Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 08-22-2009, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Carlos Dunlap is so overrated. He's not a top five pick at this point.
YES! I agree x1000%.

He lacks a great first step and doesn't reach the corner. A majority of his sacks came from quarterbacks holding on to the ball for too long. His upper-body is extremely skinny, skinnier than that of Gaines Adams and even Michael Johnson. He isn't fast at all and looks like he will run a 4.8 or a 4.9. Honestly I think he is the worst of all of the prototype defensive ends (Peppers, Williams, Anderson, Johnson, Adams). He compares favorably with Jamaal Anderson from a few years ago who went top 10 and hasn't done anything in the NFL, the only difference? Jamaal Anderson was better in college and was stronger.

IMO the best prototype DE in this draft is Corey Wootton out of Northwestern.

Dunlap does have his positives though, he does have a nice bull rush, he has nice production and he never quits on a play. However I think that his strength and bull rush are results of playing against College Left Tackles that are not NFL caliber. In fact, he played 3 first round NFL tackles in Andre Smith, Michael Oher and Ciron Black all 3 of whom are right tackles in the NFL. Do you know how many sacks he registered against them? Not one. He didn't even get a sack against Phil Loadholt.

The depth chart I found said he played RE but it could be wrong so I'll just name the RTs he faced in those games:
Drew Davis, John Jerry, Joseph Barksdale and Trent Williams. 4 players who will be in the NFL, he did not register a sack.

He did not register a sack in 8 separate games. And he compiled 6 of his sacks against the likes of Kentucky, Florida St. and Miami. The only notable LT on these teams is Jason Fox, who I believe had a freshman QB that he was protecting. But aside from that he beat up on a freshman and a no name at Kentucky.

And it looks even worse if he was a LE because he was going against nobodies versus Florida St. and Kentucky and he played against an injured Reggie Youngblood in Miami. Not good any way you spin it.

Here is an example of what I mean by he gets sacks because the QB holds the ball too long:

Last edited by Thumper : 08-22-2009 at 02:51 AM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ciron Black isn't in the NFL yet.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Ciron Black isn't in the NFL yet.
Probably the 4th or 5th OT taken i believe after Bulaga,Williams,Okung......that probably gets you in the middle of round 1.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These guys I like

1. Sam Bradford

2. Eric Berry

4. Gerald McCoy

5. Ndamukong Suh

7. Jevan Snead

8. Dez Bryant

13. Jonathan Dwyer

14. Russell Okung

15. Jermaine Gresham

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Weatherspoon is such a beast. He is the best Linebacker in College Football.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Alright here is a good question, how good (or bad) will Tebow be as a professional?
Hmmm.. I hear he's gonna be working on his mechanics and showing off his arm this season. But only time will tell. He's definitely not running no QB dives next year.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Sean Weatherspoon is such a beast. He is the best Linebacker in College Football.
This guy would like a word with you..

Old 08-22-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Spikes was the best LB last year and is so again entering his senior year.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
This guy would like a word with you..

Yeah I knew someone would say Spikes is better.

That would be incorrect.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
killa3312
Rookie

killa3312 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
YES! I agree x1000%.

He lacks a great first step and doesn't reach the corner. A majority of his sacks came from quarterbacks holding on to the ball for too long. His upper-body is extremely skinny, skinnier than that of Gaines Adams and even Michael Johnson. He isn't fast at all and looks like he will run a 4.8 or a 4.9. Honestly I think he is the worst of all of the prototype defensive ends (Peppers, Williams, Anderson, Johnson, Adams). He compares favorably with Jamaal Anderson from a few years ago who went top 10 and hasn't done anything in the NFL, the only difference? Jamaal Anderson was better in college and was stronger.

IMO the best prototype DE in this draft is Corey Wootton out of Northwestern.

Dunlap does have his positives though, he does have a nice bull rush, he has nice production and he never quits on a play. However I think that his strength and bull rush are results of playing against College Left Tackles that are not NFL caliber. In fact, he played 3 first round NFL tackles in Andre Smith, Michael Oher and Ciron Black all 3 of whom are right tackles in the NFL. Do you know how many sacks he registered against them? Not one. He didn't even get a sack against Phil Loadholt.

The depth chart I found said he played RE but it could be wrong so I'll just name the RTs he faced in those games:
Drew Davis, John Jerry, Joseph Barksdale and Trent Williams. 4 players who will be in the NFL, he did not register a sack.

He did not register a sack in 8 separate games. And he compiled 6 of his sacks against the likes of Kentucky, Florida St. and Miami. The only notable LT on these teams is Jason Fox, who I believe had a freshman QB that he was protecting. But aside from that he beat up on a freshman and a no name at Kentucky.

And it looks even worse if he was a LE because he was going against nobodies versus Florida St. and Kentucky and he played against an injured Reggie Youngblood in Miami. Not good any way you spin it.

Here is an example of what I mean by he gets sacks because the QB holds the ball too long:

Dunlap is very fast, don't know where you came to that conclusion. He also has incredibly long arms (7+ foot wingspan) that helped him block three punts and bat down numerous passes.

He's got a lot to prove, and he's far from a finished product, but 9.5 sacks from a part-time player who wasn't even a starter is impressive, regardless of who he was going against. I think he breaks out in a big way this year (he's drawing raves in practice) and puts away any doubts that he's a top talent. Remember, he was only a sophomore last season.
killa3312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

While guys are saying Benn is Anquan Boldin, I would agree, except that he's faster. Benn consistently runs 4.3's and will time so (Or low to mid 4.4's) at the NFL combine. He's not the quick twitch Percy Harvin type, but when he gets up there aren't many who are going to catch him. The scary thing is he is even more explosive. Watch out...
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benn does not run a 4.3, he's a 4.45 guy at the most. You have a link to that time you put out there?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Yeah I knew someone would say Spikes is better.

That would be incorrect.
I guess it's just my opinion. The thing that separates the two, for me, is Spikes ability to run through traffic and shed blocks quick. You can't go wrong with either.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
I guess it's just my opinion. The thing that separates the two, for me, is Spikes ability to run through traffic and shed blocks quick. You can't go wrong with either.
Agreed, both will be beast at the next level.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I see him make plays like this all the time. Very rare to find a college LB who takes on and sheds blocks as well as Spikes does. Spikes is badass.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:33 AM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Benn does not run a 4.3, he's a 4.45 guy at the most. You have a link to that time you put out there?

No links...he's run low 4.3's hand timed...believe it or not. Benn isn't a 0-60 guy but when he gets up there, he's flying. Absolutely flying. If not high 4.3's, like I said I would expect him to run low to mid 4.4's at the combine.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:10 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Spikes is the best MLB prospect since Willis. I also think Dunlap will grow into a 3-4 DE. Not build as speed rusher more like bull rusher. I don't know why people say he's weak.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
No links...he's run low 4.3's hand timed...believe it or not. Benn isn't a 0-60 guy but when he gets up there, he's flying. Absolutely flying. If not high 4.3's, like I said I would expect him to run low to mid 4.4's at the combine.
I think he'll be around 4.45 at the combine. Terrell Pryor "supposedly" ran a 4.33 at Ohio State and that has pretty much been debunked. I say you add on at least a tenth of a second to times like these, especially if they are not electronic results.

Benn does have very good speed for his size though but 4.3 is stretching.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
I think he'll be around 4.45 at the combine. Terrell Pryor "supposedly" ran a 4.33 at Ohio State and that has pretty much been debunked. I say you add on at least a tenth of a second to times like these, especially if they are not electronic results.

Just saying what I know...but yeah it would be safe to say he'll run around 4.45 a the combine. Some coaches are just really good in their timing though...as far as Pryor, honestly, I could believe it...he's a true freak of nature. Maybe not 4.33, but 4.3's I could definitely see him doing.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Didn't Brian Cushing also "supposedly" run a 4.4 or 4.5 at USC before his senior year with Mays running a 4.3?

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
u8pp
Rookie

u8pp could make a wolverine purr.u8pp could make a wolverine purr.u8pp could make a wolverine purr.u8pp could make a wolverine purr.u8pp could make a wolverine purr.u8pp could make a wolverine purr.

Not bad outside of Bradford, Mays, T. Williams, and McCoy.

System QB, overrated U Spoiled Children product, slug who couldn't beat out Phil Loadholt, and average at best NFL QB.

Right now I'd say Snead is my #1 QB, and G. McCoy, Suh and Jones are all interchangable as the best DT and Benn & bryant are interchangable as the best receiver.

Gresham is day and night the best tight end, and maybe the best tight end prospect since Vernon Davis.

Also keep an eye out for Greg Hardy.
u8pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everyone talks about how mccoy is so overrated but i dont understand why. in general he is usually given the mid to late first round grade and i dont see how that is overrated. id love to hear what makes him so overrated. beyond the knock that he is in a qb friendly offense, i just cant see a lot of negatives in his game.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
everyone talks about how mccoy is so overrated but i dont understand why. in general he is usually given the mid to late first round grade and i dont see how that is overrated. id love to hear what makes him so overrated. beyond the knock that he is in a qb friendly offense, i just cant see a lot of negatives in his game.
I totally agree. People are saying mid-late first and that's where he belongs. I understand he doesn't have elite physical tools but he makes the quickest and best desicions of any quarterback I've seen in a while. He has excellent accuracy, gets rid of the ball quickly, has good mobility, throws a very catchable ball and he's proven how well he can play under pressure. I really like Colt's game. Please don't kill me for saying this and in no way am I saying he's going to be as good as him, but Colt as a player reminds me of Joe Montana. I see a lot of similarites in their games.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

I like Dunlap as a 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I like Dunlap as a 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB.
a 6'6 290 OLB? Man that may be a bit out of his athletic ability
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote