Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott
I actually think the Bengals have finally learned their lesson and they will be drafting Boy Scouts this year. Pacman does belong in jail. Some of these guys, including Chris Henry need a slap upside their head to realize what they are throwing away. Pacman will be nailed for this one, probably get about 50 community hours.
you call community service getting "nailed"? seriously?

also, for those titans fans whining because everyone is "jumping to conclusions", one would assume you noticed all of the "If true"s that've been attached to nearly every single post about the situation worth responding to. because you sound like you're rushing to the assumption that pacman didn't do anything and that this is all sensationalism, which is just as stupid as assuming he did it.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, um, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm sure as hell not rushing to the assumption he did nothing, lol. I'm not rushing to any assumption - I think that's the point.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacman now is linked to a drug dealer.

http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/drug-...ses-239985.php

Pacmans drug dealer said on audiotape:

"We gotta slow down, man. We gotta get him focused on football, man. He's focused on too much other ****," Daryl Moore said. "You know, I was talkin' to him the other day about smokin', and he was like 'man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now.' Fisher's being as patient a ****** as he can. Fisher gotta win. Fisher trying to win ... He ain't putting up with that ****."

Lol. when a big time drug dealer is giving you sound advice, you know you have problems

Last edited by njx9 : 02-28-2007 at 10:30 AM.
GiantRutgersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
pacman32

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...RTS01/70228022
Old 02-28-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
mrpotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman32 View Post
That whole story comes from his PUBLICIST. What do you expect. He got beat up because he was hitting a stripper. The club owner has little motivation to lie, and has watched the whole thing on video tape. He claimed that they have video tape of the shooter with Pacman. That is pretty hard to refute.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

being with the shooter really cant do much legally. maybe he will get an accomplis to assault with a deadly weapon. all it really does speak not so highly on his choice of friends. but hitting the stripper is something completely different.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Tennessean

Quote:
Robert Jones loves his nephew, Pacman.

Over the years, Robert said, he's done his best to advise Pacman and lead him in the right direction. But their relationship has been more distant of late, largely because their conversations haven't been on topics Titans cornerback Pacman Jones wanted anything to do with.

"Everybody tries to talk to him," Robert Jones said. "I do. His mother talks to him, his grandparents talk to him. … I don't know, I just think he is out of control. I've told him I think he is out of damn control, but he doesn't want to hear it.

"I hate to say things on the negative because I want to see him do good. But it is hard to see him keep getting involved in stuff like this. …''

Pacman Jones' latest brush with trouble — he was at the scene of a triple shooting in Las Vegas on Feb. 19 and has been accused of being a friend of the shooter by the co-owner of the strip club where the incident occurred — wasn't talked about much during a birthday party Jones attended in Atlanta over the weekend, according to three relatives who were present.

The party was for Jones' daughter, Zaniyah, who turned 1 last Thursday. Las Vegas police haven't identified a suspect in the case. Jones was interviewed, but it was as a witness and not a suspect, his attorneys said.

"The baby was the main focus of the weekend, and he was real happy for his baby. But deep down inside I can see a little fear in him,'' said Willie Louise Davis, Pacman's grandmother. "Deep down in my heart, I know he didn't do any of this. I can tell when he is guilty. I can tell when he does something he isn't supposed to do. I know Pacman, and I know he didn't do this.''

Jones has since returned to Nashville to have the stitches removed from a shoulder that was operated on earlier this month and to begin rehabilitation.

In recent days his attorneys have declined to comment on the case. Several of his teammates returned calls to The Tennessean but indicated they didn't want their voice in a story about the controversial cornerback, who has been involved in eight incidents since the team drafted him in the first round of the 2005 draft.

Jones has not returned calls to The Tennessean since the incident in Las Vegas.

Advice 'on deaf ears'

Some of his family members contacted Tuesday said they are concerned about his future, largely because of a past that has some of those around him frustrated and wondering what they can do to make a bigger difference.

Robert Jones talked to Pacman Jones about the incident in Las Vegas.

Robert Susnar, co-owner of the club, said Jones started a melee by throwing money into the air, and he reacted angrily when some of the dancers tried to pick it up. Susnar said Jones threatened one of the security guards, and later a man he was with came back and opened fire outside the club, hitting three people, paralyzing one.

"He said it's going to show he wasn't involved, but maybe he is putting himself in the position to getting the criticism he gets. That is just being real,'' said Robert Jones, 41, who's in the trucking business in Atlanta. "I have told him about trying to be in the right place at the right time so much instead of always being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it kind of goes on deaf ears.

"I told him: 'You don't have to try and prove your guilt or innocence to me. All I want you to do is understand you are putting yourself in bad situations, and putting the Titans in bad situations.' I understand he is young and he wants to have fun and all, but sometimes he has to take into consideration the places he's at and the things he's doing.''

Robert Jones said his nephew is aware of the consequences of his actions but doesn't seem too worried.

Claude Jones said he believes people have a wrong opinion of his grandson, and Robert Jones said his nephew "really is a good person.''

"It is just bad that he puts himself in bad situations every time he goes out. I don't want to say every time, but 2 out of 10 times you go out something is going on," Robert Jones said.

"It just seems like it doesn't dawn on him about where he is at and what he is doing until the police have been called or it is in the papers, until the (expletive) has done got out of hand. It is just kind of crazy to me the stuff he goes through that could've been avoided.''

Bad crowd blamed

Jones had an entourage of people with him at the strip club last week, according to Susnar, who accused one of those in Jones' group for being responsible for the shooting.

Claude Jones said his grandson needs to change his company.

"We are all worried about his future because it gives a bad impression of him, the things happening,'' Claude Jones said. "Overall, he just seems to be hanging with the wrong people. The hangers-on just seem to keep staying around him and bringing him down.''

Robert Jones said his nephew needs to learn a lesson from some of his teammates, naming linebacker Keith Bulluck as a player who knows how to handle himself and as someone Jones could learn a lot from.

"When those cats come to a party or club, they sit down and have themselves a good time, and then they go home," Jones said. "Pacman just draws attention to himself with the way he carries himself. He goes into clubs with six cats that call themselves 'security.' Well, what kind of attention do you think that's going get? He doesn't need all that. … They know he's there, but he has all these cats surrounding him like he's the Buddha or somebody.

"And a lot of people around him don't have his best interest at heart. I tell him, just like I'm telling you, but he'll leave me or go on out the room when I am talking to him. He knows right and wrong, I guarantee you that. But he just thinks the dollar bill can get you out of everything. Well, the dollar bill isn't always going to get you out of this (expletive)."

His dad died young

Pacman Jones is due to turn 24 on Sept. 30.

His grandmother has been counting the years since he was just 5, when Pacman's father — her son Adam — was shot in the back of the head and killed.

"He is the only child my son had, and I worry every day about him. I got this age number — if he can just make it to 26, I think he'll be OK," Willie Louise Davis said. "But his daddy didn't make it past 26. I worry, and I hope and pray that (Pacman) can go beyond that and many, many more years. Me and his mother both talk about that all the time.''

Robert Jones said he hopes his nephew will change his ways before it's too late.

His career, and his life, may depend on it.

"I have told him a thousand times he is no bigger than that game, and that game is going to keep going with or without him. Whether he is taking this seriously, I can't really say," Robert Jones said. "But he is going to have to change, and I don't know if he ever will.''

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never understood the fascination with strip clubs - especially for people with money.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I've never understood the fascination with strip clubs - especially for people with money.
I think more than anything else, it's a place to be seen...he's probably more fascinated with the rapper, thug image.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I'm really surprised people aren't more outraged by this. This whole situation has gotten me madder than I've been in a long time. If this stuff turns out to be true, he as no place in this league, or on this earth for that matter.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Don’t quit, don’t even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Well, um, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm sure as hell not rushing to the assumption he did nothing, lol. I'm not rushing to any assumption - I think that's the point.
no, the point was that you (and other titans fans, odd that it's only been titans fans) were getting angry at everyone else for rushing to judgement, when nearly every post by someone credible started with some variation of "if true".
Old 02-28-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182 View Post
I'm really surprised people aren't more outraged by this. This whole situation has gotten me madder than I've been in a long time. If this stuff turns out to be true, he as no place in this league, or on this earth for that matter.
I can't trust the Club owners information about what went down and i can't trust the lawyers for Pacman, so i will just let LVP police handle this. Why get mad over this, it happen everyseason with different players, no need to get worked up about it.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
no, the point was that you (and other titans fans, odd that it's only been titans fans) were getting angry at everyone else for rushing to judgement, when nearly every post by someone credible started with some variation of "if true".
Keyword there being "nearly".

Not sure about anyone else but I don't really recall getting angry at anyone jumping to conclusions (I don't recall getting angry at all???), maybe people accusing me of blindly siding with Pacman when all I was trying to do was remind people of the circumstances of the initial reports, but not simply because some people came in the thread, made their judgment with a "if he did it" qualifier and left.

Last edited by OzTitan : 02-28-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotamus View Post
That whole story comes from his PUBLICIST. What do you expect. He got beat up because he was hitting a stripper. The club owner has little motivation to lie, and has watched the whole thing on video tape. He claimed that they have video tape of the shooter with Pacman. That is pretty hard to refute.
And yet the Police would have the same video and have yet to act on it. Sure are taking their time.

The club owner said the video is low resolution, which I find amazing given the advances in video technology these days, so even if it was captured as the owner tells it, it could be useless.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Well I hear that with a large amounts of single one can "make it rain." Said action is supposedly "off the hizzy."
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote