Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-20-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took summer classes at a CC. Definitely much different from a University. It wasn't really for me, but I can see why others would go there.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I had fun at JC. You never have to deal with a TA teaching a class and since the professors aren't under any real pressure to publish, they actually get to focus on, well, teaching. Classes are small and you get honest feedback most of the time.

Honestly, JC is even less like high school than freshman year at a 4-year university is in all the ways that most 18 year olds will care about. No one will hold your hand, most of the material will be a significant step up from senior year and the material that isn't is at least a great deal more specific. I personally think it's a great system and is a great choice for people who are willing to sacrifice experiencing the cultural concept of "college life". You will find people who are young and smart, probably way more than you expect. But JC isn't there for socializing, it's there for you to work hard and make the next step to a school you really want to go to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yeah, Community College was great for me. Saved **** ton of money, got all my basics out of the way, as well as a couple classes that I needed for my major at Univeristy. They are really helpful when it comes to what credits will transfer and what won't. It really isn't anything like high school despite the jokes you hear about it. It is a mature environment, great teachers and kids who really want to learn.

Of course if I I could go back and had the means, I would have certainly liked to go to a 4yr university from the start and experience the whole campus life. But CC was great for me and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to save some cash or just wants to get there basics out of the way quickly.
What these guys said.

Plus, the amount of cleavage at community college...good God. I didn't go to a public high school, so on my first day I was in awe.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not doing the CC route, but I took some dual enrollment classes at one and I can tell you that what others have said about CC is true. Sure, the basic classes have alot of drop-out goof balls, but the teachers are top-notch and the environment allows you to get to know them.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a question for everyone who is in college: Are the average high school GPA's of people who get accepted into the university numbers inflated? I've seen like for Loyola at NO that the average is 3.6 but I know someone who graduated from High School with a 3.9 out of 5 (would be like a 3.0 out of 4 I believe) and got accepted, and I've seen several others get into other universities with lower grades than what appears there.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
I have a question for everyone who is in college: Are the average high school GPA's of people who get accepted into the university numbers inflated? I've seen like for Loyola at NO that the average is 3.6 but I know someone who graduated from High School with a 3.9 out of 5 (would be like a 3.0 out of 4 I believe) and got accepted, and I've seen several others get into other universities with lower grades than what appears there.
that's why you use class rank.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Class rank is ********. A school didn't accept me solely because of my class rank even though I took basically every hard class my school had to offer, and they accepted my friend who was in the 80% percentlile but took **** like pottery and crafts.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
that's why you use class rank.
I don't get what you're saying, how do I ''use'' class rank?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plastic cups, paper towels, a lighter even if you don't smoke, gum.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Class rank is ********. A school didn't accept me solely because of my class rank even though I took basically every hard class my school had to offer, and they accepted my friend who was in the 80% percentlile but took **** like pottery and crafts.
I don't know about most schools but my high school accounted for class difficulty with regards to class rank.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Class rank is ********.
Not in Texas. If you are in the Top 10%, you get automatic acceptance at any state university. Which is why UT and A&M are the biggest opponents of it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I don't know about most schools but my high school accounted for class difficulty with regards to class rank.

Mine didn't. They flat out told me on my rejection letter that I didn't get in because of class rank and that's the only thing they mentioned. My ACT score was like 6 points higher than their average too.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Not in Texas. If you are in the Top 10%, you get automatic acceptance at any state university. Which is why UT and A&M are the biggest opponents of it.

Well due to me being a dumbass and not trying in high school that wouldn't have helped me out at all, that's pretty cool though.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Has anyone here attended community college? I'll be starting in August, just curious if anyone here has had any experiences from there that would be helpful.
I attend Community College in Canada, I'm currently in my 6th (and final) semester. It's significantly cheaper, but it's a bit harder to socialize with people. If of course, you want to socialize. There are no big clubs, just a few geeky ones nobody is in. The campus is pretty small too so there's not a whole lot to do. But there are some nice professors who actually have experience in the field. I've been taking some investment courses and my professors have actually worked in brokerage houses so they have real experience. Not sure about University.

Anyways, i am attending University in Canada this fall though, and I've gotten about 1.5 years credit for a 4 year degree. Looking forward to the experience, but I'll still be living at home.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 07-27-2009 at 05:09 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well due to me being a dumbass and not trying in high school that wouldn't have helped me out at all, that's pretty cool though.
Not true, in this state, you get GPA boosts for taking Pre-AP or AP classes.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know UF rated my DE classes a full grade point higher.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:

Yeah, and pretty much every high school in my area does it that way except for mine. Oh well.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ramen Noodles is a good thing......

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote