Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rate my team

Ok, I got a game in mind to make things a little more interesting this offseason.

This is different to most, "rate my team threads" I don't want anyone to put together their "all time" current or past team. What I want is this:

I make this initial post as a Carolina Panthers fan. The next fan rates the carolina panthers in their currents state and then at the end says

"my team: whatever" The next person then rates their team and gives their reasons why.

If you're a fan of the same team rate the team above you, then just put a different team down so we don't get two in a row. Please don't just say "ur teem sucks lawl ***" I want something interesting.

My team: Carolina Panthers

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carolina Panthers= C+

i honestly do not understand how this team does not make the super bowl every year- they seem to have every position covered on paper but they underachieve

New York Giants: ___

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
Carolina Panthers= C+

i honestly do not understand how this team does not make the super bowl every year- they seem to have every position covered on paper but they underachieve

I'm sick of seeing Giants fans hyping up Brandon Jacobs hasn't done a thing. When i was reading the McGahee thread, several giants fans made it seem like if it happened Jacobs would start and take the majority of the carries which is ridiculous. I think barring the giants make qb changes this team isn't going anywhere unless eli manning makes vast improvments.

D+
Old 02-28-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carolina Panthers= C+

NYG = B-

I can't stand watching this team play. Some weeks they come out and look like they're superbowl bound and absolutely untouchable. Other times you wonder how they're considered an NFL franchise. They're headline players are characterized by inconsistency and the franchise always appears to be in need of coaches. Other than that, the future seems bright with eli, Moss, shockey and co.

Oh yeah, btw, not rebutting, I feel the same way about the Panthers, point to note, they've been second last in the league in the least 3 years as far as players missing starts go. Thats in all three years.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Carolina Panthers= C+

b-

give them oline depth and 1-2 playmaking DBs and they are solid contenders
Old 02-28-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Nanoed

Washington D

Their owner thinks he knows more than he does. Gibbs needs to retire before he ruins his legacy. The defense was amazingly good, but lets its start talent walk and instead signed FA's to help score points. They traded away a good QB in favor of a rookie (though he has been good). Snyder is going to be the death of a once feared franchise and probably portis' career. IMO Portis and Shaun Taylor and two players I love to watch. Unfortunatley I usually watch them get beaten.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans Saints: _____

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

whoops double post, still having issues with the forum

Last edited by BlindSite : 02-28-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

You have to rate the team above you, even if they've been done. Don't be lazy.

New Orleans B+

This team is still in rebuild mode and is still a few pieces of the puzzle away. At times the offense is dominant and the front seven is stifling. There are serious questions at linebacker and at cornerback. Without Joe Horn who's only got fumes left in the tank their receiving corp is rather thin. Their offensive line has been a pleasant surprise.

Peyton is a great young coach, but it'll be interesting to see how he goes after teams have a lot more film and tendencies to study. This team is on the up, but with such a tough divison and key positions lacking I doubt they can repeat their performance last year.

Team: Arizona Cardinals.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
You have to rate the team above you, even if they've been done. Don't be lazy.

New Orleans B+

This team is still in rebuild mode and is still a few pieces of the puzzle away. At times the offense is dominant and the front seven is stifling. There are serious questions at linebacker and at cornerback. Without Joe Horn who's only got fumes left in the tank their receiving corp is rather thin. Their offensive line has been a pleasant surprise.

Peyton is a great young coach, but it'll be interesting to see how he goes after teams have a lot more film and tendencies to study. This team is on the up, but with such a tough divison and key positions lacking I doubt they can repeat their performance last year.

Team: Arizona Cardinals.
C

They have it on offense..got a good coach, great WRs, good RB and a great future QB..no OL however and defensivly..they have some real good players like Berry/Dansby/Hayes/Wilson..they just need to beef up the CB and DL a bit and i think they are legit contenders.

New England PATRIOTS
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
New Orleans Saints: _____
B

I'm amazed at what Gary Gibbs was able to do on defense, especially since they really don't much talent beyond Will Smith and Charles Grant on that side of the ball.

The offense was amazing this season, and if they can add some depth and competition on the offensive line, they should be even better.

This is a team that needs to go into the offseason and acquire depth, because they need it at virtually every position besides wide receiver and running back. If they get bitten by the injury bug year, they could be in trouble, but if they stay healthy, I'd expect good things.

Jacksonville Jaguars:____
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Nanoed

Washington D

Their owner thinks he knows more than he does. Gibbs needs to retire before he ruins his legacy. The defense was amazingly good, but lets its start talent walk and instead signed FA's to help score points. They traded away a good QB in favor of a rookie (though he has been good). Snyder is going to be the death of a once feared franchise and probably portis' career. IMO Portis and Shaun Taylor and two players I love to watch. Unfortunatley I usually watch them get beaten.
that might be the worst evaluation ever written. 1st, love or hate danny but at least he wants to win and puts everything he can.

2. how can you ruin his legacy? Are ypu suddenly going to forget he won 3 superbowls because he had a few losing seasons?

3. Are you talking about our 31st ranked d?

4. Patrick Ramsey the third ranked QB on the Jets depth chart? He got beaten out by a rookie and a half armed chad pennington.

5. How is Daniel Snyder Killing Clinton Portis' career?

6. I guess you missed o5 where we went 10-6 including a 6 game winning streak.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
B

I'm amazed at what Gary Gibbs was able to do on defense, especially since they really don't much talent beyond Will Smith and Charles Grant on that side of the ball.

The offense was amazing this season, and if they can add some depth and competition on the offensive line, they should be even better.

This is a team that needs to go into the offseason and acquire depth, because they need it at virtually every position besides wide receiver and running back. If they get bitten by the injury bug year, they could be in trouble, but if they stay healthy, I'd expect good things.

Jacksonville Jaguars:____
B

I was expecting a playoff appearance, especially after your start to the season. I think having Leftwitch back will help this year, and Drew is a stud at RB. I like your WR's, when they catch the ball, but they need to be more consistent.

Defensively I had high hopes. You've got two studs in the middle but it seemed like you'd show up one game, and then disappear the next. You'd crush the Jets, then lose to the Texans.

Chicago Bears_____:

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

B+: Despite the dominant defense, and trip to the Super Bowl, they still have a major question mark at the most important position on the field, and the Lovie situation looks like it could get ugly. They're in good hands with Angelo, and if Grossman can be more consistent they should be very good for a long time.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the tampa bay bucs
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
that might be the worst evaluation ever written. 1st, love or hate danny but at least he wants to win and puts everything he can.

2. how can you ruin his legacy? Are ypu suddenly going to forget he won 3 superbowls because he had a few losing seasons?

4. Patrick Ramsey the third ranked QB on the Jets depth chart? He got beaten out by a rookie and a half armed chad pennington.

1. So what? He's an asshole and maligns everyone around him. Mike Nolan one of the NFLs best DC's before he became the brilliant HC he is hated working with Snyder. In interviews the first thing Snyder does is talk about how awesome he is and how he got rich... He insists everyone, even his family who work for him call him "Mr. Snyder" he's an asshole, he doesn't know **** about the game of football and he's got a lot of money. That's daniel Snyder.

2.No one will forget his legacy but he'll forever be known as the guy who won three superbowls and then tried to recapture his glory days but failed... miserably.

3. I'm talking about the D that was ranked 2 in the NFL behind pittsburgh in 04.

4.Patrick Ramsey played very, very well down the stretch in 04 throwing to chris cooley and an injured Coles.

5. Because he is always insistent on passing the ball more, that's why he went out and got a new QB and that's why he got new WRs. He wants his game centred around passing. Doing so is going to kill Portis' career. He needs to be fed, early and often, not as a second tier player.

6. When was your last trip to a conference championship, or for that matter past the divisonal round of the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
the tampa bay bucs

A team that's in between. Everything hinges on Chris Simms and Cadillac williams. If those two fire, then there's no stopping the team, even with an aging defense. imo they've got a two year window. I don't know if they'll use it though. They need some help with playmakers at WR and some youth in the front seven and secondary.

Detroit Lions.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

F-

Seahawks

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
F-

Seahawks
F- because there kicker sucks!!!!!!!!!!11oneone
Old 02-28-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks=B+

With Alexander and Hasselback being healthy they are one of the top teams in the NFC. Their oline is nice even without hutchinson and they have some solid wide recievers in Branch and Jackson(if he stays there). Their D has alot of talent and they should do better this year, they could have one of the best LB corps in the NFL. If their D is at least solid they will make the playoffs.

My Team=Cincinnati Bengals

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post

Your ruin everything, by A. letting your divsion rival comes out between you and the Giants during your first post in this thread and B. went out on someone when they went after your team.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Browns______
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Seahawks=B+

With Alexander and Hasselback being healthy they are one of the top teams in the NFC. Their oline is nice even without hutchinson and they have some solid wide recievers in Branch and Jackson(if he stays there). Their D has alot of talent and they should do better this year, they could have one of the best LB corps in the NFL. If their D is at least solid they will make the playoffs.

My Team=Cincinnati Bengals
B-
Very Talented Young QB, At this point in time, one great RB and another good 3rd down back. Talented offensive line, with some young players seeing time. Great WR core, with one trouble maker(Chris Henry), TE isn't a huge with in the Bengals offense. Defensive line is staying together one more season with Smith being the FT player, but i have heard they could be moving to 3-4 in a season or two. Has alot of potential at DT,should be fine this season on the defensive line. LB could be a need depending on what they do after the release of Brian Simmons and the David pollackcoming back from a pretty bad injury. They need to start perparing for another young CB in there secondary to help out Johnathan Joseph. Also they could add another Safety to help out Madieu Williams.

My Team: Tennessee Titans

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans: C

They really suprised me this year, although I figured they'd suprise and win 6 games, they won 8. Bravo!

My team: St. Louis Rams

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Titans: C

They really suprised me this year, although I figured they'd suprise and win 6 games, they won 8. Bravo!

My team: St. Louis Rams
A

I love Scott Linehan and he's got them headed in the right direction. They have an absolute truck of a running back, a rock solid qb, and two hall of fame receivers. They've added a ton of talent to their defense over the last few years and will only improve within the system. They're my early pick to win the NFC next year.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote