Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said in the other thread...if Thabeet and Arthur fulfill their defensive potential. It will be quite the hassle trying to score on that team in the paint. And then in Mayo and *** you have tons of scoring. Still not sold on Conley, though. And I like Gasol so, I thought the Thabeet pick was one wasted and they should have just gone PG. But they have some nice pieces that will grow together.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-30-2009 at 07:24 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to announce it eventually, but I feel obligated to do it now.

I'll be supporting the OKC Thunder from here on out.

(Well, out of the Western Conference at least. I'm still all for the Magic.)
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
MOTH, found Russell Robinson's D-League stats... Now I remember him vaguely as the guard from Kansas.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil...ssell_robinson

Pretty impressive stat sheet as well.
Yeah not bad...hopefully one can surprise a little and make the team. It's odd that we have Hendrix on the team, though. I was literally just talking about him the other day with a friend for some reason or another. lol. He's def. got the best shot. With no draft picks...atleast we'll have him to keep track of and Anderson will be there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oh, I've been on that Thunder band wagon. I watch their games frequently. I still dont love this Millsap thing, though. It's weird.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Richard Hendrix.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
I was going to announce it eventually, but I feel obligated to do it now.

I'll be supporting the OKC Thunder from here on out.

(Well, out of the Western Conference at least. I'm still all for the Magic.)
And you'll see their games how?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Like I said in the other thread...if Thabeet and Arthur fulfill their defensive potential. It will be quite the hassle trying to score on that team in the paint. And then in Mayo and *** you have tons of scoring. Still not sold on Conley, though. And I like Gasol so, I thought the Thabeet pick was one wasted and they should have just gone PG. But they have some nice pieces that will grow together.
Conley really dialed it up in the last 3 months of the season. Made me a big believer for sure. Had him on my fantasy team... it's the only reason why I know that. But he's definitely the future there. No need to replace him.

Darrell Arthur is the one I question. I definitely think they could upgrade the PF position. I question the Thabeet pick with the emergence of Marc Gasol. Together they give the Griz a nice presence at the Center position though. Too bad they didn't land the #1 pick and Griffin. That team would've been sick.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
And you'll see their games how?
A time machine. I'll send my DVR six hours into the future, so that the games that go on at 1 o'clock AM here I'll be able to watch at a comfortable 7 PM.

It's a brilliant plan in theory!
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's always fun to check out past rivals top 150 ratings. Take Monta Ellis...he pretty much exploded on to the nba scene, seemingly out of no where to the casual NBA fan (mid 2nd rounder) but, really he was the #3 rated prospect in the country going into college.

But yeah it is interesting to look back on. Josh Mcroberts #2 overall that year. And Richard Hendrix #9 to Tyler Hansbrough's #10.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I love Richard Hendrix.
Lotta love for Hendrix.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boozer didn't opt out and Michael Curry is fired. Didn't see either of those coming, but.......(and I realize I'm late on this.

WOOOOOOOOO CURRY GONE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont buy Artest going for the MLE. He's an idiot but, I think someone would pay him. And if Houston wants to have any shot, they need him. They really need to move T-Mac, though. Houston is a confusing team at the moment. They're including Brooks in every deal they attempt and yet, they want to retain Artest and sign Gortat. They're not all that high on Brooks as they used to be.
If the Rockets are banking on Yao playing at some point next year, Brooks is probably the worst entry passing point guard in the NBA period. Also has questionable decision making at times.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Oh and I was going to announce it at the start of the season, but I want to let it be known before everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon. I'll be supporting the Memphis Grizzlies from here on out.
This whole time I thought you were staying on the Thunder bandwagon. What the heck man. We need as many fans as we can get.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
This whole time I thought you were staying on the Thunder bandwagon. What the heck man. We need as many fans as we can get.
I'm on the Thunder bandwagon

Durant + Harden = awesomeness

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need a bandwagon team to follow moderately due to the Knicks being neither exciting nor talented for the 2009 season
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
FWIW i LOVE what the thunder are doing, but if I leave, that's like, 50% of the Nets fan base leaving, so I'm staying strong!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But they drafted BJ Mullens.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-30-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Just to clarify, they traded for him but your point is understood

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BJ Mullens>Austin Daye

I must defend him despite my hatred for him on draft day.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ewww yea, forgot about that. **** thunder, why must you do this to me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The Rockets have a meeting with Gortat tonight. Could he be our first signing? The Knicks and Hornets both want him bad as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Just to clarify, they traded for him but your point is understood
Princeius, it was so much easier to say what I said.

I'm going to cry when the Pistons sign Ben Gordon.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-30-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Rockets have a meeting with Gortat tonight. Could he be our first signing? The Knicks and Hornets both want him bad as well.
Since when? There was that one story during the playoffs and not even a single mention of his name anywhere since Donnie Walsh said he wouldn't talk about it after the playoffs were over and still hasn't even talked about him.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With the career of Yao on the line, it wouldn't shock me if the Rockets go hard after him. They need him more then the Knicks right now, and the Hornets still have Chandler. I think Walsh likes Gortat, but not enough to jeopardize what he did for the future. Kidd on the other hand could be had on the cheap, split some time with Duhon, and have him as a big selling point for LeBron. But if we don't get him I'll be fine with it, cause we probably will sign Nash next offseason. And with the poor economy, and teams tightening their budget, maybe Lee just accepts the qualifying offer, and is good trade bait during the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and I hope this deal goes down

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...or_t_mac_deal/