Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:53 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Referee statistics. The league admits to just a small fraction of actual bad calls.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Pro Bowl selections
I agree with that :)

Signature made by me

2009-2010 Pick the Winners: 190-77
2010-2011 Pick the Winners: 162-105
2011-2012 Pick the Winners: 168-99
2012-2013 Pick the Winners: 171-95-1

Sveen's 2013 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

40 time for a WR, now I'm not suggesting that someone could succeed at WR with a 5 second 40, but I don't see the huge deal between a guy running a 4.4 and 4.6. 10 and 20 times would be a far better measure, acceleration is very important.

Edit - didn't read the second page, my mistake

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli manning

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brett Farve
Most overated in NFL history
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
sorry i thought you were talking about individuals sacks
You don't have to apologize. I didn't say team sacks in my original post, don't worry about it.

But that quote goes to show how bad of a coordinator Blache was. He wanted his DL's to get fat and try and control the line of scrimmage, keeping OL's off of our LB's.

I'm glad we got rid of that scheme.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAngelo Hall

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A ton of statistics are extremely overrated. Most of what you guys said is valid, except I don't understand sacks being overrated. Sacks are HUGE momentum shifts and always put the other team in a bad situation. Another overrated thing: 1000 yard rushing seasons, its just not a landmark number in my eyes anymore. 1500 is something to be proud of.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cheerleaders

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
In sports studies this is called "stacking". It's whenever minorities are made to do things that are to be expected of them. Since most African American players aren't brought up to play the QB position, white players tend to be more effective. Is this fair? No. But does it happen? Certainly.

I don't think that black players should be treated any differently, but I know that Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb are the only great black QB's I know. And I'm not sure you could call Cunningham, McNair and McNabb great.

If I were starting a team, I'd go for the white QB. History tends to favour them. In this draft I'd go for Quinn over Russell.
That's cause you're a ******* idiot, a well-established fact.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB protection. i feel that if they are in the game they know they could get hurt, it doesn't matter how you bring him down as long as you bring him down is the way i feel. don't like how the ref's SOMETIMES throws flags on some dumb shiz.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That the league protects players like the kickers and quarterbacks. Put a yellow jersey on them and tell the other players only two hand touch for these guys!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball View Post
That the league protects players like the kickers and quarterbacks. Put a yellow jersey on them and tell the other players only two hand touch for these guys!
BURN!! haha

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
DH4MVP23

Not exactly on topic but must underated is forced fumbles.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
The Wonderlic, though I think sacks are somewhat overrated; it's great if someone can rush the passer but if that's all they can do and they are a starter; then it hurts the team.
That is why Aaron Kampman is the best DE in the NFL. Not only did he have 15.5 sacks but he also had 90 tackles and is clearly a run stopper.

BTW........my 100th post YAY FOR ME
Old 03-01-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
im not saying anything bad about Vilma..im just saying this year he wasnt as good as he was in 4-3..

your going to tell me his 113 tackles are VERY good? He didnt play VERY good..he struggled in his first year in a 3-4..cant just blame him but his 113 tackles are misleading to his production this year..same with Tedy Bruschi
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote