Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna try japan for the summer. Maybe London or Italy for a semester, that is where my school offers it.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, make sure you go fall semester so you can go to Oktoberfest. It's a blast.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I went spring and missed out on Oktoberfest. That sucked. I did get Carnival in Nice tho.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yeah I went spring and missed out on Oktoberfest. That sucked. I did get Carnival in Nice tho.
Nice was cool. I loved it there. Paris was fun as well, but way expensive. My favorite place in France was Strasburg.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paris was expensive as hell, but man, the museums and architecture were amazing imo. I loved it there.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Germany is the ****. Don't let any one else persuade you to believe otherwise.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Paris was expensive as hell, but man, the museums and architecture were amazing imo. I loved it there.
Yeah it was, I thought the louvre was overrated, well, at leased the mona lisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Germany is the ****. Don't let any one else persuade you to believe otherwise.
Bavaria is probably the best place in the world.

they get smoked.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
My best friend is about to come back from Japan from his semester abroad. He loved it over there.
My friend was over in Japan for a year doing his and said it was awesome.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where in the Netherlands. Amsterdam is tremendous, but for a whole year idk. I am sure other cities would be great, I have only been to Amsterdam tho. Ask Wicket. Denmark I have heard is really nice, but again and entire year there might be meh. I did a program where I spent 6 weeks each in Paris, Dublin and Rome and that worked for me. I liked the movement.

But, a year would be cool. Sounds like you have been all over Western Europe tho. In that case I would switch it up tbh. Either go somewhere you havent been in Europe (I assume Denmark fits) and use that location to explore new countries (Scandanavia region I would guess). Outside of Europe tho, if you have Japanese, I would go there hands down. Australia is also really awesome. India is an awesome country, I loved it, but I wouldnt go there for a semester. Other non European options that are awesome: Beunos Aires in Argentina and Brazilian cities. Africa is kinda tough, I would recommend it for a year altho it would be awesome for a winter or summer program (I will actually be heading to Egypt this winter).

*** Actually, Buenos Aires is an epic win. Strongly consider that if you want to go outside of Europe, but still be in a city with a European feel.
In the Netherlands most likely either Leiden, Utrecht, or Maastricht as my school does not offer a program in Amsterdam. And in Western Europe I have only been to Paris and Rome (although major landmarks), I have only been to each for a week respectively. I like Rome significantly more then Paris, and neither have an ideal program for me. I am also looking at a school in Berlin (although they do not offer a full year program). And then Denmark (Copenhagen) is appealing to me, but my only concern is that it is not as centrally located as the other options, making travel a bit more difficult (although more accessible to Scandinavia). I just didn't want to go somewhere that is a frequented place for abroad students (while staying in Europe) and as a result right now I think the Netherlands and Denmark are the front runners. I have heard amazing things about Buenos Aires, and that is in the consideration although travel would be limited and finding a good program there is abit more difficult then in Europe. I also considered Japan (as I think it would be awesome to visit), but I don't speak any Japanese and also many of the programs are very technical (engineering, science, and math centered) and that's really not what I'm looking for. All the input is really appreciated Rob, thanks for the help and keep going if you got any other advice or ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I wanna try japan for the summer. Maybe London or Italy for a semester, that is where my school offers it.
All of those would be awesome, research those programs and definitely do it.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If u come to germany, its not that hard to visit Amsterdam :)

germany is pretty close to all the big countries too.

Also funny Rob brought up Strasbourg. Reminded me of a story:

We went to Strasbourg with our class of like 20 people in 10th grade. so we had like 3 hours of free time till we had a tour in the dome or whatever. So we went out checking for a supermarket to get some beer. we were like 15 or so, so we went into the streets, drank some beer, chilling.

So after 2-3 Hours we went to the dome and we were sitting inside. next to me was that other asian kid. He was sleeping. you could clearly tell that he couldnt process alcohol as well as we did being asian and all. So i woke him up and was like "dude, the teacher is gonna kill you", he is like "man, i feel bad" so i tell him to go to the bathroom. He just tells me right in the face "its too late" turns to the front and just pukes all over that other kid right into the dome. I saw like every bit of him turning away from my face and just starting to puke. it was the closest to getting puked in my face ever.
It was just weird, everyone staring at him, i mean we were in the ******* church. We later told the teacher that he had like 2-3 bad döner kepabs and the teacher believed us.

Till this day we still mock that guy for that

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:20 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paris is good if you speak French or have someone with you who does, but the French are very "snobbish" for lack of a better word and really don't like people who don't speak their language and by speak it, I don't mean a few words, I mean fluently.

Sweden is good if you can take the cold.

Germany can also get really cold but in Summer it was great and would certainly be fun, Germans as a whole are a hell of a lot more liberal and fun loving than the major English speaking countries, though that goes for all of Europe really.

Australia has great weather, especially in Perth or Brisbane and is a really laid back place, I would highly recommend it if you are only staying for 6 months, though if you come to Perth it is pricey to get anywhere else, I would strongly recommend Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne if you are coming and spend a week over in Perth on a break rather than trying to do the opposite.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:01 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to study abroad : (
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:06 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

England!!!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

All I will say is that I wouldnt go to Berlin. The museums are awesome, people are alright, food is great, nightlife is popping, but there was like an aura over the city (at least to me). The darkness of the period from WWII was still eminent imo. "Dark" is the way I would describe Berlin. Go to Munich instead and visit Berlin.

Also, travel from Germany can be incredibly long to some Western European places. I know the train I took was like 11 hours from Paris to Berlin. If you wanted to explore Poland and more Eastern European places tho, its money while still not being too far from the usuals.

Last edited by Rob S : 07-31-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm gonna go to London next summer for a class. We're only going to be there for 2 or 3 weeks but I cannot wait. Never been to Europe though I plan on visiting much of it at some point.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Amsterdam was less than advertised I thought.

Quote:
It was me, not robby. Just for the record ;)

they get smoked.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

On a side note......has anyone been to Egypt? I am going this winter. The program is pretty structured (based in Cairo, Alexandria, and Luxor), so traveling will be rare (on my own anyway). But if anyone has some advice on just how life goes down there I would appreciate it. I have been to India so you can spare me the malaria/water/haggling advice haha.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post

germany is pretty close to all the big countries too.

We went to Strasbourg with our class of like 20 people in 10th grade. so we had like 3 hours of free time till we had a tour in the dome or whatever. So we went out checking for a supermarket to get some beer. we were like 15 or so, so we went into the streets, drank some beer, chilling.

So after 2-3 Hours we went to the dome and we were sitting inside. next to me was that other asian kid. He was sleeping. you could clearly tell that he couldnt process alcohol as well as we did being asian and all. So i woke him up and was like "dude, the teacher is gonna kill you", he is like "man, i feel bad" so i tell him to go to the bathroom. He just tells me right in the face "its too late" turns to the front and just pukes all over that other kid right into the dome. I saw like every bit of him turning away from my face and just starting to puke. it was the closest to getting puked in my face ever.
It was just weird, everyone staring at him, i mean we were in the ******* church. We later told the teacher that he had like 2-3 bad döner kepabs and the teacher believed us.

Till this day we still mock that guy for that
yea Germany's central location is definitely a plus. And I definitely know about the mixture of asians and alcohol being that my school is 45% asian, for sure some funny stories especially when people drink for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Paris is good if you speak French or have someone with you who does, but the French are very "snobbish" for lack of a better word and really don't like people who don't speak their language and by speak it, I don't mean a few words, I mean fluently.

Sweden is good if you can take the cold.

Germany can also get really cold but in Summer it was great and would certainly be fun, Germans as a whole are a hell of a lot more liberal and fun loving than the major English speaking countries, though that goes for all of Europe really.

Australia has great weather, especially in Perth or Brisbane and is a really laid back place, I would highly recommend it if you are only staying for 6 months, though if you come to Perth it is pricey to get anywhere else, I would strongly recommend Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne if you are coming and spend a week over in Perth on a break rather than trying to do the opposite.
agreed the French are more insistent on speaking French compared to other countries. And in reference to the Australian weather...the warm weather is nice, but I already go to school in San Diego, so to be honest I wouldn't mind experiencing a new climate. Although nice weather is never bad. But yea I have heard good things about the Scandinavian countries, and am definitely considering them

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
England!!!
Any advice on England? Any particular places or universities you would recommend?

Quote:
All I will say is that I wouldnt go to Berlin. The museums are awesome, people are alright, food is great, nightlife is popping, but there was like an aura over the city (at least to me). The darkness of the period from WWII was still eminent imo. "Dark" is the way I would describe Berlin. Go to Munich instead and visit Berlin.

Also, travel from Germany can be incredibly long to some Western European places. I know the train I took was like 11 hours from Paris to Berlin. If you wanted to explore Poland and more Eastern European places tho, its money while still not being too far from the usuals.
Yea I have actually heard similar things about Berlin. Glad you can also attest to that. Berlin the only realistic German option that my school offers though, which is unfortunate and probably a reason I am leaning away from Germany.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:45 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Some new places I'm considering for study abroad are Dublin and Manchester. Anybody have experience with these places? Any opinions?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Switzerland is like God Land. I hear they breathe air that hasn't been breathed before. I hear when it snows.. you can eat it and it tastes like white chocolate.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd probably go to England or Germany.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote