Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Lewis

I've heard good and bad about this guy. What is your realistic take on him? Did he get benched for Considine because of poor performance or for other reasons? I'd love some insight on him.

Thanks.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lewis is very stout against the runs as a SS, but his pass coverage is pretty poor. He was benched because he was getting beat on deep balls that were costing us points. He is very good at making plays though. If he can get his hands on the ball, it is most likely an interception. He was in the Pro Bowl two years ago, so he has talent.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis to improve his play next season now that he isn't a guaranteed starter in the NFL anymore. He could work his way up to being solid in coverage, but he will never be above average at it.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

I remember his pro bowl year and thought "what gives with him now"?

I think the injuries were hampering with him and he could be a solid player once given a healthy 2nd chance.

I would be all for the Browns signing him, but we have Sean Jones who is starting to be a stud.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you have a dominant or very good pass rush and/or an excellent run-stopping defense, any deficiencies you may have with your safeties and corners can be disguised. During Lewis' Pro Bowl year, the Eagles run D was pretty damn good. They forced a lot of third and longs, which are obvious passing downs. When there is obviousness, most players can excel in the right scheme.

Lewis is an above average run-stopping safety, but he is a little stiff in the hips and is also prone to bite on play-action. He blows more than his share of zone coverages as well. He can be a starter in the right system, but I don't think he can start for the Eagles anymore. I wish him the best regardless. He played hard and as well as he could for 4 seasons as an Eagle.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote