Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-16-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
whether he meant to or not, that second shot on 18 by Yang was one of the greatest shots this decade.
was it really that great? not trying to sound sarcastic.

given the circumstances, it was clutch. i'm no golf expert, but one of the greatest this decade?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post

given the circumstances, it was clutch. i'm no golf expert, but one of the greatest this decade?
IDK, it was good, but I liked his eagle on 14 a lot more. That's really when the tide began to change.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post

it was great...you just don't make shots like that from that far away.

How clutch it was added to the greatness. He's two shots away from defeating the greatest golfer ever, he has a huge tree in his way, the wind is going the wrong way, so Yang has to hit a shot he isn't comfortable with, AND the pin is tucked away nicely in the back left with only feet of room to spare at all sides. Add to the fact that he was over 200 yards away and he had an uphill shot on the first cut, I don't think I've ever seen a shot quite like that.

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looking at what courses are hosting the 2010 Majors.If Tiger does'nt win 2 of them given his track records at Augusta, Pebble Beach and St Andrews I'll be surprised.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
looking at what courses are hosting the 2010 Majors.If Tiger does'nt win 2 of them given his track records at Augusta, Pebble Beach and St Andrews I'll be surprised.
I think Pebble and St. Andrews are going to be tough for a competitor to knock off Tiger, and Augusta, always depends on the year for Tiger. Whistling Straits wasn't the most favorable course in 2004 for Tiger and that has to do with his struggles off the tee, the course doesn't allow for many poor tee shots and control is key.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tiger's putting is just off lately. He keeps burning the edge of the hole. He seems to like the way his putts go. His mechanics seem fine. He is just reading it a touch wrong. After several tournaments of this you would think he'd have it work out. I wonder if he'll win another tournament before the end of the season.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, John Daly lost 115 pounds and has a cool pair of pants.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure the guy's mentally ill.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who else is ready for the new golf year! we are lookin at weather in the 60s all week here. ill be out on the range at least twice this week trying to get back into the swing of things. so far picked up a couple new golf shirts, a new sv tour wedge, and a new taylormade burner hybrid for this year. i finally manned up and registered for an official usga handicap. im going to try and take the leap this year and track my stats and really try to improve my game.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to get back out on the course. Pretty much all the snow is gone here in GB and hopefully by the end of the month the majority of courses will be open.

Tiger is coming back too!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, a golf thread. I didn't know there was one.

I've only gotten to the range once but will be getting out at least once again this week, maybe twice. My first round of the year will be the 27th. I'm gunning for a sub-100 score this season.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-16-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

gonna play in 2 weeks, i finally have some spare money to throw at the grass gods.

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Hey, a golf thread. I didn't know there was one.
i had to do a little digging but the season is upon us! im working on planning a memorial day weekend trip right now. hoping to get in 72 holes.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Well it looks like Tiger will be back in time for the Masters. With the way those people discriminate against anybody they don't like it should be a good way to ease back into playing again without a huge circus. He might still get a few non-golf questions but the big story will probably just be that he's returned at all.

I don't watch a ton of golf on TV but you can bet I'll be watching the Masters.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-18-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

got out to the range today! hit the ball pretty decent for first time out. irons were good but wasnt hitting my woods great. loving my new wedge. it sticks real nice.

video putting from 20 ft:
http://vimeo.com/10265294
Old 03-18-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
got out to the range today! hit the ball pretty decent for first time out. irons were good but wasnt hitting my woods great. loving my new wedge. it sticks real nice.

video putting from 20 ft:
http://vimeo.com/10265294
it looks like your standing too far away from the ball when you putt. you should be able to drop a ball from the bridge of your nose and it hit the ball( or inside of your target line. just from watching that putt you seem to be a fairly accomplished player( dont break your wrists, body is relatively quiet, kept your eyes down after contact with ball. but that tip will help you drain more putts from the 5-10 foot range, and help considerably with your lag putts.

Hitman D
Old 03-18-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
it looks like your standing too far away from the ball when you putt. you should be able to drop a ball from the bridge of your nose and it hit the ball( or inside of your target line. just from watching that putt you seem to be a fairly accomplished player( dont break your wrists, body is relatively quiet, kept your eyes down after contact with ball. but that tip will help you drain more putts from the 5-10 foot range, and help considerably with your lag putts.
trust me im well aware. every time i golf with every person i golf with they tell me the same thing but i putt better than any of them. no lie. putting is hands down the best part of my game and i know that my stance is all wrong. its just one of those things that im confident in and am afraid to change because i do it so well. i actually putted today in both stances to try and work on it but i still putted better standing back and hunching almost. my friends tell me i putt like an old lady. but they laugh cause it works somehow.

Last edited by DiG : 03-18-2010 at 04:48 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

Quote:
trust me im well aware. every time i golf with every person i golf with they tell me the same thing but i putt better than any of them. no lie. putting is hands down the best part of my game and i know that my stance is all wrong. its just one of those things that im confident in and am afraid to change because i do it so well. i actually putted today in both stances to try and work on it but i still putted better standing back and hunching almost. my friends tell me i putt like an old lady. but they laugh cause it works somehow.
different strokes for different folks

Hitman D
Old 03-19-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Is that the same for all putters you've tried? Maybe if you got the putter bent up by a couple degrees you could ease into a more upright stance.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

man its good to see anthony kim win again! if kim can work on consistency, theres no doubt in my mind he has what it takes to be a dominant player for the next 15-20 years. hopefully this win gets him back to his rookie year success.

masters week....tiger on the course today for his practice round. cant wait for thursday!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

It should be an exciting week!

Any predictions on who's gonna win???

I'm gonna say that Paul Casey finally gets that major win.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It should be an exciting week!

Any predictions on who's gonna win???

I'm gonna say that Paul Casey finally gets that major win.
im pulling for akim, rory, or sergio but if i were betting on it id guess ogilvy, els, or furyk.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
im pulling for akim, rory, or sergio but if i were betting on it id guess ogilvy, els, or furyk.
Els is a good call. He's been playing really well.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be pulling for Sergio Garcia to finally get it like I do in every major tournament.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tiger or Ogilvy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote