Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-30-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
wicket

Johnson, Smith and Brown I did not include because they just did not really stand out to me last season for the Irish. However I will remember to watch them more closely this year. I appreciate the additions, it is always hard to follow all teams and list all the players.
EJ was just outblocked becuz he could be double teamed all the time since our DLine was pretty sad overall but i can understand that you missed him, just watch him this yea, its gonna be sweet ;)

Still think Harrison Smith could have a great season, too bad he was basically a OLB for them last year, he will really have to show he can cover, but he can obviously tackle quite well.
he just played olb because he was to good to keep of the field, he moved back in the dime a few times and covered tight ends and stuff pretty well, not much video on that though. (not outplaying Bruton as a sophomore is not emberrasing)

Also Blanton, I was disappointed on how he disappeared in some games and at times did not even get on the field, love his size and supposed strength though!
keep in mind he was a true freshman playing becuz walls wasnt enrolled and gray was injured, if he improves as much as he should he will be pretty good, but your critique is pretty legit here nevertheless
also an oversight on my part, grimes is already out of school (is an udfa somewhere).

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
5)
LSU: Very talented in the offensive line and have two potential stars there. The receivers are talented and LaFell should be an absolute monster this season. At quarterback they will have to improve but they have experience there and at running back they are loaded again. On defense the linebackers are inexperienced but they have a solid secondary with talented players. On the defensive line they have some real nice prospects as well.
QB Lee, Hatch
RB Scott, Williams, Holliday
WR LaFell, Toliver, Mitchell
TE Dickson
OL Black, Barksdale
DL Alem, Woods, Nevis
LB Sheppard
CB Hawkins, Eugene
S C. Jones Coleman
Was hoping someone was going to correct the LSU one.

QB: Jefferson, Lee (Hatch transferred back to Harvord)
RB: Scott, Williams, Murphy (Holliday isn't a big enough impact player imo)
WR: LaFell, Toliver, Tolliver (Chris, RS) (Mitchell is going pro in baseball and i know you don't meant Chris...)
TE: Dickson, Peterson
OL: Black, Barksdale
DL: Alem, Woods, Nevis, Corley
LB: Riley, Coleman (Moved to LB, no longer Safety), Baker
CB: Patrick Freaking PETERSON!!! (Clear cut #1 CB), Hawkins, B. Taylor
S: Jones, Brooks
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints 4 Lyfe

So they moved Coleman from safety to linebacker? Odd, what about Sheppard at linebacker? He still on the team? As for Peterson I guess with only four starts I did not see much of him, I do not doubt he is a player though, will keep an eye on him next year.

And yes it is Jared Mitchell, but yeah if he is a player in baseball probably will go there.

Holiday I like as a potential RB, he is quite the weapon just is not used as much as he should be. He could be used in the screen game and the run game more.

Nevis could be a stud couldn't he? Guy looked like a monster at times last year.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saints 4 Lyfe

So they moved Coleman from safety to linebacker? Odd, what about Sheppard at linebacker? He still on the team? As for Peterson I guess with only four starts I did not see much of him, I do not doubt he is a player though, will keep an eye on him next year.
Sheppard should be a starting LB as should Coleman. Peterson is somewhat of a WR/TE tweener. Been seeing action at both spots.

Quote:
And yes it is Jared Mitchell, but yeah if he is a player in baseball probably will go there.
yeah he's out of here.

Quote:
Holiday I like as a potential RB, he is quite the weapon just is not used as much as he should be. He could be used in the screen game and the run game more.
should be used more but probably won't.

Quote:
Nevis could be a stud couldn't he? Guy looked like a monster at times last year.
Nevis...he has a higher ceiling than Dorsey i'll just leave it at that...
Old 06-30-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One group I forgot was the offensive line core of the Iowa Hawkeyes.

OL
Iowa: Bulaga, Calloway, Richardson, Eubanks

A very solid group that could easily be consider the best if Richardson plays up to his potential and those two outstanding tackles continue their dominating play.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Javzz
Veteran

Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
Sheppard should be a starting LB as should Coleman. Peterson is somewhat of a WR/TE tweener. Been seeing action at both spots.

yeah he's out of here.

should be used more but probably won't.

Nevis...he has a higher ceiling than Dorsey i'll just leave it at that...
Cutrera's slotted to start MLB. Dunno how it will work out, hopefully everything comes together for him.

I'd say off the top of my head the main positions up for grabs going into fall is CB opposite Peterson, SS, center,and 3rd WR. Losing Molton hurts, Randle's going to have to have a big contribution this year. Right now I'd guess C Mitchell is probably the third guy. He showed some potential and made some big plays, just needs to not drop the ball. Now that the quarterback isn't going to be locked in on LaFell every play(hopefully), we're going to need 2 or 3 recievers to step up with LaFell. with the offense Crowton runs.

rainbeaukid
Javzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First off I would take Oklahoma's QB, RBs, and TEs over Florida's anyday.
Go ahead and takes those while I take the UF OL, WR's, DL, LB, CB, S, hell even K, and P and all the while the QB and TE's are only marginally better than UF's.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That could be argued easily. Mays is by far better than any player in the Florida secondary. If Will Harris plays up to his ability he could be something special. Then you have Pinkard who has worlds of experience and can play almost any position in the secondary. Do not forget Wright a talented corner who got injured last year and Thomas who had a solid season. Florida has a great secondary obviously but I think Mays star potential puts the USC group over Florida.

Also didn't Jenkins get in some trouble this off season? I always hate when I hear that and usually that kind of stuff shows it self on the field at some point in a negative way.
Will Hill is already better than Taylor Mays and he's not even good enough to crack the starting lineup at Florida. ;)
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida has 3 first round picks in their secondary right now.

USC has one. NFL talent doesn't always mean you were a star in the NCAA, but Jenkins and Haden are best CB duo hands down, Ahmad Black is a ballhawk, which allows Wright to roam and lay the wood.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:16 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida has by far the best secondary in the NCAA. There's not much to argue about.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Florida has by far the best secondary in the NCAA. There's not much to argue about.
Alabama might challenge for that title this year.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One guy to look out for in 2009-2010..

Chad Jones, LSU

He's set to explode

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

I really feel LSU's secondary is being overlooked.

Patrick Peterson (STUD), Chad Jones (LaRon Landry on acid) Ron Brooks (looking to have a HUGE impact), Chris Hawkins (solid), Brandon Taylor (future stud)

But we're forgetting the most important part. Ron Cooper DB Coach and John Chavis DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
One guy to look out for in 2009-2010..

Chad Jones, LSU

He's set to explode

Dreadlocks of DOOM

Last edited by Saints 4 Lyfe : 07-01-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What ever happened to Jai Eugene?
Old 07-01-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
What ever happened to Jai Eugene?
more worried about waiving towels on the sideline than actually progressing as a football player.

he's just not progressing like everyone thought he would. maybe cooper can get him over that hump.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Florida has 3 first round picks in their secondary right now.

USC has one. NFL talent doesn't always mean you were a star in the NCAA, but Jenkins and Haden are best CB duo hands down, Ahmad Black is a ballhawk, which allows Wright to roam and lay the wood.
You know what's scary? The safety duo of Hill and Finley is going to be even better than Black/Wright.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Ray Ray Armstrong > Hill & Finley
Old 07-01-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
outside of the fact that it is not tru, rr armstrong doesnt count in the situation either

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
outside of the fact that it is not tru, rr armstrong doesnt count in the situation either
Have you ever seen Ray Ray play?

He's not better than the combination of Hill and Finley (obviously), but he's better than each individually. You'll see.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That is all up to Dre Kirkpatrick, if he is as good as everyone thinks yes they could be the best secondary. right up there with anyone else.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida has the best secondary.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Maybe in 2010 & 2011, Dre Kirkpatrick & Demarcus Milliner will be the best CB tandem in the country if they develop in proportion to their 2009 rankings. Milliner has consistently run 4.27 & 4.3 40s, was #1 ranked corner in the nation.

More Bama embellishment:

Quote:
9)
Alabama: They have outstanding defensive backs and two of the best corners around in Arenas and Jackson, then you have Woodall who is a beast at safety. The linebackers are more than just good with McClain and Hightower. The defensive line will lean on Cody who should be in much better shape than last season. On offense they have some talented running backs that will have to lead the way and Jones is a special weapon at receiver. But they have to fill major holes in the offensive line and at the quarterback position.
QB McElroy
RB Upchurch, Grant, Ingram, Fr. Trent Richardson ranked #1 nationally
WR All America Julio Jones
TE Chk. out Collin Peek, jr. TE transfer from Georgia Tech, s/b an instant impact
OL M. Johnson
DL 1st team All America Terrance Cody (could be best NFL prospect 3-4 2-gap NT since Kris Jenkins?) Brandon Deaderick & Lorenzo Washington at DEs
1st Team All America LB Rolando McClain, Hightower, Hall
CB Arenas, Jackson
S Woodall
Some pundits say the Tide defense has the best front 7 in the country.

If their opener vs. Va. Tech shows the o-line gelling & McElroy with some chemistry with Julio Jones, Alabama will make a lot of offensive noise in the most brutal division of any conference in the country, the SEC West. Their defense will have at least 2 1st round draft picks, maybe 4 1st day picks if Kareem Jackson at CB & Hightower at ILB emerge as expected & you're looking at a top 5, maybe top 3 Div. 1 scoring defense. If the Crimson Tide contend in the BCS again this yr. their overwhelming defense will be the horse Saban rides to a BCS bowl. I predict 10-2 in 2009 if everybody stays healthy & a New Yrs. day bowl game.

Last edited by LizardState : 07-21-2009 at 04:40 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
whatever you say
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javzz View Post
Cutrera's slotted to start MLB. Dunno how it will work out, hopefully everything comes together for him.

I'd say off the top of my head the main positions up for grabs going into fall is CB opposite Peterson, SS, center,and 3rd WR. Losing Molton hurts, Randle's going to have to have a big contribution this year. Right now I'd guess C Mitchell is probably the third guy. He showed some potential and made some big plays, just needs to not drop the ball. Now that the quarterback isn't going to be locked in on LaFell every play(hopefully), we're going to need 2 or 3 recievers to step up with LaFell. with the offense Crowton runs.
I'm late to the party here, but I figure I'll address it anyway..

Cutrera, I think, was actually the fastest LB on the team last year not named Ryan Baker. The linebackers are solid at the top but very thin. I'd like to see Baker get on the field some this year because I think he has the talent to really be a good one. Coleman will be a good rotational player but I don't think he'll start straight away.

At WR I think you've got LaFell and Toliver at the top obviously. The 3rd guy, I think, could end up being Chris Tolliver. Chris Mitchell is pretty good but I like Tolliver too.

Then there's Rueben Randle.

DeAngelo Peterson is a straight-away TE, btw. He's bulked up a TON. I think they list him at 240 now. He's freakish..he's never been a burner, even at 190 coming out of high school, but he's fast enough to stretch the field at tight end when lined up against linebackers.

I also think Karnell Hatcher could start over Ron Brooks, as good as Brooks has looked. I don't know where that leaves Loston, but I'd imagine he gets in there somewhere this year.

the defensive line is going to be fierce. Alem and Pep Levingston outside (imo..maybe Corley, but I think Pep) with Nevis and Woods (and Charles Alexander too) at DT.

Sam Montgomery will play some this year as a freshman. D-line looks to be the strong point of the defense this year to me.

Last edited by TigerBait45 : 07-19-2009 at 04:30 PM.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First off I would take Oklahoma's QB, RBs, and TEs over Florida's anyday.

As far as FSU goes well they have very talented players but most of them have to prove a lot. I like a lot of their defensive backs and linebackers but most have to put up or shut up, last year they were really talented as an overall group but did not reach their team potential. I would take the two stars in UNCs defensive backfield over any on Florida State. Then UNCs defensive line is potentially better than FSU as well and so are their linebackers. And unlike FSU, UNC has actual running backs on their roster, FSU has nobody in terms of who was on the team last season.
FSU's starting RB Jermaine Thomas played quite a bit last year, and played very well. He averaged over 7 yards a carry and will probably look better than Antone Smith did this past year. I don't care to get into this argument because its homer fest, just felt like clearing that up.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote