Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 07-31-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
I'm not a huge Nationals fan myself (still loyal to the O's) but I live in DC and I'm a baseball fan so I still follow them.

What the hell is this team doing!?!? No activity at the trade deadline? (McEnroe voice) YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS?!?!

Hire a freakin real GM and start rebuilding asap. There has GOT to be interest for Nick Johnson, Willingham, and especially Adam Dunn...there HAS to be...Why on god's green earth are you not shopping these guys.

You are going to lose 100 freaking games! You are nowhere close to competing in the future. You are NOT loaded with young talent and potential. Your farm system is rather weak.

Not to mention, you can trade those players...get some young talent back AND save some money to.......Sign Strasburg! I can see the backlash from their fans already if they don't sign him.

Well you could say...so what if they don't sign him they will have picks 1A and 1B next year. Well Bryce Harper is going to be the number 1 pick....Boras Client...probably going to ask for the same money as Strasburg. Plus Strasburg says he wants to play for the Padres instead.

I'm just wowed by the ineptitude of this teams front office. I really feel sorry for this team, for their fans. They have no direction, and there is really no end in sight. Attendence numbers are already horrible...They are going to have to rebuild Rays style and trade Zimmerman eventually and get about 8 straight number 1 picks so they can compete in 2020.

Forgot about Acta gettin fired...just adds to the chaos.
I will agree with you that this team should sell a few of their players like Josh Willingham, Nick Johnson, and Joe Bemiel but Adam Dunn should be off limits. Adam is one of the only marketable players on the roster and he seems to actually enjoy playing in DC. Peter Gammons reported the Nationals and Marlins are close on a del for Nick Johnson and they were going to trade Willingham to the Giants before this past week when his asking price got higher.

I highly disagree with your comment about the team lacking young talent. The Nationals have a ton of young starting pitchers with strong potential in John Lannan, Jordan Zimmermann, Ross Detweiler, Shairon Martis, and Tyler Clippard. Collin Balester and J.D. Martin haven't been too bad either in limited work. The team could use young position players, especially middle infielders, though.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out my recap of tonight's Potomac Nationals game on my blog
Old 08-03-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decent little trade of Nick Johnson...at least they turned him into something of value...they are still so far away though.

Kevin, I didn't say they don't have young talent. Just not enough to be sitting on your hands at the trade deadline. You're right, they do have some decent young pithers. J Zimm and Detwiler will be solid, I like them. The rest are ok I guess...they don't really do much for me though.

They do have some decent young talent, but not nearly enough. Their farm system is still probably below average right now if I had to make a quick guess.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Decent little trade of Nick Johnson...at least they turned him into something of value...they are still so far away though.

Kevin, I didn't say they don't have young talent. Just not enough to be sitting on your hands at the trade deadline. You're right, they do have some decent young pithers. J Zimm and Detwiler will be solid, I like them. The rest are ok I guess...they don't really do much for me though.

They do have some decent young talent, but not nearly enough. Their farm system is still probably below average right now if I had to make a quick guess.
The farm system is very weak. Especially in the infield.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
The farm system is very weak. Especially in the infield.
I really don't get why we keep stockpiling mid-level arms, when there's a glaring need to bring in middle infielder prospects.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
I really don't get why we keep stockpiling mid-level arms, when there's a glaring need to bring in middle infielder prospects.
Probably hoping to be able to package 2 or 3 middle of the road pitchers for a major league ready middle infielder at some point
Old 08-03-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

HChu are you the daily visitor I get from Lorton for my blog?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HChu are you the daily visitor I get from Lorton for my blog?
I assume so.

BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Anyone have anything you want me to ask Craig Stammen?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone have anything you want me to ask Craig Stammen?
Was there ever a time when it seemed like people didn't even care how bad they were/how much they were losing. 99% sure of a PC answer but worth a shot.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

Dear God, Zimmermann is done for 18 months. Scott Boras somewhere is cackling.

BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
Dear God, Zimmermann is done for 18 months. Scott Boras somewhere is cackling.
I wrote on my blog today about how 50 million dollars for Strasburg could be a bargain. Check it out at www.teddyneverwins.com.

Also rumor has it that Strasburg's parents are pressuring him to sign with the nats to avoid sitting out a year and being the 3rd pick next year(After the Nats don't take him with their top two picks). They are smart enough to realize that the sooner he starts this contract, the sooner he gets the big FA payday
Old 12-21-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

The Nats signed Jason Marquis to a 2 year deal today. Great signing IMO
Old 12-21-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

Quote:
The Nats signed Jason Marquis to a 2 year deal today. Great signing IMO
Solid signing. We had to overpay, but that's the nature of the beast. Matt Capps looks like he will soon be a Nat. I would not at all be surprised for the Nats to be in decent standing heading into the All-Star break, but then faltering after and eventually falling from contention. Probably won't actually end up happening, but would be fun if it did happen.

BoneKrusher
Old 12-21-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I think I might get season tickets this year. you should too HChu. We could sit together
Old 12-21-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

Quote:
I think I might get season tickets this year. you should too HChu. We could sit together
I've already got Caps season tickets to worry about; I'm definitely gonna make an effort to get to a lot of games this year. And depending on where Strasburg ends up, I'll be at some P-Nats games as well.

BoneKrusher