Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lions and Broncos Tade: Dre Bly for Tatum Bell and Geroge Foster

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784408

Just saw it on the ESPN ticker.

Last edited by Paul : 03-01-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Broncos aquire Dre Bly

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784408

Damn, that's a sick CB duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Foster? I don't know much about him. We got our KJ insurance though.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too late. ;)

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=2449

Quote:
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn i really didnt see them going through with this
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the NFC North: last year they give the Broncos Javon Walker, now Dre Bly.

The Denver Broncos are hard enough to face as an AFC opponent as it is.
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Broncos got jobbed IMO. Bly is nothing like he was 2 years ago IMO. They better restructure that contract hes got. Bell is on his way up in all likelihood and Foster isn't a terrible lineman, certainly a disappointment considering he was drafted in the first round to play in a zone blocking scheme where he should have dominated. I would have settled for Bell for Bly straight up if I were the Lions, but hey, Foster could help...
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

brilliant trade. i had no interest in giving up a draft pick, but i'm happy to get rid of those two guys for decent CB depth. also looks like foxy will stick at safety.

foster is probably slightly less worhtless than whoever played RT for you last year. he's still got a lot of potential, he just never played well.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the NFC North: last year they give the Broncos Javon Walker, now Dre Bly.

The Denver Broncos are hard enough to face as an AFC opponent as it is.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
How is Foster? I don't know much about him. We got our KJ insurance though.
Yea, I guess the speculation of the lions drafting a RB can stop now.

Quote:
Old 03-01-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I love Matt Millen! lol

I just started a thread earlier today in the Lions forum hoping for this exact trade to happen.

Detroit should take CJ at 2 now that they filled their OT and RB needs. lol
Old 03-01-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
brilliant trade. i had no interest in giving up a draft pick, but i'm happy to get rid of those two guys for decent CB depth. also looks like foxy will stick at safety.

foster is probably slightly less worhtless than whoever played RT for you last year. he's still got a lot of potential, he just never played well.
yeah if your keeping foxworth at saftey primarily then Bly gives you some good options. foster was worth giving up.

i think that detroit got the better end of the deal, but denver didnt care for those two guys that much.

i wonder what denver will do for a new RB w/ mike bell?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what kind of combination of drugs does it take to get fleeced by Matt Millen in a trade? hahahaha.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I love Matt Millen! lol

I just started a thread earlier today in the Lions forum hoping for this exact trade to happen.

Detroit should take CJ at 2 now that they filled their OT and RB needs. lol
would detroit take another wr again?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i'm assuming you're not serious, xio..
Old 03-01-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
So what kind of combination of drugs does it take to get fleeced by Matt Millen in a trade? hahahaha.
you think denver ended up on the bad end? how, exactly?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, I think it works out well for both teams. Bly wasn't coming back to Detroit, and Bell wasn't happy in Denver. Foster was a throw-in for value, but he was replacable for the Broncos. Foster at RT means the Lions can focus on a stronger skill position player at #2 overall. Joe Thomas likely is not going to Detroit now. Bell is good KJones insurance, but the Lions should consider a 4th round (give or take) RB.

Am I crazy to think that the Lions now dangle the #2 pick to Arizona (Joe Thomas) for a bunch of picks, then try to get a guy like Chris Houston or Leon Hall in Round 1?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm assuming you're not serious, xio..
Half serious. But it looks like we are a lock to sign Kevin Curtis so I know it won't happen.

I just think you take the best player available, and now that we have no need for Joe Thomas, it's difficult to say which player we will take at #2. I still adamently believe they won't take a QB.

Who does that leave? Gaines Adams? Trade Down? That's about it.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Seriously, I think it works out well for both teams. Bly wasn't coming back to Detroit, and Bell wasn't happy in Denver. Foster was a throw-in for value, but he was replacable for the Broncos. Foster at RT means the Lions can focus on a stronger skill position player at #2 overall. Joe Thomas likely is not going to Detroit now. Bell is good KJones insurance, but the Lions should consider a 4th round (give or take) RB.

Am I crazy to think that the Lions now dangle the #2 pick to Arizona (Joe Thomas) for a bunch of picks, then try to get a guy like Chris Houston or Leon Hall in Round 1?
With the 5th overall pick?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
you think denver ended up on the bad end? how, exactly?
well bell is a pretty good back and a starter. he is really just for insurace but can be a really productive 2nd back. foster was a starter for a good while and is an inprovement probable over what detroit has

dre bly just didnt seem to fit in with detroit any more now that they are a cover 2.

both teams i think gained something from this trade, but in overall value i think bell and foster are worth more than just bly
Old 03-01-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:

Problem is that we aren't gonna take Thomas now and Arizona knows that. Now that it appears that Thomas will fall to Cleveland though, Arizona might become a bit more desperate. It's a strange scenario.

Detroit would love to take Adams/Anderson, but I am not sure they'd do it without a trade down.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good trade, now all speculatin of having him (Bly) come to N.O. can end.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Who thinks Denver makes a move up to grab Marshawn Lynch? I do . . .
Old 03-01-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Who thinks Denver makes a move up to grab Marshawn Lynch? I do . . .
That's exactly what I'm afraid of. :(

Quote:
Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Problem is that we aren't gonna take Thomas now and Arizona knows that. Now that it appears that Thomas will fall to Cleveland though, Arizona might become a bit more desperate. It's a strange scenario.

Detroit would love to take Adams/Anderson, but I am not sure they'd do it without a trade down.
We'd love to trade with you!!!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote