Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:42 AM    (permalink
redbuc

Just read comments from Jeff Garcia's agent. He said that if the Bucs want him Garcia would be very interested in playing there. The Bucs have the cap room to sign him, too.

Here is a link to the story:

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/2860

Thoughts?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Garcia's agent is grasping at straws and hoping a team with a shred of hope of a starting job comes around and offers his client a contract. The Eagles' not offering him a deal really hurt Garcia's chances of getting a lucrative deal. It is a shame for him personally, but I think it's just business.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden doesn't like Simms but bringing in a QB that's only got a few years may be okay if they are going to draft a young QB for the future and want him to develop

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Bruce G there young QB of the future ? I know he didn't play great last year, but for a rookie 6th round pick with not alot of help around him. I thought he did allright.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a lot of help? He had the reigning NFL OROY, a Pro Bowl caliber WR, a former NFL OROY on offense, plus a productive TE. He was just not good and not ready to play yet. BG is decent, but not incredible. I'm sure Gruden would rather have someone else.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-01-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

rumor here has it that denver will pursue him to back up cutler (radio rumor, haven't seen it printed yet). with that in mind, i think bsaza's right, that he's desperately trying to go someplace he'll start, as someplace like denver (where he'll back up and mentor a younger player) is the only other option.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They also had several rookies on the OL to go along with a rookie QB. Cadillic was the rookie of the year, but from what I seen didn't do anything special last year. Galloway had a good year, but Clayton didn't do much.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Gradkowski was not incredibly impressive this past year in relief of Simms. You can't chalk up lack of success wholly to offensive line issues. I don't give David Carr a complete pass for his lack of success either. BG is a decent player, but he did not make excellent reads and did not help his team win. Gruden didn't trust him to lead the team.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Garcia could end up in Oakland if they aren't able to get Schaub.

Quote:
Will they or won't they? If so, is it JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn? And just where does Andrew Walter fit into the long-term plans?

Not surprisingly, the Raiders' muddled quarterback situation is the focal point of new coach Lane Kiffin's attention as he attempts to transform a team fresh from the worst showing in managing general partner Al Davis' 44-year tenure.

It seems like a foregone conclusion that the Raiders will select a quarterback with the top pick in the NFL draft in April. Their decision to part ways with 2006 starter Aaron Brooks has fueled the speculation.

Further proof comes in the Raiders' pursuit of former 49ers starting quarterback Jeff Garcia as one of their top priorities once the free-agency period begins tonight at 9.
Source: http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...akland_raiders

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Last edited by Sveen : 03-01-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote