Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Which NFC East Team should or would most likely be the one to trade for Brandon Marsh
Philadelphia Eagles 2 8.33%
NY Giants 6 25.00%
Washington Redskins 7 29.17%
Dallas Cowboys 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
blah, ok, I was wrong. But we both agree Philly wouldn't bring in marshall though. the philly fans might riot bringing in another guy with a bad off the field image and legal problems.
They won't bring him in for that, for the price he would cost to trade for, and because of the fact that I think they're really happy with the current guys.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,187
Reputation: 2484712
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
i dont think they suck, but i am just so skeptical of that team without a true # 1. You say its gonna open the field up, but he didn't throw to TO anyway, all he did was draw defenders. I think witten is still going to be his security blanket that gets the majority of targets, it will be interesting to see if the other recievers can make an inmpact.
Roy has tremendous ability. I don't understand why he's not considered a #1 WR. He's been one in the past. He's a proven commodity. We know that he's a legit NFL talent. Sure he's missed time in his career due to injury. Sure he's opened his mouth and looked bad too. He's big, fast, tough and has good hands. He's really got a great opportunity here this year. If people really consider him a marginal talent, then he might open up some eyes.

TO lead the team in targets. You can't justify your statement that Romo didn't throw to him. ...and I didn't say the loss of TO will open up the field (If I think I understand what you're saying - TO drew extra coverage his way, opening up the field for others). What I meant was that it'll open up more opportunities for others to get the ball more. There will be more spreading around.

There isn't much reason to think our passing game is a big question mark. I think Romo will have his best statistical season yet, if he stays healthy all year.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: tOSU
Posts: 2,724
Reputation: 111308
JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I typed up a whole answer, a couple of paragraphs and my computer wouldn't send it, so now here is the short and sweet version of it:

Washington because of two reasons...

1) Terrell Owens
2) Plaxico Burress

Not to mention the fact that Daniel Snyder isn't shy from handing out money and making trades for disgruntled talent.
__________________

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,187
Reputation: 2484712
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I typed up a whole answer, a couple of paragraphs and my computer wouldn't send it, so now here is the short and sweet version of it:

Washington because of two reasons...

1) Terrell Owens
2) Plaxico Burress

Not to mention the fact that Daniel Snyder isn't shy from handing out money and making trades for disgruntled talent.
It sounds interesting, but I don't get it. TO and Plax? What do they have to do with it?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,426
Reputation: 4210181
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It sounds interesting, but I don't get it. TO and Plax? What do they have to do with it?
cowboys, eagles and giants have all had problematic, yet skilled WR's and wouldn't wanna go down that path again.

that's what I got from it.
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: tOSU
Posts: 2,724
Reputation: 111308
JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It sounds interesting, but I don't get it. TO and Plax? What do they have to do with it?
Is that a serious question? lol

I'm not trying to be dumb, I'm just seeing if you are joking?
__________________

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: tOSU
Posts: 2,724
Reputation: 111308
JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
cowboys, eagles and giants have all had problematic, yet skilled WR's and wouldn't wanna go down that path again.

that's what I got from it.
Correct

I don't think that Philly, New York or Dallas want to bring back those scenarios to there team because it either led to the media attention you do not want or it doesn't lead to Super Bowl victories. Obviously, with the situation that New York had, it led to a championship, but they to release Plax because he brought a bad name to there franchise.

Who would want to bring Brandon Marshall to their franchise after having to deal with Terrell Owens or Plaxico Burress in the past season(s).

The guy has his own issues, whether it is beating women or crying about money. He is going to be a havoc in the locker room and in the media...it's bound to happen.

Washington hasn't really dealt with that situation...plus, the previousy mentioned fact that Snyder likes to spend money.
__________________

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,187
Reputation: 2484712
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
cowboys, eagles and giants have all had problematic, yet skilled WR's and wouldn't wanna go down that path again.

that's what I got from it.
So Washington because they haven't had a chance to learn their lesson yet? LOL.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,187
Reputation: 2484712
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Correct

I don't think that Philly, New York or Dallas want to bring back those scenarios to there team because it either led to the media attention you do not want or it doesn't lead to Super Bowl victories. Obviously, with the situation that New York had, it led to a championship, but they to release Plax because he brought a bad name to there franchise.

Who would want to bring Brandon Marshall to their franchise after having to deal with Terrell Owens or Plaxico Burress in the past season(s).

The guy has his own issues, whether it is beating women or crying about money. He is going to be a havoc in the locker room and in the media...it's bound to happen.

Washington hasn't really dealt with that situation...plus, the previousy mentioned fact that Snyder likes to spend money.
When it comes to character issues, people are so quick to assume the worst.

Character wise...
Tank Johnson was perfectly fine in Dallas.
Pacman was perfectly fine in Dallas.

Heck... even Randy Moss has been perfectly fine in New England.

...and I'll say this... Michael Vick will be perfectly fine in Philadelphia. Some fans may have a problem with him and his past and not be able to overlook it. But Vick won't blow up the team with his character problems.

Brandon Marshall should be rewarded by the Broncos. He's earned it. $450K for this upcoming season is ridiculous. ...and he was found not guilty of the beating charges.

I also don't believe Plax was released because he was a media distraction. I think he was released because he couldn't play for them in jail. Don't buy the hype.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,426
Reputation: 4210181
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So Washington because they haven't had a chance to learn their lesson yet? LOL.
not my logic, just broke down what JFlo said, geez!

and I was right, as usual :D
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: tOSU
Posts: 2,724
Reputation: 111308
JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I totally agree with you in the fact Brandon Marshall deserves to be paid...the guy is one of the best receivers in the game when he is "on".

The guy has a bad rep as it is though and if I'm Jerry Jones or Jerry Reese or whoever, I'm thinking..."I've been through this once before, do I really want to take a serious risk of doing it again?"

He still has some court dates though doesn't he?

On the thoughts of Randy Moss, I think his character is a result of two things:

1) the fact that he is actually winning
2) the fact that he has simply matured, it's obvious because he hasn't been talking whatsoever.

With Pacman, his legal troubles are what caused him to be released by the team. After they found out that he was a suspect in the shooting in Las Vegas. Yea, he didn't have that many character issues, but once light came to his ever consistent legal problems, they had to let him go, because he was on a short leash as it was.
__________________

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Look Behind You
Posts: 4,097
Reputation: 109585
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I can't believe you're trolling in the NFC East thread.

I like Braylon a lot and people forget how good a talent he was before last year. One bad year and he's in the trash, it's funny how short memories people have. And there's NO WAY you can say that. IF you put this guy somewhere else he doesn't drop those passes. Thanks miss cleo. seriously, what the **** make you know that stuff?

The fact is, give the Giants to trade for Braylon or Marshall, and we take Braylon everytime. Given the fact we turned down deals for Braylon, that shows we're not gonna trade for Marshall.

and guess what! YOU CAN'T TAKE AWAY THEIR OFF THE FIELD PROBLEMS. thanks for playing though, it was fun.
Trolling? No sorry I use the New Post button and I go into what topic I am interested in. I am not saying Edwards sucks I am just saying he isn't as good as Marshall. I mean it isn't like you said you would take Andre Johnson over Larry Fitz you said Edwards over Marshall. IMO there is a big difference in talent. You mentioned talent so when I said take away the off field problems I was saying it because I didn't want you to stray away from talent and use off field problems as a reason.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsox
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bullying the Jukebox
Posts: 1,906
Reputation: 7194
locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Roy has tremendous ability. I don't understand why he's not considered a #1 WR. He's been one in the past. He's a proven commodity. We know that he's a legit NFL talent. Sure he's missed time in his career due to injury. Sure he's opened his mouth and looked bad too. He's big, fast, tough and has good hands. He's really got a great opportunity here this year. If people really consider him a marginal talent, then he might open up some eyes.

TO lead the team in targets. You can't justify your statement that Romo didn't throw to him. ...and I didn't say the loss of TO will open up the field (If I think I understand what you're saying - TO drew extra coverage his way, opening up the field for others). What I meant was that it'll open up more opportunities for others to get the ball more. There will be more spreading around.

There isn't much reason to think our passing game is a big question mark. I think Romo will have his best statistical season yet, if he stays healthy all year.
I just really didn't like what I saw from Roy last season, and his injury history, it makes me wonder about him as a #1 going forward, so I guess I'll have to reserve judgment until this season.

I know TO led the team in targets, but his number of targets had steadily declined from 2006 thru 2008, and there really wasn't a reason for that. In 2008, he only had 18 more targets than Witten, a TE, albeit one of the best, but TO is a gamebreaker. It was pretty obvious to me in a couple games I saw that he was forcing the ball to Witten, even players on other teams were saying they knew those throws were coming. I don't think Witten and Romo were conspiring against him like his dumb ass said, I just think that Romo trusts witten so much that he is most comfortable throwing to him, so my point is I am not sure how much that is going to change with the departure of TO and the emergence of the young guys. I know Cowboy fans like those receivers, but I really believe the absence of TO is going to be a problem for the cowboys at some point in the season. Im pretty sure the Cowboys are gonna run the ball like crazy, so maybe it wont be a big deal, but I still think the Boys are better with TO. We'll certainly see this season, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see them making the playoffs this year.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,650
Reputation: 336390
BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I also don't believe Plax was released because he was a media distraction. I think he was released because he couldn't play for them in jail. Don't buy the hype.
he requested to be released, im not sure where jerry was exactly on his plan because plax had been in the media alot at the time that this happened. Plax had also (around the same time) been talking to some teams apparently.

Brandon Marshall is a ridiculous reciever, but i feel that Scotty is right, we would always take Braylon over him. Braylon was easily a top 10 WR for 1 maybe 2 years before his suckage. BM is a much better open field runner, Braylon in that year carried his team, he was the better reciever especially considering his rush offense was pretty bad.

Hakeem Nicks is now being shitted on, he had 2 opportunities to catch the ball and he caught one. Both times the ball wasnt thrown well and the defender had already touched the ball or gotten his hand in or on Nicks's. On the long ball he definitely was out of position and the one he caught he luckily clung to himself.

we had a chance at Britt, and Britt looked good, he also was completely uncovered for his TD, he had the ball thrown to him well and because of his large body it was easy for him to catch the balls and on the nice post he absorbed the hit. Britt looks better but he also was with VY and not Bomar who looked stupid.
__________________


Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,187
Reputation: 2484712
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
I just really didn't like what I saw from Roy last season, and his injury history, it makes me wonder about him as a #1 going forward, so I guess I'll have to reserve judgment until this season.

I know TO led the team in targets, but his number of targets had steadily declined from 2006 thru 2008, and there really wasn't a reason for that. In 2008, he only had 18 more targets than Witten, a TE, albeit one of the best, but TO is a gamebreaker. It was pretty obvious to me in a couple games I saw that he was forcing the ball to Witten, even players on other teams were saying they knew those throws were coming. I don't think Witten and Romo were conspiring against him like his dumb ass said, I just think that Romo trusts witten so much that he is most comfortable throwing to him, so my point is I am not sure how much that is going to change with the departure of TO and the emergence of the young guys. I know Cowboy fans like those receivers, but I really believe the absence of TO is going to be a problem for the cowboys at some point in the season. Im pretty sure the Cowboys are gonna run the ball like crazy, so maybe it wont be a big deal, but I still think the Boys are better with TO. We'll certainly see this season, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see them making the playoffs this year.
Yeah, but we didn't make the playoffs last season either WITH Owens... can't put that on Roy's shoulders.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, but we didn't make the playoffs last season either WITH Owens... can't put that on Roy's shoulders.
I think part of it can be blamed on Williams. If he would have produced more, the Cowboys' offense would have been much more efficient. I remember being terrified when Williams came over and wishing that the Eagles had dealt for him, but he obviously didn't produce as expected.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,781
Reputation: 35211
DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yep, we don't even have a good number 2 guy. Just like Dallas has a top 10 secondary right? mhm. Neither Hixon or Smith would be solid #2's. Yea, that makes tons of sense.

Right now I think Steve Smith might be ready to take a step up and become a solid #2, but he hasn't been in the past. Look at the career best seasons for each guy you're relying on


Smith: 57/574/1
Hixon: 43/596/2
Moss: 21/225/0


Do those numbers scream "potential #1 guy?" No. Not just that, but each of those top two guys were generated during a season when Plaxico was out, so they were sort of sharing top dog status, no one to take away options like most #2s have. This is the real reason why NY fell apart down the stretch last season.

Going into last season Patrick Crayton was our #2. Remember all the hullabaloo about "Dallas' WRs are sooooo weak, they are screwed, blahaahahalhaha." Crayton's #s as a #2? 50/697/7. And that's ignoring the fact that he was really a #3 reciever, as Dallas had the league's top receving TE taking up a ton of the touches as well. Yet Crayton was chopped liver at the #2 WR spot, and his numbers blow both Hixon and Smith's numbers out of the water.


My point was that Smith and Hixon have not established themselves as legit, rock solid #2s at this point in their careers. They may be able to do that, or maybe not.

But one thing we know for sure is that neither is a #1, nor will they ever be. The Giants are going to trot out an anemic passing game this year and if their defense isn't dominant, its going to cost them a playoff spot.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,187
Reputation: 2484712
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I think part of it can be blamed on Williams. If he would have produced more, the Cowboys' offense would have been much more efficient. I remember being terrified when Williams came over and wishing that the Eagles had dealt for him, but he obviously didn't produce as expected.
You obviously don't understand the situation he got thrown into. But I didn't expect you to. If you're expecting Roy to have the same impact this year that he had last year, you'll be in for an eye opener.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You obviously don't understand the situation he got thrown into. But I didn't expect you to. If you're expecting Roy to have the same impact this year that he had last year, you'll be in for an eye opener.
No, I do understand the situation. I also don't think he'll be as bad. However, he never topped three catches or 51 yards as a Cowboy. I think he could have done better.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,187
Reputation: 2484712
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
No, I do understand the situation. I also don't think he'll be as bad. However, he never topped three catches or 51 yards as a Cowboy. I think he could have done better.
I also don't think that defines him as a player either.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.