Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ewww...I just read that the Thunder are interested in pursing Ben Gordon and may offer a contract to compete with the Pistons.

Not sure how realiable the source is
http://dimemag.com/2009/06/thunder-d...to-ben-gordon/

The price on Milsap seems too steep, I'd rather overpay a little for Gortat and keep Green at the 4.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Princeius, it was so much easier to say what I said.

I'm going to cry when the Pistons sign Ben Gordon.
I have no idea why we'd sign him. Maybe we'll trade Rip and Maxiell for TMac's expiring contract or something.
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
with yao's injury it doesn't come as big surprise

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
With the career of Yao on the line, it wouldn't shock me if the Rockets go hard after him. They need him more then the Knicks right now, and the Hornets still have Chandler. I think Walsh likes Gortat, but not enough to jeopardize what he did for the future. Kidd on the other hand could be had on the cheap, split some time with Duhon, and have him as a big selling point for LeBron. But if we don't get him I'll be fine with it, cause we probably will sign Nash next offseason. And with the poor economy, and teams tightening their budget, maybe Lee just accepts the qualifying offer, and is good trade bait during the season.
Source: Lee Leaving For Grizzlies Or Thunder

Jun 30, 2009 9:30 PM EST

A source told Ken Berger that he believes David Lee's days as with the Knicks are over.
Agent Mark Bartelstein will reportedly have Lee sign an offer sheet with the Grizzlies or Thunder that the Knicks will not be willing to match.
"It's a tough loss for New York, but they don't want to screw up their 2010 plan," the source said.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
ewww...I just read that the Thunder are interested in pursing Ben Gordon and may offer a contract to compete with the Pistons.

Not sure how realiable the source is
http://dimemag.com/2009/06/thunder-d...to-ben-gordon/

The price on Milsap seems too steep, I'd rather overpay a little for Gortat and keep Green at the 4.
Uhh, didn't they just draft James Harden? Not sure I understand why they'd go after him, but I'd be happy to see Gordon sign in OKC.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm new to this, but that doesn't make sense to me? Why would the Rockets take on a big contract and crappy players to give up at least a nice player who has an expiring contract?

I understand getting rid of TMac, but isn't Curry crappy?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

A source told Ken Berger that he believes David Lee's days as with the Knicks are over.
Agent Mark Bartelstein will reportedly have Lee sign an offer sheet with the Grizzlies or Thunder that the Knicks will not be willing to match.
"It's a tough loss for New York, but they don't want to screw up their 2010 plan," the source said.

That means the Thunder are going to pay a crazy amount for Lee.

1. Westbrook/Livingston
2. Harden/Thabo
3. Durant/Mason(if he signs)
4. Green/White
5. Lee/Kristic

That's not a bad lineup.

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since when? There was that one story during the playoffs and not even a single mention of his name anywhere since Donnie Walsh said he wouldn't talk about it after the playoffs were over and still hasn't even talked about him.
Broussard said they were meeting with his people, somewhere down the line. Along with the Hornets, Rockets, and maybe the Kings. He's visiting w/ the Rockets right now. If you guys do meet with him it would surely be after this Kidd thing is resolved. That meeting is tomorrow.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
with yao's injury it doesn't come as big surprise
I'm sure they can do better than Eddy Curry for TMac's expiring.
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I'm new to this, but that doesn't make sense to me? Why would the Rockets take on a big contract and crappy players to give up at least a nice player who has an expiring contract?
The Rockets have been successful without McGrady over the past two seasons and with Yao possibily have a career ending injury they're going to need to have a capable starter at the 5 and that's where Curry comes in.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Seriously, if the Pistons end up with Gordon and CV, that would be hilarious. I would feel bad for you guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post

I understand getting rid of TMac, but isn't Curry crappy?
ya Curry is crappy that is the main selling point why I want the deal to go down. For the Rockets I guess they think they can help him since he is still young and with Yao possibly gone they need someone so hopefully Donnie can pull of this swindle.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Curry's contract is expiring also. It's no big deal. I dont think their intent would be to keep him. He could atleast help them for a year if they didnt get Gortat.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Rockets have been successful without McGrady over the past two seasons and with Yao possibily have a career ending injury they're going to need to have a capable starter at the 5 and that's where Curry comes in.
LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2fA3xX5hy8
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Seriously, if the Pistons end up with Gordon and CV, that would be hilarious. I would feel bad for you guys.
I'm gonna stab you if that happens.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Curry's contract is expiring also. It's no big deal. I dont think their intent would be to keep him. He could atleast help them for a year if they didnt get Gortat.
Curry's Contract is longer then T-Mac's
Old 06-30-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I'm gonna stab you if that happens.
Above the waste but, not in the face. Please.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So? Nate blocked Yao. That was much worse haha

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Curry's Contract is longer then T-Mac's
yeah you're right. ESPN trade machine says two years (which means one at the moment;not updated) but, he has an option for 10/11 and he'd certainly accept it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-30-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
So? Nate blocked Yao. That was much worse haha
I no it was just the first funny clip I saw so I posted it.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would do that trade in a millisecond if I were Donnie Walsh. It brings a star player that the Garden hasn't had in ages, and gets rid of a bad fit in Curry. I'm also sure Mobley would straight up retire once he is traded again.
Quote:

It is going to be a tough loss, but maybe we can use this to our advantage. Is it possible that lets say the Thunder sign him to an offer sheet, with the Grizzlies very much still willing to pay the price. If this scenario occurs, or switch the teams, scenario maybe we can pull of a sign and trade, and get some assets for a player we know is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

I will hate Lee if he signs with Memphis cause we could have traded him during the draft last season and could have came away with possibly OJ Mayo.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

I think I am going to stop scouring for rumors, I'm seeing stuff I don't like now. Like Varejao linked to the Thunder. I will be a sad panda if that happens. Rather dump money on Lee or Milsap than that guy.

They honestly shouldn't sign anyone big time, develop their young guys, have money to resign Durant, and draft somone like Aldrich, Favors or Patterson next year. They have two firsts again, so they are in a good position. I really don't want to see Presti hamstring the future of the team to sign Milsap/Lee.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Why not trade TMac to the Hornets for Tyson Chandler? They tried to give him away for cap space last year, I don't see why they wouldn't do it again.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Why not trade TMac to the Hornets for Tyson Chandler? They tried to give him away for cap space last year, I don't see why they wouldn't do it again.
cause they are talking about getting Eddy Curry and bringing back Cuttino " The Cat" Mobley to retire as a rocket duh.