Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
That's why I said we could add another low-mid number contract to make it match. Add Bass who probably wants the MLE with a contract like Matt Carroll who will be making 4.7mill next season.
It would be near impossioble from Orlando's stand point. They dont plan on adding Hedo so it's not like they could pull off a deal that would match salaries. Because, we cant take on all the additional funds. We're already near the luxury tax threshold. So adding multiple contracts at about $5 million per wouldnt be too wise.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-28-2009 at 01:21 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I don't know if Cleveland has enough ammo to get Randolph.
I doubt LAC has a high price on ZBo. They just drafted Blake Griffin anyways. I bet Zydrunas and Breast Gibson could do the trick.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Cavs managed to bring in someone like Randolph, I'd officially be scared.

Mo Williams/West/LeBron/Randolph/The Shaqtus is a nasty lineup, and all of their skills play off of eachother.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
If the Cavs managed to bring in someone like Randolph, I'd officially be scared.

Mo Williams/West/LeBron/Randolph/The Shaqtus is a nasty lineup, and all of their skills play off of eachother.
I still think they won't be giving him up for a bag of peanuts. I mean, If they offered the big Z, he still would be an expensive backup, and they would probably have to move Camby (which I hear they are trying hard to do). Thing is, Gibson has a long contract, with a contract that goes up a bit, and he plays a position that is locked down right now. He still would be a good backup to have. The Clippers would probably want a player to play the wing however, so idk how you accommodate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:52 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I still think they won't be giving him up for a bag of peanuts. I mean, If they offered the big Z, he still would be an expensive backup, and they would probably have to move Camby (which I hear they are trying hard to do). Thing is, Gibson has a long contract, with a contract that goes up a bit, and he plays a position that is locked down right now. He still would be a good backup to have. The Clippers would probably want a player to play the wing however, so idk how you accommodate that.
He'd be an expiring contract though.. His and Camby's combined would add up to about $19 Million expiring after this year.. and it would also save them Randolph's $17 million salary in 2011.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:14 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprising because, it's been rumored for a while. But Portland is expected to go after Hedo hard this week. And they may have a sign and trade deal on the table for Andre Miller. That's quite the offseason, right there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-29-2009, 07:09 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm way behind on my sports news, but I did hear about the Vince Carter trade! Woo!

Losing Lee kinda hurts, but gaining VC feels so good right now. Took me a little while to fall in love with Lee, so the pain isn't as excruciating for me as it is for a guy like MOTH who's loved him from the get go. Lee is going to be a good player in this league. I could even see him becoming an All-Star. But VC is a major upgrade "now". I really feel like we made the right move there. I've gained so much more respect for Otis this past year. I've had my fair share of criticism of him in the past, but this makes me turn a new leaf with him. Things really are looking positive.

The dynamics of this team have changed so much, but I like them. I think Otis has made the right kind of tweaks. As bright as Lee's potential showed, Vince can be a leader and carry this team. What has been painfully apparent is the lack of a go to scorer "with the ball in his hands". Lewis is a great scorer when someone passes him the ball. Howard is still not a "go to" scorer. Hedo was valiant, and filled the role as best as he could, but he's tried for at least 2 years in a row now and we've see his limitations. SVG said it best, "I think that two things that Vince brings to the table from an offensive standpoint that we really didn’t have before is, we really didn’t have a guy who you could give him the ball up top, on the wing, at the elbow, one-on-one and go get a shot or draw a second defender. We had to do it out of pick-and-rolls or out of post-ups. I think with Vince, you can give him the ball anywhere on the floor and he can isolate and create a shot either for himself or a teammate on his own." Vince is a legit go to guy and should be more successful than ever with the most talent he's ever had around him in the comforts of his hometown.

Ryan Anderson is no shoe-in either imo. I like his combination of skills. His 3pt shot has translated from college to the pros. He'll be another very good player off the bench and provide more spacing in the post for Dwight. And we did lose a young guy with nice potential in Lee, but Anderson has some nice potential to see if he can materialize. What we have that we didn't have before was when Rashard went to the bench we never had a guy who could step in and have the same range as Lewis from the 4 position and now we do. That'll mean having to make less adjustments and maintain more consistency in the flow of the game even when different personnel are on the floor.

And now with the rumors of Brandon Bass and Rasheed... are you kidding me? This is a fun time to be a Magic fan. Personally, I'm really pulling for Bass. I've said before how much of a fan I've become of his game. He's a scrapper and can come up big when you need that extra little something.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:34 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is Bass doesn't really stretch the floor. His mid range shot is pretty decent but all of his damage done is scrapping inside. I don't think playing him alongside Dwight Howard is good for floor spacing which your entire scoring load is dependent upon. Also he doesn't really have the size to sub in for Dwight at the 5. I think Bass can be a very good role player for a lot of teams, just not the Magic. You guys will probably lose Gortat so you do need a backup center. I do think that Gortat is being way overvalued for being Howard's backup and is going to get a big contract and blow it. He's a good rotational big man but there are teams who will give him starter money and expect him to play at a high starting level. It's funny because he's a far superior player, but the Magic could probably bring back Zaza Pachulia to back up Howard for cheaper than Gortat. I think if you could land Sheed to a 2-3 year year deal you have to be favored to get back to the finals. On a pure basketball standpoint he brings so much as far as floor spacing, rebounding, and most importantly post defense and underrated passing. Still though it's an extremely risky signing because you have to consider age, consistency, and team chemistry. I think Mikki Moore or Johan Petro could be an under the radar signing for you guys. They wouldn't give you anything in terms of offense but they give nice length and defense off the bench. The only downfall of the Magic could be their total lack of bench scoring.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:12 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ah! He can't be the Big Shaqtus anymore...he's not in the desert anymore! He needs a uniquely Cleveland nickname...perhaps, the Shaq and Roll hall of fame? (he's never been one for brevity anyway)
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The problem is Bass doesn't really stretch the floor. His mid range shot is pretty decent but all of his damage done is scrapping inside. I don't think playing him alongside Dwight Howard is good for floor spacing which your entire scoring load is dependent upon. Also he doesn't really have the size to sub in for Dwight at the 5. I think Bass can be a very good role player for a lot of teams, just not the Magic. You guys will probably lose Gortat so you do need a backup center. I do think that Gortat is being way overvalued for being Howard's backup and is going to get a big contract and blow it. He's a good rotational big man but there are teams who will give him starter money and expect him to play at a high starting level. It's funny because he's a far superior player, but the Magic could probably bring back Zaza Pachulia to back up Howard for cheaper than Gortat. I think if you could land Sheed to a 2-3 year year deal you have to be favored to get back to the finals. On a pure basketball standpoint he brings so much as far as floor spacing, rebounding, and most importantly post defense and underrated passing. Still though it's an extremely risky signing because you have to consider age, consistency, and team chemistry. I think Mikki Moore or Johan Petro could be an under the radar signing for you guys. They wouldn't give you anything in terms of offense but they give nice length and defense off the bench. The only downfall of the Magic could be their total lack of bench scoring.
I get your point, and no doubt Rasheed and his versatile skills are a good fit, but the Magic don't have anyone like Bass and I think the need more muscle. ...and they may end up with both. But as far as Bass' fit.. They tried playing Gortat and Howard on the floor together at times to try and match up with bigger front courts and I'm going to assume that's something they will have in mind in addressing their front court depth in FA. With Gortat being a RFA, I still haven't written him off just yet though. I want to see really what kind of market value he has dollar wise.

I'm really interested to see how the bench shapes up. Pietrus may still come off the bench or he may find a spot as a starter. I think he'll probably be our 6th man. I like the Anderson pick up. Redick doesn't do much for me anymore, but he's knows the system. Anthony Johnson at the point means we definitely need another body at the point.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I get your point, and no doubt Rasheed and his versatile skills are a good fit, but the Magic don't have anyone like Bass and I think the need more muscle. ...and they may end up with both. But as far as Bass' fit.. They tried playing Gortat and Howard on the floor together at times to try and match up with bigger front courts and I'm going to assume that's something they will have in mind in addressing their front court depth in FA. With Gortat being a RFA, I still haven't written him off just yet though. I want to see really what kind of market value he has dollar wise.

I'm really interested to see how the bench shapes up. Pietrus may still come off the bench or he may find a spot as a starter. I think he'll probably be our 6th man. I like the Anderson pick up. Redick doesn't do much for me anymore, but he's knows the system. Anthony Johnson at the point means we definitely need another body at the point.
I think we need to pick up a solid combo guard who can log heavy minutes behind both Nelson and Carter and keep the team playing at a winning level when one of those two are taking a breather on the bench.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
He'd be an expiring contract though.. His and Camby's combined would add up to about $19 Million expiring after this year.. and it would also save them Randolph's $17 million salary in 2011.
It would, but you would be carrying Camby, Z and Kaman all at the same position? They have to move someone. I could see it if it involved a third team, makes it more likely imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think we need to pick up a solid combo guard who can log heavy minutes behind both Nelson and Carter and keep the team playing at a winning level when one of those two are taking a breather on the bench.
We need a lot considering we have like 8 guys on the roster. LOL.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Our bench should look terrible. Especially if we fail to land one of those PFs, and start Pietrus. Makes me a tad nervous. What many thought was a weakness, became a strength for us last season w/ our bench help. Lots of cheapies on the bench this year, most likely. We dont even have a heftier contract to move now, to bring in a couple established enough bench players via trade. We should just bring a bunch of old magic players back for the minimum. haha. Where is Troy Hudson and Pat Garrity? :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-29-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Ricky Rubio was reportedly in Minnesota this weekend to meet with Wolves GM David Kahn, whose decision to draft the Spanish guard is looking better by the minute. Mitch Lawrence in Sunday's Daily News reported that the Wolves turned down a deal with the Houston Rockets that would have resulted in Aaron Brooks and Shane Battier headed to Minnesota for Rubio. If the Wolves are receiving those types of offers—Brooks and Battier were starters on a playoff team - do the Knicks really have much of a chance to get Rubio? Donnie Walsh is offering Wilson Chandler but that's not going to get it down. Walsh originally offered Chandler to Washington to get the fifth pick last week. New York Daily News

If the Wolves get an offer better than Aaron Brooks and Battier for Rubio, that would be great. Brooks is better than Rubio if you ask me.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

edit...I wasnt even thinking. Yeah, that deal wouldnt really suffice. Brooks is another tiny PG. You cant play him or Flynn at the 2. Battier on the other hand wouldnt score enough at the 2 and would slow the progress of their young 3s if he were to start over them. From an actual talent stand point...it would be a good return but, still doesnt help them any.

I wonder if they would turn down a deal for Stuckey plus? Like we were throwing around the other day.

On Houston's end, pretty interesting that they're trying real hard to move Brooks. This wasnt the only proposal he was involved in.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-29-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Ricky Rubio was reportedly in Minnesota this weekend to meet with Wolves GM David Kahn, whose decision to draft the Spanish guard is looking better by the minute. Mitch Lawrence in Sunday's Daily News reported that the Wolves turned down a deal with the Houston Rockets that would have resulted in Aaron Brooks and Shane Battier headed to Minnesota for Rubio. If the Wolves are receiving those types of offers—Brooks and Battier were starters on a playoff team - do the Knicks really have much of a chance to get Rubio? Donnie Walsh is offering Wilson Chandler but that's not going to get it down. Walsh originally offered Chandler to Washington to get the fifth pick last week. New York Daily News

If the Wolves get an offer better than Aaron Brooks and Battier for Rubio, that would be great. Brooks is better than Rubio if you ask me.
we offered Wilson Chandler and Hughes and Washington agreed but Donnie pulled out at the last minute so they took the t-wolves deal
Old 06-29-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wolves turned down Jordan Hill and Wilson Chandler? Kahn is a dumbass, he's got some balls but he's stupid. Wilson Chandler is a really talented player who already is producing and Jordan Hill is a damn good forward prospect.

I understand the potential Rubio has but I find it very unlikely he'll ever get there because he needs a shot, and his shot right now is terrible and his defense may be even worse than his shot.

The Knicks were stupid for offering the trade and the Wolves were stupid not to take it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Anyone else see this?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
That sucks, considering he's 7'6 this seems like a problem that will stick with him no matter how it heals, but I wasn't expecting him to miss the entire next year.

Houston needs to clean house, but that's terrible news about Yao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That sucks, considering he's 7'6 this seems like a problem that will stick with him no matter how it heals, but I wasn't expecting him to miss the entire next year.

Houston needs to clean house, but that's terrible news about Yao.
i think Yao's career is about over. If he comes back from this foot injury he'll never be 100%.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
The Wolves turned down Jordan Hill and Wilson Chandler? Kahn is a dumbass, he's got some balls but he's stupid. Wilson Chandler is a really talented player who already is producing and Jordan Hill is a damn good forward prospect.

I understand the potential Rubio has but I find it very unlikely he'll ever get there because he needs a shot, and his shot right now is terrible and his defense may be even worse than his shot.

The Knicks were stupid for offering the trade and the Wolves were stupid not to take it.

Jordan Hill doesn't really do anything for us. Love and Jefferson will be manning the middle for many years to come. Chandler is nice but I like the Houston deal better although that's not right either, as MOTH said neither one of Flynn or Brooks can play off guard and that's what we need.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rubio isn't going anywhere. Rubio will stay overseas 2-3 years more and that's when the Wolves will deal with it. After that period they will either try to convince him to play for them or try to trade him for a kings ransom. Rubio will make serious dough by staying overseas as well as avoiding having to pay his own buyout which right now he needs to pay 3 mil out of his own pocket.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Rubio isn't going anywhere. Rubio will stay overseas 2-3 years more and that's when the Wolves will deal with it. After that period they will either try to convince him to play for them or try to trade him for a kings ransom. Rubio will make serious dough by staying overseas as well as avoiding having to pay his own buyout which right now he needs to pay 3 mil out of his own pocket.
Honest question.... Is Rubio's command of the English language good?

I don't understand the direction the Rockets are going. They know Yao is messed up. Their best bet is building around Brooks and Artest. Why offer up Brooks in ANY trade? Rubio wishes he had Brooks' shot.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4295423

Bucks don't offer Villanueva. Where do you think he ends up?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote