Originally Posted by BlindSite
1. So what? He's an asshole and maligns everyone around him. Mike Nolan one of the NFLs best DC's before he became the brilliant HC he is hated working with Snyder. In interviews the first thing Snyder does is talk about how awesome he is and how he got rich... He insists everyone, even his family who work for him call him "Mr. Snyder" he's an asshole, he doesn't know **** about the game of football and he's got a lot of money. That's daniel Snyder.
2.No one will forget his legacy but he'll forever be known as the guy who won three superbowls and then tried to recapture his glory days but failed... miserably.
3. I'm talking about the D that was ranked 2 in the NFL behind pittsburgh in 04.
4.Patrick Ramsey played very, very well down the stretch in 04 throwing to chris cooley and an injured Coles.
5. Because he is always insistent on passing the ball more, that's why he went out and got a new QB and that's why he got new WRs. He wants his game centred around passing. Doing so is going to kill Portis' career. He needs to be fed, early and often, not as a second tier player.
6. When was your last trip to a conference championship, or for that matter past the divisonal round of the playoffs?
A team that's in between. Everything hinges on Chris Simms and Cadillac williams. If those two fire, then there's no stopping the team, even with an aging defense. imo they've got a two year window. I don't know if they'll use it though. They need some help with playmakers at WR and some youth in the front seven and secondary.
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Your ruin everything, by A. letting your divsion rival comes out between you and the Giants during your first post in this thread and B. went out on someone when they went after your team.
1. Mike Nolan one of the best? Hardly... he dc'd with us for 1 year and it wasn't that great of a year.... and it's not like he's turned the 49ers d into a force to reckoned with... as i recall most of there improvement had to do with gore and not with a great d. As per Snyder being an asshole, that may well be.. i don't know.
2. Is that how you remember Bill Parcells too?
3. Yeah, the #2 d was good times.. but it was also two years ago. We've let one key player walk in Antonio Pierce and to a lesser extent Ryan Clark. Whoever else we've let go hasn't done anything since.. al la smoot, arrington etc. Our d was bad last year because we had the most injured secondary in the league.
4. Patrick Ramsey good? Are we talking about the same patrick ramsey that would lead us down the field and then throw a pick in the endzone. If he's so awesome why is 3rd on the Jets depth chart?
5. The same Portis who took more carries than he ever has in his career just in o5 or the one who took 9 less carries in o4? Saying we don't feed Portis is absolutely ridiculous.
6. The 90s
A - I gave an honest evaluation of what i think of the giants.. you do realize they weren't exactly looking awesome at the end of the year.
B - What's wrong with that? I think he made this topic to spur debate.. that's what i'm doing. I didn't realize it was agaisnt the rules to defend your team.
C - I know you're just being a hater because i said Vince Young wouldn't be good next year in my mock.
The Titans -
There D overacheieved by miles down the stretch last year... alot of people began to attribute the Titans sucess to Young, which although he deserved some of the credit for the plays he made... he would have never had the opputunity to make those plays had it not been for how ridiculously well the titans d was playing. I feel the titans d is nothing more than average and next year won't be nearly as good as they were down the stretch, thus making vince young look not so good. Vince Young and the Titans will be an average team AT BEST.