Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I'm afraid Nelson will be great at both phases, but exceptional in none. We'll have to see. Nice TD grab in the last game, though.
That was a great thing to see. I love having actual redzone targets nowadays. I would've killed someone if I saw one more fade to Evans. I also liked seeing Nelson snag that real low pass on his other catch. I was in the 200's on the opposite side of the field, but it looked like a nice snare to me.

It really shouldn't be a problem for him to move up the depth chart. But he still hasn't had much time with our top 2 QBs. You'd like a great blocker to play with our shoddy line, but we don't have that anyway. Nelson needs to be the answer out of this group.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
That was a great thing to see. I love having actual redzone targets nowadays. I would've killed someone if I saw one more fade to Evans. I also liked seeing Nelson snag that real low pass on his other catch. I was in the 200's on the opposite side of the field, but it looked like a nice snare to me.

It really shouldn't be a problem for him to move up the depth chart. But he still hasn't had much time with our top 2 QBs. You'd like a great blocker to play with our shoddy line, but we don't have that anyway. Nelson needs to be the answer out of this group.
I wouldn't expect him to contribute very much in the passing game until your line is in better shape. He'll probably be a great situational guy in special packages like that redzone play where they lined him up wide. I hope they don't let another big, athletic target go to waste much like what happened with Hardy last year.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

umm...not Gates. Brandon Manumaleuna has some shining moments when it comes to blocking, plus he is huge, 300+. Not super consistent though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
It was 25 yards, but yeah, keep up the man love lol.
hahaha the man love.

His personality makes him great. He is kinda like T.O. but he isn't a team killer. He knows the time and place.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The sad thing is I dont think Kwame Harris would be top 100 on this list if he was a TE
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
The sad thing is I dont think Kwame Harris would be top 100 on this list if he was a TE
He doesn't deserve to be on the field in any capacity.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
umm...not Gates. Brandon Manumaleuna has some shining moments when it comes to blocking, plus he is huge, 300+. Not super consistent though.
Manumaleuna is a great blocking TE, not a terrible receiver either. Part of the reason why he's never been on the heap for long when his contracts run out.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Daniel Graham is a pretty good blocker. Not 30 Million good, but good.
Personally, I've always thought the best was this guy for the Cheifss a few years ago... I think his name was Dunn, he was pretty effective, at least against Denver.

Edit:
out of the afc west i'd say Kleinsasser

Last edited by Jimmy : 08-17-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
hahaha the man love.

His personality makes him great. He is kinda like T.O. but he isn't a team killer. He knows the time and place.
I think Bennett is closer to Chad Ochocinco personality wise
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Breuner still playing for the Texans or has he retired? He's always been a great blocker throughout his career with the Steelers and Texans. He too was kind of like Kyle Brady but an even worse receiver. Not a very productive first rounder, but did a lot of big things in the running game.

If he retired, I think Daniel Graham would be the most commonly mentioned name for the spot. Also, for the Martellus Bennett love (I love it as an Aggie fan), he isn't the best in-line blocker, but he will knock some heads off down field and on tosses/reverses/bootlegs if you aren't paying attention and don't have your head on a swivel.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I love it as an Aggie fan
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not the only one on the site? *cue tears of joy*

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote