Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 02-27-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
reznola
Rookie

reznola hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we overpaid for a 32 year old DT when there is some much talent at the DT in the middle rounds of this draft and the Saints have numerous picks in those rounds. I hope they still draft someone like a Paul Soliai out of Utah in the 4th to get started in the rotation this year or sign someone the likes of Ian Scott. I really liked with Gibbs did with the 4 DT rotation last year, you just have to make sure your 3rd and 4th defensive tackle or a huge dropoff from the 1st and 2nd.
reznola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Saints Re-Signings/Releases

Linky: http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3337
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that's good news. I liked the way he played last year. He seemed reliable in the passing game and looked to be a decent blocker.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he wasn't bad at all. I always liked him ever since he was a Texan. Only thing that kills me about him is the penalties that he tends to get that kills drives.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 02-28-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, now, it seems that with Billy Miller re-signed to an extenstion, we can look to the middle rounds of the Draft to get another tight end especially since we don't know if Mark Campbell will be healthy and I think that Ernie Conwell's days in New Orleans are running low.

Just my opinion...

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
reznola
Rookie

I agree with you dome patrol, the middle rounds you might be able to steal a very good TE in this draft especially looking at some of the small school guys.

I think Campbell will stay around for his blocking ability and I don't see Conwell making the team next year. Two year he has been struggling to stay healthy, and his hands I think have been a question mark since he got here and Payton needs a TE who is going to catch the ball since Brees loving throwing to the TE.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Well, now, it seems that with Billy Miller re-signed to an extenstion, we can look to the middle rounds of the Draft to get another tight end especially since we don't know if Mark Campbell will be healthy and I think that Ernie Conwell's days in New Orleans are running low.

Just my opinion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Ernie Conwell was just cut per. John Clayton. Even though we already re-signed Billy Miller I think this opens up a need for a starting TE.

Saints | Conwell released
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:00:29 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have released TE Ernie Conwell.

I'm going to work on my big board, for possible picks at #27.
Wow! Can I call them or can I call them? :)

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Last edited by Saints Dome Patrol : 02-28-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Saints a finalist for Dre' Bly.....

right now on NFL Network, Adam Shefter has reported...that the saints are 1 of 3 teams vying for Bly's services....

the trade should come down in the next 24-48 hours.

boy oh boy, i hope we can get him.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds interesting... I wonder what the final offers are going to be for him.

Did he mention who the other 2 teams were..? I'm presuming Denver was one of them as they were rumored to be interested before.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Denver and the Redskins...
Old 02-28-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

good news on both events...

i wanted Miller back for depth, and he provided a spark near the end of the season... and in the post-season....

Conwell, is a nice guy but he has always been hurt.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BiggerFoot

I would not mind getting Olsen if there is no real value for a defensive pick
Old 02-28-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I would do it for a 4th rounder we got from KC.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I would do it for a 4th rounder we got from KC.
I'd go so far as to send two out of our three fourth rounders to Detroit. Bly would be a nice addition.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I wouldn't send two -- just one.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:13 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what the big deal is about Bly. His skills have been diminishing and he's not a shutdown corner.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-01-2007, 04:17 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Personally, I'd rather not get Dre Bly... maybe I'm one of the few, but I think that we'd be better suited either a.) getting a young free agent or b.) drafting a cornerback come April.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-01-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Personally, I'd rather not get Dre Bly... maybe I'm one of the few, but I think that we'd be better suited either a.) getting a young free agent or b.) drafting a cornerback come April.
I don't think it would be too bad depending on what's given up to get him. Trade a 4th for him and still maybe even draft a CB in the first round. Then, our corners would be McKenzie/Bly/(rookie of maybe Houston/Revis/Ross for Nickel). I think that would be pretty damn ideal.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
reznola
Rookie

The times picayune wrote, "The Lions reportedly are seeking something in the range of a third-round draft pick, plus a player." I think that would be too much to give up for an CB at his age, but he was a great man to man corner and that is what the Saints are looking for. I like the idea of going after Fred Smoot if he gets released from the Vikings today like many websites are reporting.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

If that's what they are requesting.. pfft. No deal.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Lions and Broncos made a trade today. Dre Bly for Tatum Bell & George Foster. We are no longer in the hunt.

Now, maybe whenever a player whose name people recognizes shows up either in FA or is rumored to be seeking a trade, people might seem a little more realistic when it comes wanting them to go to N.O. I've seen it over and over, let's throw tons of dollars at someone to come down to N.O. no matter if he fits our scheme or not.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-01-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I don't think everyone instantly attributes someone that wants a trade coming here. But, it was obvious that we were in the hunt for his services. Much like we were with Javon Walker last year.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Default Saints release Joe Horn

As per NewOrleansSaints.com:

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3339

Can't say it surprises me though, hopefully, we can re-sign him for less money.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-01-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nor me i seen this one coming.

Any idea what we save on the cap?
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprising. I actually think we won't bring him back for less money either.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote