Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-30-2009, 06:49 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I think you'll find a fair few people who disagree about the Broncos being the top team in NRL history. Of the last 20 years, undoubtedly, but the Roosters, Souths and the Dragons have all won the competition more and have incredibly decorated pasts.
Anyone disagreeing would be wrong, they've won more premierships divided by years in existence as a club by far.

Roosters and Dragons all time will have them beat, but neither have been as dominant over the past 20 yrs.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Anyone disagreeing would be wrong, they've won more premierships divided by years in existence as a club by far.

Roosters and Dragons all time will have them beat, but neither have been as dominant over the past 20 yrs.
Well nobody is contesting their premiership to season ratio. I was merely contesting the fact that they are the greatest team of all time, which they are not.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I currently live in West Chester, PA. It's a college town with good proximity to Philadelphia, New York City, Baltimore, etc... Pretty rich area so some people are snobs, but generally a good place. I only have one semester left here. :(
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Virginia Beach... has no waves
almost 500,000 people
Lots of famous people have lived or were born in or around the city. Percy Harvin Bruce Smith are two
Kind of a boring suburbia but also has a rural area called Pungo which is nice and we also have 1 skyscraper now downtown

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Last edited by neko4 : 07-30-2009 at 08:46 AM.
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mission, Texas.

Population was at 45k in 2000. The best thing you can probably say about the city is that it's 10 minutes away from McAllen, which is the best city in the Rio Grande Valley. The people generally are very nice, mostly Hispanic population. The food is absolutely great though, and it is the home to the Ruby Red Grapefruit. If you ever eat one, chances are, it was grown here.

Also was home to John Shary, William Jennings Bryan, Kika De La Garza, Lloyd Bentsen, Sonny Detmer, Koy Detmer, and one Mr. Thomas Wade Landry.

"Oh, you're a Cowboys fan? How so?"

"Yeah, i was raised next to Tom Landry's house".
Old 07-30-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hamilton, Ontario

Sports, we got Hamilton Bulldogs and Tiger-Cats, maybe an NHL team one day?

Apparently, Hamilton is the fattest city in Canada and I believe it. City is dirty and boring. The girls are well...not much better to be honest.

As for famous people....Martin Short, Eugene Levy, Dave Andreychuk, Ray Emery, Pat Quinn, Jeff Joslin off the top of my head.

And since its been mentioned already, Flint is our sister-city...now stop kicking our ass in CANUSA competitions.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackJaxx View Post
Vallejo. pretty much known for mac dre, E40, CC, and jahvid.
its fun at night as long as you travel through the right neighborhoods, never the crest, learned that the hard way.
our sports scene is pretty solid, since a lot of hoop talent flows through the area and the football talent is usually solid.
our girls are all rippers and very unsafe, (think ron mexico) but we know how to ******* party.
overall, solid place to live.

Your forgot about the Zodiac Killer. Zodiac put Vallejo, CA on the map, he's still around too.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sioux Falls, SD

About 1/4 million people. It has the suburban town feeling cause there are no real tall buildings. The tallest building is 8 stories... But there are a lot of people. Good jobs. Nice homes. Good place to start a family. The girls are amazing. Girls in cowboy boots and cowboy hats is always hot. No we are not all related... That's only on the indian reservations. Sioux Falls is growing rapidly. About 2k a year.

Chad Greenway is the only guy I can think of that grew up remotely close to Sioux Falls. He grew up in Mt. Vernon, SD, which is about 30 minutes west.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was born in Mobile, AL, home of the Senior Bowl, the primary conduit for college FB players to audition for the NFL Draft. I grew up ~4-5 blocks from Ladd Stadium & my father & I used to walk to the Senior Bowl games every January, it made me the hardcore draftnik that I am.

NFL active o-linemen Chris Samuels (Bama) & Willie Anderson (Auburn) are from Mobile. So are Hank Aaron, Willie McCovey, & Satchel Paige, they have stadiums & streets named after them. Only NYC & Chicago have more natives in the Baseball HoF in Cooperstown than Mobile (pop. 200,000), which has 5 HoF members. Actor Orlando Jones & author Winston Groom, who wrote Forrest Gump, are from there, as is Jimmy Buffett.

Mobile is the wettest city in the nation, only Seattle has an equal or > annual in. of rain -- you could set your watch by the 3 PM rain every day in the summers, makes life very indoorsy & boring. The 1st submarine to sink a ship, the CSS Hunley, was built there from a steam boiler in the Civil War. The whole city of Mobile is obsessed with Mardi Gras, & it was celebrated there 3 yrs. before New Orleans was founded -- we are also 4-5 yrs. older than NOLA, founded 1702 by the same French, & we love to rub their noses in it.

My family moved to San Antonio, TX in the mid-60s, where I experienced the sociocultural juggernaut phenomenon known as the Dallas Cowboys, but that's another story.....

I live in San Jose, CA now, the most Wired City in America, the beating heart of the internet. The biggest server farms in the nation are located just down the street.

Lots of musicians are from here: Chuck Berry, one of the inventors of rock & roll, Nicky Sixx from Motley Crue, the Doobie Bros, Count 5 (anybody remember Psychotic Reaction?), & Smashmouth, Rancid, Manmade God, Xiu Xiu, & of course musical genius Burt Bacharach wrote Do You Know the Way to San Jose? when he lived here. Lindsay Buckingham & Stevie Nicks, who used to waitress in a local college bar, lived here before joining Fleetwood Mac.

FB players Andre Carter, Jim Plunkett, 9ers kicker Joe Nedney, from this neighborhood, Trent Edwards, Jeff Garcia (the San Jose St. Athletic Dept weight room is named for him), & the late Pat Tillman (RIP) are from San Jose. HCs Bill Walsh & his former asst. Mike Holmgren have roots here. World Champion/Olympic gold medalist figure skaters Peggy Fleming, who's a local goddess, & Rudy Galindo, who's dying from AIDS, are from here. Womens soccer player Brandi Chastain & actor Kevin Pollack went to HS here too.

There are active movements to relocate the Oakland A's & the SF 49ers to the South Bay area, I'll believe it when it happens & not before.

Last edited by LizardState : 07-30-2009 at 06:43 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm from this little town in Hawaii called Laie. It's so small but the funny thing is a lot of athletes most of us know have ties to the town.

Manti Te'o - Notre Dame LB
Xavier Sua'filo - UCLA OT
Roby Toma - Notre Dame WR
Me, of course
Al Afalava - Oregon State / Chicago Bears S
Leonard Peters - Hawaii / Chicago Bears / USA Rugby
Chris Kemoeatu - Pittsburghe Steelers OL
Maake Kemoeatu - Panthers DL
Benji Kemoeatu - West Virginia DL
Jray Galeai - BYU S
Shilo Te'o - BYU S
Malosi Te'o - BYU RB
Ken Nuimatalolo - Navy HC
Kalani Sitake - Utah DC
Aaron Francisco - Cardinals DB

Those are the ones I can name off the top of my head but there's more.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Sioux Falls, SD

About 1/4 million people. It has the suburban town feeling cause there are no real tall buildings. The tallest building is 8 stories... But there are a lot of people. Good jobs. Nice homes. Good place to start a family. The girls are amazing. Girls in cowboy boots and cowboy hats is always hot. No we are not all related... That's only on the indian reservations. Sioux Falls is growing rapidly. About 2k a year.

Chad Greenway is the only guy I can think of that grew up remotely close to Sioux Falls. He grew up in Mt. Vernon, SD, which is about 30 minutes west.
My mom lives there, I ******* love Sioux Falls. I almost went to Augustana, and sometimes I wish I would have.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote