Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Since the Giants were done I'll throw the Jags out there. Alot of different opinions are possible here.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

jaguars = C-

i exspected alot more out of there team and i think they took a step back from last year. They need to get healthy and get more production out of a WR. Jones Drew IMO should have been rookie of the year. With there coach, they should rebound next year if Leftwhich embraces what might be his last chance.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
1. So what? He's an asshole and maligns everyone around him. Mike Nolan one of the NFLs best DC's before he became the brilliant HC he is hated working with Snyder. In interviews the first thing Snyder does is talk about how awesome he is and how he got rich... He insists everyone, even his family who work for him call him "Mr. Snyder" he's an asshole, he doesn't know **** about the game of football and he's got a lot of money. That's daniel Snyder.

2.No one will forget his legacy but he'll forever be known as the guy who won three superbowls and then tried to recapture his glory days but failed... miserably.

3. I'm talking about the D that was ranked 2 in the NFL behind pittsburgh in 04.

4.Patrick Ramsey played very, very well down the stretch in 04 throwing to chris cooley and an injured Coles.

5. Because he is always insistent on passing the ball more, that's why he went out and got a new QB and that's why he got new WRs. He wants his game centred around passing. Doing so is going to kill Portis' career. He needs to be fed, early and often, not as a second tier player.

6. When was your last trip to a conference championship, or for that matter past the divisonal round of the playoffs?

A team that's in between. Everything hinges on Chris Simms and Cadillac williams. If those two fire, then there's no stopping the team, even with an aging defense. imo they've got a two year window. I don't know if they'll use it though. They need some help with playmakers at WR and some youth in the front seven and secondary.

Detroit Lions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Your ruin everything, by A. letting your divsion rival comes out between you and the Giants during your first post in this thread and B. went out on someone when they went after your team.
1. Mike Nolan one of the best? Hardly... he dc'd with us for 1 year and it wasn't that great of a year.... and it's not like he's turned the 49ers d into a force to reckoned with... as i recall most of there improvement had to do with gore and not with a great d. As per Snyder being an asshole, that may well be.. i don't know.

2. Is that how you remember Bill Parcells too?

3. Yeah, the #2 d was good times.. but it was also two years ago. We've let one key player walk in Antonio Pierce and to a lesser extent Ryan Clark. Whoever else we've let go hasn't done anything since.. al la smoot, arrington etc. Our d was bad last year because we had the most injured secondary in the league.

4. Patrick Ramsey good? Are we talking about the same patrick ramsey that would lead us down the field and then throw a pick in the endzone. If he's so awesome why is 3rd on the Jets depth chart?

5. The same Portis who took more carries than he ever has in his career just in o5 or the one who took 9 less carries in o4? Saying we don't feed Portis is absolutely ridiculous.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302215

6. The 90s

To Smitty

A - I gave an honest evaluation of what i think of the giants.. you do realize they weren't exactly looking awesome at the end of the year.

B - What's wrong with that? I think he made this topic to spur debate.. that's what i'm doing. I didn't realize it was agaisnt the rules to defend your team.

C - I know you're just being a hater because i said Vince Young wouldn't be good next year in my mock.

The Titans -

There D overacheieved by miles down the stretch last year... alot of people began to attribute the Titans sucess to Young, which although he deserved some of the credit for the plays he made... he would have never had the opputunity to make those plays had it not been for how ridiculously well the titans d was playing. I feel the titans d is nothing more than average and next year won't be nearly as good as they were down the stretch, thus making vince young look not so good. Vince Young and the Titans will be an average team AT BEST.

C-

Last edited by McBain : 03-01-2007 at 01:22 AM.
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

since the above post doesn't have a team to review...

Indianapolis Colts: ________

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
since the above post doesn't have a team to review...

Indianapolis Colts: ________

Well when your the reigning champs what is there to complain about :D

And yes I'm a Raven fan and yes I'm rating the Colts.

Indianapolis Colts: A-

With Peyton, Marvin, Reggie, and the emergence of Dallas on offense whats to complain about. I think Addai really did a great job for them last year in tandem with Rhodes, ala Jamal Lewis in his rookie year with Priest Holmes when we won the Super Bowl. One of the best offensive lines in keeping their QB clean and not to shabby run blocking either. While Marvin and Reggie are great in the passing game and Dallas Clark had a great postseason, I'm not in love with the depth at WR in case God forbid Marvin or Reggie got hurt. Its nit picky but hey every team has some flaws. Plus is Rhodes coming back or will the bulk of the carries belong to Addai? The defense is a tale of two cities if I ever saw one. In the regular season everyone and their mother could run on them and then come postseason time they look like the 2000 Ravens out their stopping the run and causing turnovers. I guess that shows the importance of Bob Sanders and the need for better depth in that secondary but what else is new. Freeney is asking for a monster contract but I'm sure Bill Polian will address his situation and get him locked up. The defensive line could use some interior help with some young talent from the draft to free up Freeney and Mathis. The linebacking core looks to lose Cato June and that might not be a bad thing. Seems to be another area that the draft can fill for them. Plain and simple the Colts D just needs to stick to the fundamentals and make sure tackles and flock to the ball and they will be good this upcoming year. The special teams are decent enough, but maybe a receiver/returner in this draft could give this unit a spark or a corner that would fill the bill and help with the secondary depth. Hunter Smith and Adam Vinateri are some of the best in the business so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

That's a wrap for the Colts ranking, and note the minus is mainly a result of the poor run defense during the year. Hey just because your the Champs don't mean everything is gravy...

My team: Baltimore Ravens ____

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ravens: B
They are getting a little old on both sides of the ball. Lewis can't stay around forever. If their offense had even a little big play tendency they could be a top of the line contender.

My team: DA Bears
Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears: A
They have a lot of youth and defense and offense. I really like the direction they are going. Grossman will probably get more consistent with time. They have a good mix of young/old WRs. TE is lacking but decent. O line is very good IMO. RB is good right now but you'll probably get rid of Jones and start Benson which is a mistake IMO. Defense is solid all around. Filled with youth and talent. Coaching staff is awesome right now. You need a better O coordinator though IMO. You'll probably run into problems though when your young playmakers want big money, and have trouble keeping the team together.

The Pack

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Bears: A
They have a lot of youth and defense and offense. I really like the direction they are going. Grossman will probably get more consistent with time. They have a good mix of young/old WRs. TE is lacking but decent. O line is very good IMO. RB is good right now but you'll probably get rid of Jones and start Benson which is a mistake IMO. Defense is solid all around. Filled with youth and talent. Coaching staff is awesome right now. You need a better O coordinator though IMO. You'll probably run into problems though when your young playmakers want big money, and have trouble keeping the team together.

The Pack
IMO a team on the verge of both falling apart and getting somewhere. There needs to be a change of the gaurd. Favre, Green and Franks are out the door, Rogers, a RB and a new TE need to come in to Help out Jennings.

The defense has a solid if unspectacular core, but I don't know about the rest of the team. They've got a lot of talented players up and down the board but can't seem to put it all together and are marred by inconsistency.

Right now a B+ for performance with the players they've got. C for overall.

Cleveland Browns___________

Guys, lets actually comment on the team above us. Not just post our team's name.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote