Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Just ask David Tyree and his damn helmet. Also the AFC Championship game three years ago against the Colts when they came back comes nextfor me
Pretty much for me. Ugh.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta be the Super Bowl. Rex plays like ****, defense plays like ****, coaching sucks and yet we still had a chance to win that game.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Honestly, that finish was so awesome, it made me a huge fan of football... before that I only liked it.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and for me it'd have to be the Tuck Rule even though I wasn't a huge fan back then... if not that then the Time Out called by Shanahan last year which prevented us to beat the Broncos... and once when KC drived all the way to beat us like in 2005 or 2006 maybe? I don't remember the exact date. The Super Bowl against Tampa was also awfull..
Old 07-23-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
CameronCropper
Rookie

CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Superbowl loss is definetly up there.

The loss against the Falcons last year when Kyle Orton took us up the field and scored the go-ahead TD with about 10 seconds left, for some reason we chose to squib kick and give the Falcons great field position.. one pass later and the Falcons have the win.

Needless to say I was not very pleased at all.
CameronCropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The 1997 NFC Championship game against Green Bay.
- I think we would have kicked Denver's ass like we did earlier in the season if we had made it back to the Super Bowl.
Riiiight, I'm sure they would :rollseyes:

Broncos fans have a lot to choose from IMO. The Super Bowls in the 80's, the 1996 AFC Division game loss to the Jaguars, the 2005 AFC Championship game loss to the Steelers, the 41-3 loss to the Chargers in 2007 at home.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylishis View Post
without a doubt the 1998 NFC Championship game we had that game won, i was so sure we were going to win the super bowl that year too :( .

I think we would have, I honestly think we were the best team that year and I don't think there's any homerism in saying that. It doesn't matter though, in fact it just makes the loss worse.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post

Broncos fans have a lot to choose from IMO. The Super Bowls in the 80's, the 1996 AFC Division game loss to the Jaguars, the 2005 AFC Championship game loss to the Steelers, the 41-3 loss to the Chargers in 2007 at home.
Roll your eyes all you want, but the 49ers kicked the Broncos ass that year. Not really a reason as to why they couldn't do it a second time that same season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronCropper View Post
The Superbowl loss is definetly up there.

The loss against the Falcons last year when Kyle Orton took us up the field and scored the go-ahead TD with about 10 seconds left, for some reason we chose to squib kick and give the Falcons great field position.. one pass later and the Falcons have the win.

Needless to say I was not very pleased at all.
Norwood was returning really well up to that point in the season right? I think squib kick was the right call there, even though it lost you the game.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post

I kinda forgot about the 2005 AFC championship, I think I tried to block it out. I had to watch it at like 2am because I was overseas, it was just that much more depressing. Worst game in Bronco history has to be the Super Bowl against the 49ers. Just aweful.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:01 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Roll your eyes all you want, but the 49ers kicked the Broncos ass that year. Not really a reason as to why they couldn't do it a second time that same season.
The game was in San Fran, Terrell Davis got hurt in the game. The game was actually close before TD left, and even though he only had 29 yards on 10 carries, his injury impacted the game.
Plus, just because the 49ers beat up on the Broncos in the regular season doesn't equate to it happening again. Heck, the Broncos kicked the Colts but in 2003 during the regular season, and then got absolutely annhilated in the playoffs.
You act like the Broncos were freakin horrible, they had an amazing team.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:28 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1999 AFC Championship game.

I still have nightmares.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Norwood was returning really well up to that point in the season right? I think squib kick was the right call there, even though it lost you the game.
not that horrible squib kick

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the elbow was down.... the elbow was down
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Seahawks....well I'm sure you can all guess.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
1999 AFC Championship game.

I still have nightmares.
Thank god I wasn't a fan back then.

Since I've been a fan...I guess the 2005 Wild Card loss to the Pats? I dunno, there haven't been many "omg fml" games since I've been a fan.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are three that stick out in my mind vividly:

The 1990 NFC Championship game against New York.
- Roger Craig just had to fumble in the final minutes of the game to screw our chances of making a three-peat.

The 1992 NFC Championship game against Dallas.
- That was probably the best 49ers team not to go to the Super Bowl from the 90's.

The 1997 NFC Championship game against Green Bay.
- I think we would have kicked Denver's ass like we did earlier in the season if we had made it back to the Super Bowl.
Those were bad. In recent history, the game against the Cardinals on Monday Night Football last year was horrible. Who the heck calls a FB dive when you're on the 2 yard line and its the last play of the game??
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote