Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-14-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady was stuck behind Brian Greise most of his college career, and then had to share time with Drew Henson. But when he did get playing time, he played well.

People that said that Brady wasn't very good in college are wrong, he just didn't really get much of an opportunity. I bet, had he started 1 whole season in college, he would've been atleast a Day 1 pick.

Regarding the USC RBs, I believe that these kids aren't really concerned with the competition. They believe that they will get their opportunity.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont know what they are thinking either. it kind of reminds me of all the runningbacks that are flocking to wisconsin.

USCs running backs are more athletes than anything. they can play all over the field. we are going to see some very good NFL players come out of USC who played very very little in college in the next couple years. they almost have too much talent there. maybe the NCAA should take a few scholarships away. It would level the playing field.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the ncaa would never do that that just wouldnt be fair... if only there were a way to limit the number of 5 star players goin to one school but theres no way to do that
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think they will probably Red Shirt McKnight this year. Marc Tyler ****** up I think.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

naw they never redshirt anyone they just stockpile on talent- heck they didnt even redshirt stafon johnson and he only played like one snap or something
Old 02-20-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were a D1 caliber athlete I'd go to USC too....the pay is good.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

that would be stupid as hell for the NCAA to take away scholarships. you dont punish someone for being good. instead of trying to think of a way to knock USC down other schools could be thinking of ways to better their programs so they can attract more players

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
I think they will probably Red Shirt McKnight this year. Marc Tyler *********** up I think.
how is marc tyler screwin up? he committed to USC before McKnight.
Tyler is unreal dude, i think hes prolly the best complete back in the whole class. Hes in the endzone like every other time he touches the ball. Like we said earlier in this topic, he could easliy play full back, he catches unbelievebly well for a running back and hes very fast and can run with power.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

probably half won't pan out because they won't put in the work, then some 3 star guy they have will end up being a star.

I don't think people realize how much coaching helps in making it to the NFL. Not like any of these guys are just ready for the NFL, going to a school like USC gives you top notch coaching helping make you ready.

Then not to mention just being a back up at a school like USC gives you an opportunity to get drafted. Look at Matt Cassell whose 2nd string for the Patriots now.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coaching is a big part of improving but so is game time experience. Kids like Cassell and Willie Parker are few and far between. A lot of high potential guys won't be good enough initially to make an NFL roster despite there limitless potential.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Joe McKnight should have gone to LSU.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Joe McKnight should have gone to LSU.
But he didnt......sucks huh? decided to go to the school that produces the players like Reggie.....
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

mcknight is going to light it up at SC

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Might be better off going somewhere with less of a stacked backfield. Teams like Louisville, VT and WV are all great programs that these guys would def play and get exposed.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
But he didnt......sucks huh? decided to go to the school that produces the players like Reggie.....
IDK i mean LSU is pretty stacked too but Mcknight woulda def played more there... Keiland Williams looks like the real deal although most of the guys in their backfield Graduated but they always seem to stack up
Old 02-28-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1 View Post
mcknight is going to light it up at SC
Oh I don't doubt it. Just make sure he doesn't get caught.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote