Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
This story makes me laugh....a lot.
Your offseason makes me laugh... a lot.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
fact is that id take a QB like Hasselbeck and Flacco or even Campbell before Id take a QB that has been 2 years out of the league. if he shows that he is good again, then maybe, to rank him there right now is dumb.
If Hasselbeck goes back to playing like he did a few years ago, sure I can see it. But last year he was terrible, and he's old, with injury concerns. I don't think many people will agree with you that Jason Campbell is better than Vick. Since I was living in DC briefly, I got to see a lot of him. He's a slow decision maker and about the complete opposite of a playmaker. How many touchdowns did he throw for? 12? Joe Flacco has a big arm, but so does Vick. Flacco wasn't exactly a beast last year. He only threw for 14 touchdowns, and failed to get to 3,000 yards. IIRC, he also sucked in the playoffs. He could get better and eventually be a better QB than Vick, but Vick was a much more effective QB as far as leading the team downfield and scoring in the past than Flacco was last year.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're all fools if you wouldn't take Vick. Think of how dominant he was in Madden, dammit! That's all that matters. Probably the second-greatest video game athlete ever.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
You're all fools if you wouldn't take Vick. Think of how dominant he was in Madden, dammit! That's all that matters. Probably the second-greatest video game athlete ever.
id take Vick. I just wouldnt rank him near any top25 over guys that actually played good or above average last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
If Hasselbeck goes back to playing like he did a few years ago, sure I can see it. But last year he was terrible, and he's old, with injury concerns. I don't think many people will agree with you that Jason Campbell is better than Vick. Since I was living in DC briefly, I got to see a lot of him. He's a slow decision maker and about the complete opposite of a playmaker. How many touchdowns did he throw for? 12? Joe Flacco has a big arm, but so does Vick. Flacco wasn't exactly a beast last year. He only threw for 14 touchdowns, and failed to get to 3,000 yards. IIRC, he also sucked in the playoffs. He could get better and eventually be a better QB than Vick, but Vick was a much more effective QB as far as leading the team downfield and scoring in the past than Flacco was last year.

How many yards and TDs did Vick throw for last year? or the year before that?

just because u couldve ranked him there 2 years ago doesnt mean he is still gonna be that good.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
As much as I know how important Vick was with the Falcons (Vick was 40-30-1 as a starter and the team was 9-20 without him), I think it is too much to think that he will return to his old self right away (or at all). The rest of the guys may not be as Vick was 2 years ago, but at least they have been playing and practicing in the NFL and have access to an NFL playbook.

Let's not forget that Vick is getting older and can't rely on his athleticism as much as he used to. He is going to need to learn how to read defenses and throw accurately. If he can put enough practice in, he could improve in these areas, but he has to be really dedicated.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Why would Urlacher even tell this to Bobby Wade?
thats exactly why this is just '****'.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm glad you have a sense of humor. You'll need it everytime Orton tries to throw a pass longer than 8 yards.
To be fair, you're not exactly getting a guy with a great deep ball either. Cutler may have a rocket arm, but his accuracy is horrible on the deep ones.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what i'm baffled by is how does Bobby Wade get on a radio show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
what i'm baffled by is how does Bobby Wade get on a radio show?
Its Minnesota...

RoP, just stop arguing. Nobody agrees with you anyways.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:50 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
To be fair, you're not exactly getting a guy with a great deep ball either. Cutler may have a rocket arm, but his accuracy is horrible on the deep ones.
nothing can be worse than Orton throwing deep

EDIT:

Quote:
Middle linebacker Brian Urlacher and quarterback Jay Cutler laughed off a supposed rift between the two of them that took on a life of its own Wednesday after Vikings receiver Bobby Wade, a former Bear, told a Minnesota radio station that Urlacher had called Cutler a disparaging name.

“Nothing happened,” Urlacher said. “I saw Bobby at a place somewhere and I was talking to him, but I never said what was quoted as me saying, and that’s it. I have a lot of respect for Jay. I think Jay knows that. I’ve already talked to him. There’s never been an issue with Jay and me.

“Jay is the leader of our team. He’s our quarterback. He’s our Pro Bowl quarterback and he gives us the best chance to win a Super Bowl, and I’m happy to have him."

Cutler didn’t know anything about the situation until he received a call from Urlacher.

“I just got done working out and he called me, and we laughed about it,” Cutler said. “It came from Minnesota and the Vikings up there, so I didn’t put any stock into it. I know Brian didn’t. Brian and I have had a good relationship since I got here, and I expect it to continue that way.”

The controversy snowballed later Wednesday when rumors of a confrontation between Urlacher and Cutler were recklessly fueled on sports radio and the Internet.

“I don’t know what’s going on with all these stories about us fighting,” Urlacher said. “I don’t know what’s been said, what’s been going on. But we have no problems. I’m excited about football starting. I’m excited to have him as our quarterback.”

Cutler smiled when asked about a report that he had gotten in Urlacher’s face during a dispute.

“I wouldn’t go face-to-face with Brian anyway, first of all, but secondly, no, that’s never happened,” Cutler said. “I’ve hung out with Brian away from the facility numerous times and we’ve always got along. There’s nothing between us, so let’s put that to rest. There never has been anything between us. When I talked to him [Wednesday], we both laughed about it.”
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=5957

take that for what its worth

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 07-31-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a team that would rough up Benson in practice. If they don't like a guy's attitude they are much more likely to say it.

Cutler is a cray baby and everyone knows that. He's just stating the obvious.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Don't worry, the other poster has no idea what he is talking about.

Matt Ryan was excellent last season, and definitely contributed to Michael Turner's huge season. Great leader as well.
So contributing to Turners success automatically makes you a top 10 QB? Did you even read what I said or what was said?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote