Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Craigo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

um... is it just me or did Detroit not just get ripped off ?

Tatum Bell didn't even look that good in Denver... Hell, Olandis Gary looked good in Denver. Same with countless other RB's. Tatum Bell is gonna look terrible in Detroit, and George Foster? Big deal!

Dre Bly was the Lions best defensive player... Denver got a GREAT deal.

Detroit now has the worst secondary in the league.. nice job.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dammit, now the Broncos are gonna draft DeShawn Wynn. I want him on the Giants dammit!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is beneficial for both. Bly as the number 2 corner in Denver is a good fit. We will find out quickly if Bly is overrated because he will get picked on, not Champ Bailey. Bly will get ints though and make some big plays.

Secondly, Detroit saves 2.5 mil in cap space. Bly was as good as gone next year and didn't fit the Cover 2 at all (he had his worst year this past year). Also, Detroit finally gets a decent(not great) Right Tackle compared to the greatness of bust Stockar McDougle,Kelly Butler, Rex Tucker, Barry Stokes and a rookie Jonathan Scott. Foster seems like a mauler and can run block I would assume since he was a starter in Denver. He has some chemistry with Tatum Bell already. Tatum Bell provides KJ insurance, but when KJ comes back we have solid 1-2 punch like most good teams have nowadays.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why didn't the Broncos like Tatum Bell?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Who thinks Denver makes a move up to grab Marshawn Lynch? I do . . .
For some reason, I think they'll get a guy like Antonio Pittman in the second, or something like that.

For some reason, I've been really intrigued at the prospect of Denver drafting Brad Lester (Auburn) next year. He is absolutely perfect for their system.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Why didn't the Broncos like Tatum Bell?
Because they can stick any one of us back there and get 1000 yards.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
For some reason, I think they'll get a guy like Antonio Pittman in the second, or something like that.

For some reason, I've been really intrigued at the prospect of Denver drafting Brad Lester (Auburn) next year. He is absolutely perfect for their system.
No, Shannahan doesn't draft day 1 RBs. He's getting Wynn in day 2. Downhill runner with speed and power. He's a perfect fit.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo View Post

Tatum Bell didn't even look that good in Denver... Hell, Olandis Gary looked good in Denver. Same with countless other RB's. Tatum Bell is gonna look terrible in Detroit, and George Foster? Big deal!

Detroit wan't ripped off at all. Bly was gonna get RELEASED today if we didn't trade him. We would have gotten nothing in return for him.

Detroit has so much more flexibility in the draft now. They don't have to take Thomas at 2. They don't need to worry about Kevin Jones' recovery so much.

Great trade on both ends.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think it's just you, actually. Bly wanted out of Detroit, and Detroit wanted Bly out. He did not have a good season, and his trade value was at its highest right now. Bly wasn't going to be with the team, so they made moves to solidify some things before the draft.

Tatum Bell is a pretty good RB with break-away speed. He showed he can do well in spurts last season. He can also catch passes out of the backfield. Detroit got a RB they can live with until KJones recovers. This removes an immediate draft need for the time being.

George Foster is a good, but not great, RT. He has an affordable contract and can run and pass block well. He solidifies the Lions OLine for the time being.

So, for a player who wanted out and wasn't going to make a huge impact for their team, the Lions filled some holes and also pared some salary off their cap. They can now take the BPA with their pick or move down. I think the Lions got the better end of it. The Broncos did well, but they gave up 2 contributors for 1 better player. I think the Lions are better now than they were before. The Broncos have a few questions going into the draft.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No, Shannahan doesn't draft day 1 RBs. He's getting Wynn in day 2. Downhill runner with speed and power. He's a perfect fit.
Bell was a day 1 back. As was Portis. Even Clarett was a day one RB.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Matt Millen is got hosed!!
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Lions best defensive player? What part of "doesn't fit the cover 2" didnt you get? Or, was it the "Shaun Rogers" or "Ernie Sims" that you missed?

Both teams benefited greatly. Bell is definately not a bad back, and Foster is an upgrade over many players on our OLine. And... we didn't want Bly.

You can have him. Enjoy the bitching, whining and disrespect towards teammates.
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Clinton Portis? Tatum Bell?
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good points, Tactica. See my post above. We agree.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-01-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

I think I could get 1000 in Denver.

This continues the endless loop of 1000 yard RB's from Denver who get traded and do nothing for the rest of their career. End up working at some gas station remembering the days they were 1000 yard rushers.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit got a draft pick in this trade too? Reportedly a 5th rounder . . .

I missed that! This just keeps getting better.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Lions best defensive player? What part of "doesn't fit the cover 2" didnt you get? Or, was it the "Shaun Rogers" or "Ernie Sims" that you missed?

Both teams benefited greatly. Bell is definately not a bad back, and Foster is an upgrade over many players on our OLine. And... we didn't want Bly.

You can have him. Enjoy the bitching, whining and disrespect towards teammates.
My bad, I forgot about Shaun Rogers cause he was hurt for so long.

I would ***** and moan if I was in Detroit too.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Wow. I am surprised. Though, there was a pretty strong trade market for Bly's services. Other teams were bidding. Denver must really like Bly...

Old 03-01-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, he's not a perfect fit because, like I've told you before, he sucks. He's a classic example of a guy who looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trying out a few things and I just merged my first posts. I was trying to merge Paul's thread into Vince's, guess I did it wrong. =\
Old 03-01-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
No, he's not a perfect fit because, like I've told you before, he sucks. He's a classic example of a guy who looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.
First, my bad on the Shannahan not drafting day 1 RBs, I was wrong.

2nd...shoot, how many "Janes" did Shannahan convert to Tarzans already? He can make it work.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good trade for both teams...i like what detroit has now with a healthy kevin jones and tatum bell splitting the carries, and help on the O line, but i wouldnt throw away the joe thomas pick nor would i the calvin johnson pick, or even quinn....

matt millen isnt the type to always think trade down, he strikes me as the guy who would rather have the superstar....joe thomas would leave make them go from a horrible O line to very good and young, with 2 good young backs, and a nice WR core....

i think kitna could win some games with that O, and i think thats their best pick there, unless arizona wants to jump up maybe they can still grab a defensive player...

and in denvers case its brilliant i think, bell was easily replacable as much as he was hurt, as good as he was, they can find another one just as easy...and they secondary is sick now, bly will be even better opposite bailey, and he didnt have that complement in detroit...i think denver drafts a RB but it might be sooner then we are used to this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions | Pick received from Denver as part of trade compensation
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:26:57 -0800

Updating previous reports, Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos also traded an undisclosed draft choice, which is believed to be a fifth-round pick, to the Detroit Lions in exchange for CB Dre' Bly. As reported, the Broncos also parted ways with RB Tatum Bell and OT George Foster.

KFFL.com
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
First, my bad on the Shannahan not drafting day 1 RBs, I was wrong.

2nd...shoot, how many "Janes" did Shannahan convert to Tarzans already? He can make it work.
Meh...I've just seen enough of the guy to really, really doubt how much pro potential he has.

When you look at him on paper, you think to yourself "damn, this is the player that Maurice Clarett was supposed to be." Then, you watch him play, see that he has no burst and gets brought down by arm tackles, and you get turned off.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Antonio Pittman would be an awesome fit in Denver. He's a one cut back with great speed who has been compared over and over again to none other than former Bronco 2nd round pick, Clinton Portis.