Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4295423

Bucks don't offer Villanueva. Where do you think he ends up?
Go get him, Magic.

I will feel much more secure in our future (both short and long term, considering he'll be just 25 this summer) if we can lock him up. He'd be perfect: He's an .800 free throw shooter, can hit a three, grabs his share of rebounds and his usage rate on offense (the percentage of possessions in which he either scores or logs an assist) is outstanding.

Not to mention that if you project his statistics last year to 40 minutes, he would have been a (theoretical) 24/10 player.

Last edited by JT Jag : 06-29-2009 at 05:17 PM.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4295423

Bucks don't offer Villanueva. Where do you think he ends up?
God Milwaukee is dumb. Oh and he's absolutely 100 percent going to Cleveland.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 06-29-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It makes too much sense for him not to go to Cleveland

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is an above average player but he isnt going to drastically alter any teams chances at a championship
Old 06-29-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he fits great in Cleveland. Pretty good outside game for a 4, he can stretch the floor to let Shaq work inside.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Honest question.... Is Rubio's command of the English language good?

I don't understand the direction the Rockets are going. They know Yao is messed up. Their best bet is building around Brooks and Artest. Why offer up Brooks in ANY trade? Rubio wishes he had Brooks' shot.
Because unlike you, GMs aren't biased agianst him and most believe that he will be a star

and yes he speaks pretty good english, i assume he understands it better than he speaks it as that is generally the case

Last edited by fenikz : 06-29-2009 at 05:43 PM.
fenikz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This offseason is like a boxing match between the Cavs and Magic all over again.

First Shaq to CLE... then VC to ORL... now CV to CLE as a lock?... then what Sheed/Bass to ORL? Cavs are already at $74M. Where is the rest of the Eastern Conference? Somebody stop the madness!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jordan Hill doesn't really do anything for us.
I'm sorry, I didn't know you guys had such great depth on the front line and small forward position. Didn't you just lose your best SF to Washington?

Chandler can help you right now with his scoring ability and size, and although Jordan Hill may not be a great rookie, he's going to be more helpful to you than Rubio is right now. I really don't like Rubio so I am biased on this deal but I think that New York deal would have been very good.

Has Houston made a formal offer yet? You had one from New York and balked because your GM thought he could get better. Dumb, dumb, dumb. It may end up working out with another team but I just think Kahn is an idiot for passing up that deal.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This offseason is like a boxing match between the Cavs and Magic all over again.

First Shaq to CLE... then VC to ORL... now CV to CLE as a lock?... then what Sheed/Bass to ORL? Cavs are already at $74M. Where is the rest of the Eastern Conference? Somebody stop the madness!
And neither one will make the Finals next year if they continue to do so...wait wut?

:D

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Location: only gangstas read this. congratulations on being gangsta.
StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

The now legendary Jennings/Budden conversation.
WARNING. NSFW. AT ALL.

Personally, I have always loved jennings, and this just solidified it. He has that swag that is always there. I'm tired of that everyone's favorite four letter sports network tries to portray athletes as real, yet once they are who they are, they cast them as selfish, brash kids who can't handle the celebrity. I like that Jennings is always Jennings, he doesnt act to like someone who he isn't. As much as that antagonizes him, it creates fans who are die hards for him.
StackJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston offered Brooks and Battier...also rejected. According to ESPN news.

But he is right in saying they dont need Jordan Hill. With their front court already in place. Trading Rubio for what would essentially be depth and an over abundance of PFs? Fail. Chandler could work but, lets not forget about Gomes and Brewer. You may not like either but, they seem to like what they have at the position. Someone would need to pony up a SG...and that may not even get it done, seems like Kahn has no interest in moving him, for real.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Kahn's ******* ******** (sorry if that offends anyone).

Quote:
Old 06-29-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any chance the Magic go after Villanueva?

Now I kinda wish we never just traded for Carter and just signed Villanueva instead!

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't know you guys had such great depth on the front line and small forward position. Didn't you just lose your best SF to Washington?

Chandler can help you right now with his scoring ability and size, and although Jordan Hill may not be a great rookie, he's going to be more helpful to you than Rubio is right now. I really don't like Rubio so I am biased on this deal but I think that New York deal would have been very good.

Has Houston made a formal offer yet? You had one from New York and balked because your GM thought he could get better. Dumb, dumb, dumb. It may end up working out with another team but I just think Kahn is an idiot for passing up that deal.
You want a guy who will be our backup PF in exchange for the #5 pick? Craig Smith is just fine as a backup PF. By the way Mike Miller was worthless last year, Ryan Gomes played just as well in that spot.

But looking around a little bit I saw that we turned down the #8 pick + Chandler for Rubio. I don't have a link but that is a deal I definitely would have done. Take Flynn at 6 and then grab Derozan or T-Will at 8.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Is there any chance the Magic go after Villanueva?

Now I kinda wish we never just traded for Carter and just signed Villanueva instead!
As a 3rd or the 4th fall back option, perhaps. They'll be making offers to Wallace and Bass as soon as FA starts so, they're hoping for one of the two.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-29-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Even though Barbosa played great last year if we could swap him for Rubio, I would do it in a second
Old 06-29-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
As a 3rd or the 4th fall back option, perhaps. They'll be making offers to Wallace and Bass as soon as FA starts so, they're hoping for one of the two.
Why as a fall-back? Wallace is old, Bass doesn't have range, and Villanueva is probably the most athletic of the three.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackJaxx View Post
The now legendary Jennings/Budden conversation.
WARNING. NSFW. AT ALL.

Personally, I have always loved jennings, and this just solidified it. He has that swag that is always there. I'm tired of that everyone's favorite four letter sports network tries to portray athletes as real, yet once they are who they are, they cast them as selfish, brash kids who can't handle the celebrity. I like that Jennings is always Jennings, he doesnt act to like someone who he isn't. As much as that antagonizes him, it creates fans who are die hards for him.
LMFAO. Good luck with that cat Milwaukee. That isn't going to end well.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

That was hilarious, kinda tough to understand Jennings though.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Why as a fall-back? Wallace is old, Bass doesn't have range, and Villanueva is probably the most athletic of the three.
Because, Rasheed is the best fit by far. And if you're acquiring Vince Carter and expressing interest in Wallace...they want to win right now. A small window...they're stacking the deck. Also, CV's defense is highly suspect and he doesnt play with the demeanor of a Wallace or Bass. A big thing those guys have in common, besides good defense...is toughness. And Wallace and Bass are certainly truer PFs than a CV. Ultimately, Wallace is going to be the man they want most.

I hate this type of short term building but, they got a taste and want more, immediatly. They're not even looking into the future, it's about winning now...and Wallace would give them the best shot to do so. And as for Bass being their 2nd option. Again, a truer PF who plays well on the defensive end and supplies you with toughness, that this team was lacking last season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-29-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Go get him, Magic.

I will feel much more secure in our future (both short and long term, considering he'll be just 25 this summer) if we can lock him up. He'd be perfect: He's an .800 free throw shooter, can hit a three, grabs his share of rebounds and his usage rate on offense (the percentage of possessions in which he either scores or logs an assist) is outstanding.

Not to mention that if you project his statistics last year to 40 minutes, he would have been a (theoretical) 24/10 player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Ummm, where would the Cavs and Magic get that type of cap space for him? Being that this class isn't all that great, he probably will get more then the MLE, it just depends on how many offers come through.
Quote:
That was hilarious, kinda tough to understand Jennings though.
I like that he is out in the open and speaks his mind, but from what it seems like, he is going to butt heads with his coach and possibly players, and say I'm going to run this play because I feel its got a better chance to work then what the coach said. I mean he might get away with that under Scott Skiles, but D'Antoni takes no ****, and that type of attitude is probably why the Knicks went BPA instead of filling a need. He would have put D'Antoni in his place, just like he did to Marbury and just like he did to Curry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Nick Calathes signs with Panathinaikos for 3 years, €2.1 million
Old 06-29-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've been hearing full MLE for CV. There are a few guys that will get the real FA dollars and he probably wont be one of them. That's what the Cavs would offer and that's where most have him pegged to land.

His qualifying offer was at $4.6 and the MLE is at $5.58 million.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-29-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You wanna know how to understand Brandon Jennings?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
You wanna know how to understand Brandon Jennings?

I hope he brings back the high top fade.

It's dope!

Her is another photo of Mr. Compton

O jeez the cockiness is at an all time high right now. He has to learn his place right now, otherwise he is just going to become another spoiled young millionaire who is going to ***** about everything and want things his way. Please don't do that Jennings, I like you, and would have wanted you on the Knicks. Donnie and D'Antoni felt otherwise however, and of course I can see why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote