Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Head of NFL Concussion Committee Steps Down

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2782445

Wow, pretty scandalous. I wonder if the league could be facing lawsuits from former players and such.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm I smell scandal. It's been a hot topic in the NFL for a little bit, and I think it's ironic that the commissioner of this branch steps down all of the sudden.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it wasn't so much that he chose to step down as he was forced to.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Well, it wasn't so much that he chose to step down as he was forced to.
Well, that's not much better.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

hopefully this spurs change. although, until players start wearing mouth guards, they have no one to blame but themselves.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
hopefully this spurs change. although, until players start wearing mouth guards, they have no one to blame but themselves.
That's true. Same goes for players who still wear the old Riddell helmets made in the mid-90s, instead of the new Revolution helmets.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
That's true. Same goes for players who still wear the old Riddell helmets made in the mid-90s, instead of the new Revolution helmets.
absolutely. i'm just annoyed that it's a big issue for current players when they refuse to do anything to protect themselves. i'm sorry, i played quarterback for 10 years wear a mouth guard. it's just not that hard to hold it with one hand while you get guys set up, then yell "hut" with it in your mouth. and no other player on the field has ANY excuse for not having one in at all times. the helmets are even worse, as all the guy has to do is put one on.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
USAF Chief

Sorry to bump this topic back up to the top because most likely very few care about this, but one my biggest pet peeves when I watch the NFL is watching these guys completely mis-use their equipment.

The helmet has a chinstrap for a reason, so button it up and protect your brain, please.

A mouthguard is not a hard thing to wear, but I guess safety is less important than being able to run your mouth after each play.

sometimes I wish they would wake up one day and be like "Wow, I have been blessed to get a great opportunity that few people will ever experience, maybe I shouldn't take it for granted"

People like TO and Pac-Man Jones ruin the sport IMO.

/rant off