks to dearborn to meet some workers and stay grounded.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...rit--character
Good article. I'm surprised, as Terry Foster is about the worst writer out there. I guess every squirrel really does find a nut once in awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote