Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 07-24-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Kick ass seats, in the metrodome? ;)
Yes, there aren't many kick ass seats in the Metrodome, but 5 rows up on the 45 behind the visitor's bench... yeah, they kick much ass.

See why i married my wife? :D
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Yes, there aren't many kick ass seats in the Metrodome, but 5 rows up on the 45 behind the visitor's bench... yeah, they kick much ass.

Your one of those damn gold diggers ;)
Old 07-25-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

*****. NOW, you know who DJP is :D

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kick ass seats, in the metrodome? ;)
Actually the Metrodome is a great stadium for football, viewing wise.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Actually the Metrodome is a great stadium for football, viewing wise.
Like you said Viewing wise.. Aren't there some seats that are labeled " obstructed view"?

I've been to 3 or 4 games there. Never been impressed with the whole experience. The Twins are my team and I don't even get too excited when I go to the metrodome to see them play. It simply sucks. Maybe you'll luck out and Ziggy will hook it up for you in the near future.

I know you may think my Packer bias may playing here, but going to a game at Lambeau really isn't even comparable to a game in Minny.

Arrowhead and Denver are much better as well.

That is about all I have to compare the metrodome to.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 07-26-2009 at 06:19 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like you said Viewing wise.. Aren't there some seats that are labeled " obstructed view"?

I've been to 3 or 4 games there. Never been impressed with the whole experience. The Twins are my team and I don't even get too excited when I go to the metrodome to see them play. It simply sucks. Maybe you'll luck out and Ziggy will hook it up for you in the near future.

I know you may think my Packer bias may playing here, but going to a game at Lambeau really isn't even comparable to a game in Minny.

Arrowhead and Denver are much better as well.

That is about all I have to compare the metrodome to.
No seats are obstructed for football. It was built primarily for football. The baseball views are horrible.

The Metrodome, other than the fact that the concourses are too narrow and there aren't enough suites, is perfectly fine for football.

And you haven't been to the Dome during the hey days apparently. 1998 season I have never gotten more chills in my life. Also, the playoff game last year was pretty kick ass for the first half.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been to a Vikes game in a while, but judging by the ones I have been to, it gets REALLY loud in there.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
*****. NOW, you know who DJP is :D
Am i reading this wrong, or did you just call myself or my wife a *****?

And i do feel stupid about the DJP thing.... i thought that you were talking about a real person for some reason or another.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
No seats are obstructed for football. It was built primarily for football. The baseball views are horrible.
On stubhub they're listed as obstructed.

Quote:
And you haven't been to the Dome during the hey days apparently. 1998 season I have never gotten more chills in my life. Also, the playoff game last year was pretty kick ass for the first half.
You got chills b/c its your team. Everyone does.
I's alright. but most other stadiums are much better to see a game at.

I realize its a matter of opinion, but a lot of opinions don't seem to favor the Metrodome.
http://www.rankopedia.com/ZoneID=3/2...tep1/17484.htm
http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=2569521

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Metrodome doesn't have many bad seats. I was in there for Gopher games during my frosh year because I worked for athletic communications and I can tell you that the baseball press box is a kick ass spot to watch a game from.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Vikings cut Charles Gordon today because he failed his physical. Sad to see him go. I was always a fan of his but I guess he wasnt a need after we signed Paymah(sp?) and Asher Allen. Although with this we free up a roster spot...so could the signing of Favre becoming? We shall see in the next couple days.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We waived Charles Gordon today.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_12923060

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Well the Vikings cut Charles Gordon today because he failed his physical. Sad to see him go. I was always a fan of his but I guess he wasnt a need after we signed Paymah(sp?) and Asher Allen. Although with this we free up a roster spot...so could the signing of Favre becoming? We shall see in the next couple days.
Damn, just beat me. lol

Old 07-27-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Damn, just beat me. lol
Well you provided the link lol.

Edit:

I just saw the Access Vikings on the http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/ site that the Vikings have 81 players on their roster and they can only have 80 at the start of training camp. Therefore we will need to cut at least 3 people because we will need to make room for Phil Loadholt and Percy Harvin. Then if Favre decides to come back we will have to cut one more. So start expecting couple more cuts.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Last edited by The Dynasty : 07-27-2009 at 12:35 PM.
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****** weak. Gordon was really solid as a nickel back last year.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was surprised when I saw the Vikings waived Charles Gordon... I guess that ankle injur really messed him up very badly, It's sad he was playing well.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, it surprised me that they wouldn't have at least put him on the PUP list. I guess he wasn't as far along as he expected to be.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre staying retired:
Quote:
Judd just received a phone call from Brad Childress who said he talked to Brett Favre and that he was informed that Favre is staying retired. Childress cited the daily grind both mentally and physically as part of the reason why Favre remained retired.

“I just think it was a rare opportunity to explore a Hall of Fame quarterback who had background in the NFC and in this division,” Childress said. “He knows our system inside out … This doesn’t change anything about how I feel about our football team.”

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Am i reading this wrong, or did you just call myself or my wife a *****?
NO, I was not calling your wife a *****. I was calling you one cause you get free tickets :(. I heard you wife is really hot though :D

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Ok, Favre is not coming back.
Lets move on then.

Get this 8-8 season over with so Childress can get fired and we can bring in a coach that will get us a real QB.

Yeah, im not happy.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

I'm just annoyed more than anything. Favre just likes to jerk people off to get the constant attention. This is what i've always hated Favre for more than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if his name shows up again during this NFL season.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Favre.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
**** Favre.

These two words sum up this entire situation.

Seriously, he went from the entire NFL fanbase except the NFC North being all over his nuts to everyone except Packer fans hating his guts. Good job Brett!

If he tries to change his mind again I hope Childress tells him to **** off.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Per PFT, Loadholt has signed. No contract details yet.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Per PFT, Loadholt has signed. No contract details yet.
Good, hopefully Harvin is soon to follow.