Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who do you think is going to win the NFC West?
Arizona Cardinals 33 47.14%
San Francisco 49ers 12 17.14%
Seattle Seahawks 18 25.71%
St. Louis Rams 7 10.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im saying the cards but not becuz i tink they are that good but the rest is worse

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
im saying the cards but not becuz i tink they are that good but the rest is worse
Why don't you think they are that good? Coming off of a superbowl appearance and a pretty good off-season.

I hate when people just dismiss the whole division. We're not as bad as people are making us out to be.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I actually have Arizona getting the 2nd seed in the conference right now...I don't think switching to the 3-4 poses that big of a problem, even though it wasn't needed.

The secondary is one of the best, if not the best in the league. The X-Factor will be Beanie Wells. His health isn't off to a good start as of now, but if he can somehow manage to stay on the field, then they should be in good shape.

1. Arizona
2. Seattle
3. San Fran
4. St. Louis
Are you suggesting the secondary that gave up the most TD passes last year is the best in the league?
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Why don't you think they are that good? Coming off of a superbowl appearance and a pretty good off-season.

I hate when people just dismiss the whole division. We're not as bad as people are making us out to be.
i think its a fluke that they reached the sb. I dont really like arizona's oline, combine that with a lack of a running game a qb that actually has grey hair and a defense that doesnt impress me at all and you have a team that doesnt do it for me. Keep in mind it was a team that went 3-7 against non division opponents and only reached the playoffs cuz they were in a division with the teams picking 2nd 4th and 8th in the draft if im not mistaking. granted they had a tough non division schedule but still

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 08-20-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
i think its a fluke that they reached the sb. I dont really like arizona's oline, combine that with a lack of a running game a qb that actually has grey hair and a defense that doesnt impress me at all and you have a team that doesnt do it for me. Keep in mind it was a team that went 3-7 against non division opponents and only reached the playoffs cuz they were in a division with the teams picking 2nd 4th and 8th in the draft if im not mistaking. granted they had a tough non division schedule but still
And when playoffs came around.. those records didn't really matter. Lack of running game was issued in the draft so that will still be up for judgement. Oh so we're judging QBs on hair color, if I'm not mistaken, this gray haired QB out performed just about all the QBs in the league last season.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
AussieBoy
Rookie

AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Are you suggesting the secondary that gave up the most TD passes last year is the best in the league?
I wouldn't say they are the best, but Rod hood and Eric Green have been supplanted by DRC and McFadden, which is certainly an upgrade. Wilson and Rolle starting Safeties.
The depth behind them is a little thin, but has potential in rookies R. Johnson and Greg Toler.
AussieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And when playoffs came around.. those records didn't really matter. Lack of running game was issued in the draft so that will still be up for judgement. Oh so we're judging QBs on hair color, if I'm not mistaken, this gray haired QB out performed just about all the QBs in the league last season.
How good a running game is depends a lot on how well the line blocks. Hightower stunk last season, he averaged 2.8 yac, edge was 1 yard better. Wells should provide a huge upgrade over Hightower.

The big problem with Arizona is no great passrusher.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I don't know if I like all the love that San Fran is getting.
What love? No one in this thread picked them to win the division. Go into any of the NFL prediction threads and you'll find, at best, 1 out of 10 predictions would have the 9ers winning the division. No one has them winning a wild card spot. So again, what love are you talking about?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
allright he is just flat out old, i was trying to use a eufemism but wth

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 08-20-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 9ers just ripped the Raiders into tiny little pieces during a scrimmage so I'm going to go with them.

Just kidding I'm actually going with Frank Gore's big year, dominance finally from Vernon Davis, good management by Shaun Hill and great contributions from a WR corps with a ludicrously high ceiling, not to mention a veteran secondary, Patrick Willis, and my favorite head coach in the league. I'm also looking for Franklin's breakout year at NT and an appearance by Kentwan Balmer, who I still think is a great fit at 3-4 DE.

I love Arizona's O and Warner but I am being serious here and picking the 9ers.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love you, cc.sd.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
The 9ers just ripped the Raiders into tiny little pieces during a scrimmage so I'm going to go with them.

Just kidding I'm actually going with Frank Gore's big year, dominance finally from Vernon Davis, good management by Shaun Hill and great contributions from a WR corps with a ludicrously high ceiling, not to mention a veteran secondary, Patrick Willis, and my favorite head coach in the league. I'm also looking for Franklin's breakout year at NT and an appearance by Kentwan Balmer, who I still think is a great fit at 3-4 DE.

I love Arizona's O and Warner but I am being serious here and picking the 9ers.
Don't get my hopes up haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:10 AM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think the Cards have to be the favorites, but I will say that the Niners have a lot of things going for them.

Last year, AZ barely won the division. The game against SF could have gone either way, in which case both teams would have been 8-8. AZ still would have won due to their better divisional record, but for all intents and purposes it is a close division, and AZ did not win it by a significant margin.

This year, when AZ and SF open, the winner of that game will have a very nice headstart in the race for the title. Seattle has made some great strides, but after injuries to Jones and Trufant, and with an injury-prone and aging Hasselbeck, I think their hopes have been diminished. I'm not ready to count them out, but I think they are seriously impacted by major injuries. Also I don't think Housh will be a savior for them. He'll be an improvement, but I am skeptical that he can be a game changing #1 WR for Seattle, especially with their best tackle out indefinitely and Hasselbeck's back one good hit away from taking him out of commission.

SF, in my opinion, is making greater strides than AZ this year. If they can get Crabtree into camp soon, he will make a difference. Even if not, they have Bruce and Morgan who are very good, and Jones has had a great camp. He should miss three or four games at most, and the Niners have a relatively easy first few games so they may not miss his presence much.

Frank Gore is posed to have a beastly year. He is pumped and ready to play, and has a healthy Norris in front of him. Vernon Davis is having a stellar camp as well; this may be the year he finally sees his potential. Shaun Hill may be a journeyman, but he has demonstrated a good ability to manage the offense and protect the ball. His 7-3 record as a starter in SF is very impressive, and he has put up great numbers across the board in those games. I don't think he's a permanent solution, but I think he will turn some heads this season. The Niners will be dominant at home this year. If they can win on the road -- especially within the West -- I think they can take this division.

Of course like I said, smart money is on AZ. I just think SF has a very real shot, and if they win the opener against AZ, the gates will be opened.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:26 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voted Seattle.

Zona ****** themselves after losing the SB by dumping their DC who built their defense from nothing & doing what the Bidwell family always does: go on the cheap, this time by denying their assts. their bonuses. And the switch to the 3-4 defense requires several drafts for the appropriate personnel, they don't have them now.

Lotta unhappy Card players & staff after that SB & I think they will play like it this season -- Seahawks take it since SF is 2-3 players away from that level & the Rams are still trying to put the brakes on their downward spiral.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
RedAttack
Rookie

RedAttack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Built our defense? The one that allowed 36 TD passes and allowed over 50 TD's in total? What he 'built' was a house of cards.

Pendergast had his moments but he is not regarded as even an average DC. The defense never retuned to the form it had in 2004 when he first took over. It regressed every year.

I wish good luck to the guy but I don't think he is going to be a huge loss. He used alot of complicated schemes which resulted in many miscommunications. This was reflected in our 3rd down average and the amount of 'big' plays given up.

However, your assertion that the Cardinals are unhappy is complete nonsense. What in the world is this based on apart from a gut feeling?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAttack View Post
What he 'built' was a house of cards.
I lol'd mao.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams Obviously!!

Haha Kiddin.......I like the Cardinals to win it again.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards clinched the West and were out of the race for the #2 seed by week 11ish at the time we were 7-3, we rested started and prepared for the post season

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Cards clinched the West and were out of the race for the #2 seed by week 11ish at the time we were 7-3, we rested started and prepared for the post season
I think the cards fans forgot that they root for the Arizona Football Cardinals, they will quickly be brought back down to reality this season.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
I think the cards fans forgot that they root for the Arizona Football Cardinals, they will quickly be brought back down to reality this season.
Haha, Fenikz keeps me in negative rep single-handedlly because of my anti-card posts. Funny stuff...