Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the best RB selected out of the 05 draft?
Cedric Benson 0 0%
Ronnie Brown 26 19.85%
Marion Barber 18 13.74%
Frank Gore 67 51.15%
Darren Sproles 1 0.76%
Brandon Jacobs 18 13.74%
Ryan Grant 1 0.76%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If only Caddy didn't get hurt. He was awesome.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
If only Caddy didn't get hurt. He was awesome.
I was never that impressed with Caddy in the NFL....even that decent rookie season he wasn't impressive, just a solid NFL back.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say Gore over Jacobs and Ronnie.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

No team can stop Brandon Jacobs

/thread
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Ronnie Brown. Marion, Jacobs, Gore all have more impressive running styles but I'd take Brown on my team because he is the best all purpose and will probably be the most reliable health-wise.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
No team can stop Brandon Jacobs

/thread
steelers and eagles can
Old 07-23-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I'd take Brown on my team because he is the best all purpose and will probably be the most reliable health-wise.
Ronnie is not the best all-purpose. Gore has had more rushing yards, receptions and receiving yards in his career, with far less talent around him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put some of Caddy's injuries on Jon Gruden.

The guy was never that big to begin with, and he got his career started averaging 30 carries a game, one game he had 37, seriously, 37 carries for a 210 lb RB fresh out of College.

Nobody even does stuff like that anymore...He finished the year with 290 carries and he missed 2 games and was hurt in alot more, but the sad thing is last year he was starting to look like a shell of his former self at least vs Oakland before getting hurt towards the end.

No idea why he was in a meaningless game, I know he's not the franchise player or anything but considering how many injuries he's had, and how good he was looking, I would of been content with him going into another off-season finishing on a high note.

Had he started his career off in a platoon with another bruiser he could of been a very good RB, but he wasn't built like a 230lb workhorse who could get those types of carries every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

frank gore

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with MBIII. Love the running style, and if I was supposed to choose one of these guys tomorrow to be my starting RB, it would be him. That said, I love Frank Gore, and admire what he has done with 2 reconstructed knees. Ronnie Brown had all the talent in the world, and I loved Ceddie Benson at Texas, but neither ever really shot off in the pros.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank Gore!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank Gore for sure

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I went with MBIII. Love the running style, and if I was supposed to choose one of these guys tomorrow to be my starting RB, it would be him. That said, I love Frank Gore, and admire what he has done with 2 reconstructed knees. Ronnie Brown had all the talent in the world, and I loved Ceddie Benson at Texas, but neither ever really shot off in the pros.
Who didn't love Texas RBs?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Who didn't love Texas RBs?
<-----This guy!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is interesting to see how many posts mentioned injury history. If we're using "what-ifs" then you can include Frank Gore in that list as well.

He was the best back at "The U" as a true freshman. Clinton Portis and Willis McGahee were still around. Had Gore not torn his ACL in both knees during his college career he very likely coulld've been a top-5 draft pick just like Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams. If not for his injury red-shirt he would've been in the 2004 Draft which was stacked with talent but the first RB taken was Steven Jackson at #24.

Last edited by phlysac : 07-24-2009 at 06:38 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank Gore is a stud, Jacobs is great but a lot of his success is from the system/oline. Gore is producing without anything really to stop teams from stacking the box.

1. Gore
2. Jacobs
3. Barber
4. Brown
5. Grant
6. Sproles
7. Benson
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
People are under the impression that Ronnie Brown is good? If you remove his one big game vs NE, he had 803 yards and 6 Td's. I doubt he torches anyone for 4 TD's anytime soon without being the QB in a gimmick formation, since they now have Pat White for that.

I'll take Gore, then Barber. Gore is a better and more productive running back than anyone else on here.

He was dominating the league in 2007 before he tore his ACL. Dude was just a beast out there. If he gets back to what he was in 07, he will be the best. Right now I'd say Gore is the best.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who the **** would vote for Barber? how does he have 13? geez. fail
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not really sure how you figure this. Brown has more rushing yards, better yards per carry, more receiving yards, better yards per reception, and obviously more combined yards. The only thing Barber has on Brown is TD's, and he was getting the majority of the carries close to the goal line in '06 and '07. I brown hasn't really "shot off" then neither has Barber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I'm not really sure how you figure this. Brown has more rushing yards, better yards per carry, more receiving yards, better yards per reception, and obviously more combined yards. The only thing Barber has on Brown is TD's, and he was getting the majority of the carries close to the goal line in '06 and '07. I brown hasn't really "shot off" then neither has Barber.
Well, Brown also went #2, and Barber went #109...when i say that Brown never really "shot off" I say it in the sense that he never really proved worthy of his draft position, and has also had some mega health issues that have prevented him from taking off in the sense that he should of. Barber, I love his running style, and in my opinion, has done more to distinguish himself then Brown, as he is regarded as one of the most physical runners in football. Just my opinion of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VernonLawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, Brown also went #2, and Barber went #109...when i say that Brown never really "shot off" I say it in the sense that he never really proved worthy of his draft position, and has also had some mega health issues that have prevented him from taking off in the sense that he should of. Barber, I love his running style, and in my opinion, has done more to distinguish himself then Brown, as he is regarded as one of the most physical runners in football. Just my opinion of course.
I would say that has something to do with the fact he plays for the Cowboys as well. The question really isn't "who's the best for their draft position," but who's been the best RB? Personally, I'd say Gore has been the most productive, and I'd say he's been the "best." But I'd put Brown ahead of Barber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
It's too bad for all of Cadillac's injuries. I feel like we all could be making a legit case for him right now if he wasn't so unlucky.
The same here, that is why i went with Frank Gore.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote