Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who do you think is going to win the NFC South?
Atlanta Falcons 22 27.50%
Carolina Panthers 13 16.25%
New Orleans Saints 37 46.25%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8 10.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
early reports are hopefull that he might return for the regular season opener. Now i dont think he will make that but i think he could very well be back for the second game
I hope Brown makes it back for the Philly game. I think we'll be okay with Bushrod for the time being, he looked really good going against Mario Williams last night.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I feel as if the NFC South Gods are looking upon the Falcons favorably this season. Starting LT Jamaal Brown has surgery and is out 4-8 weeks. Starting NT Maake Kemoeatu is out for the season and MLB Jon Beason didn't return to play after suffering an injury in the 2nd preseason game. Starting S Tanard Jackson is suspended for 4 games (and starting CB Talib just got arrested).

Not to say that I enjoy these injuries as a Falcons fan (I don't), but injuries can influence these close division races a ton.
Beason just got a knock on the knee, no official statement as to lasting damage.

Even with Maake out, we still have a great pass defense and a really great set of pass rushers.

Delhomme is the wildcard, if he's on an even keel 10 wins is within grasp (12 last year doesn't need much improvement). If he's not, god help us.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Beason just got a knock on the knee, no official statement as to lasting damage.
Here is Chris Mortensen's Twitter: Just left Dolphins-Panthers. Bad new(s) for Panthers: Pro Bowl MLB Jon Beeson on crutches with "at least" MCL injury...stay tuned on this one. It might easily be a simple knock, but at the same time, it could be a lingering issue (like stewart's achilles? what is up with that?)

Quote:
Even with Maake out, we still have a great pass defense and a really great set of pass rushers.
It might help you out against the Saints, but the Falcons and Tampa Bay? Atlanta has a run first mentality with a very physical Turner and a good run blocking line. Tampa Bay has question marks all over the place, but the one unit that is solid-great is their running game; they have one of the toughest interior blockers in the league paving the way for Derrick Ward (panther fans familiar with him?) and Earnest Graham. Those 3 runners up the middle all day long against the Panthers could cause a ton of problems.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here is Chris Mortensen's Twitter: Just left Dolphins-Panthers. Bad new(s) for Panthers: Pro Bowl MLB Jon Beeson on crutches with "at least" MCL injury...stay tuned on this one. It might easily be a simple knock, but at the same time, it could be a lingering issue (like stewart's achilles? what is up with that?)

It might help you out against the Saints, but the Falcons and Tampa Bay? Atlanta has a run first mentality with a very physical Turner and a good run blocking line. Tampa Bay has question marks all over the place, but the one unit that is solid-great is their running game; they have one of the toughest interior blockers in the league paving the way for Derrick Ward (panther fans familiar with him?) and Earnest Graham. Those 3 runners up the middle all day long against the Panthers could cause a ton of problems.
You're kidding right, you'd take tampa over carolina right now? Step away from the crack pipe dude.

I know what Mortensen said, he's wrong, so is schefter. The team hasn't released an official report.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're kidding right, you'd take tampa over carolina right now? Step away from the crack pipe dude.

I know what Mortensen said, he's wrong, so is schefter. The team hasn't released an official report.
I think that he is saying that if injury problems which weaken your run D (ie Maake and Beason) turn out to be substantial issues, that teams with a strong run offense (ie Bucs and Falcons) could cause issues for the Carolina defense. I think that this is more than fathomable.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:29 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah what Caddy said. With the Panthers run defense suspect, I could see the Bucs stealing a crucial game at Tampa Bay (can't afford NFC and in division losses in the race).

In fact, I had Carolina as division winners until a bit recently. With injuries to the NT and a poor preseason showing (i know, i know. its preseason) by giving up 5.0 YPC against the Dolphins and big plays to the Giants top backs, I will have to see how the run defense fares in the regular season.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 08-24-2009, 04:13 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story?i...s&confirm=true

Quote:
Beason's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said the injury was a strained medial collateral ligament, and he was optimistic his client could return for the start of the regular season. Rosenhaus made his comments late Sunday on his weekly appearance on WSVN-TV in Miami.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Posted after my post. In any event he'll be back for week 1.

Godfrey is also out with a broken hand.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Had to go with the Bucs just because I'm a Bucs fan.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
People have been saying that the Saints have "improved" their defense three years in a row now, and we have yet to see anything. They be able to score, especially if Colston stays healthy, and considering he is on my fantasy team I hope so. I think Atlanta is pretty close though and they have the same weaknesses. I predict that the two Saints-Falcons games amount to 150 total points.

The Panthers did nothing to improve their team. They still have Jake Delhomme, so I do not see them doing much. I think the more difficult schedule effects the Panthers more than any other team in the NFCS. They were able to pound weak teams into submission with DeAngelo Williams. To be able to beat the NFC and AFC teams they will need to be able to pass, and I cannot trust Delhomme; Steve Smith's scrumtrilescent ability aside.

The Bucs are in a transition state. The main objective for them is to figure out if Josh Freeman or Josh Johnson is the QBotF.
If you want to talk about pounding on crappy teams you need to start with Michael Turner, not DeAngelo Williams

And I dont get why Delhomme is going to make the Panthers suck this year. Was he not the QB of the team that won the division last year? The Panthers are going to suck because of their defense, not because of Delhomme. He's going to prevent the offense from being good enough to carry the D, but he wont be the main reason they miss the playoffs

And yea, I have to LOL at the Saints bandwagon that wont go away. Weren't the Panthers a running joke for years about how they'd "always be back" after that Super Bowl run? Well, what the **** have the Saints done since the Katrina year? NOTHING. (and they never did anything before either) They can talk all they want about an improved defense. It aint happening

I think all the teams end up around the 7 to 9 win mark. Random luck forces one to the top (and maybe one down to 6-10), and I guess I'll just pick the Bucs to be that team. Though if they play Freeman at all this year they'll forfeit that chance
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
If you want to talk about pounding on crappy teams you need to start with Michael Turner, not DeAngelo Williams

And I dont get why Delhomme is going to make the Panthers suck this year. Was he not the QB of the team that won the division last year? The Panthers are going to suck because of their defense, not because of Delhomme. He's going to prevent the offense from being good enough to carry the D, but he wont be the main reason they miss the playoffs

And yea, I have to LOL at the Saints bandwagon that wont go away. Weren't the Panthers a running joke for years about how they'd "always be back" after that Super Bowl run? Well, what the **** have the Saints done since the Katrina year? NOTHING. (and they never did anything before either) They can talk all they want about an improved defense. It aint happening

I think all the teams end up around the 7 to 9 win mark. Random luck forces one to the top (and maybe one down to 6-10), and I guess I'll just pick the Bucs to be that team. Though if they play Freeman at all this year they'll forfeit that chance
Everyone wants to detract from Delhomme citing interceptions. Do people not realise that Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, David Garrard, Brett Favre and Jay Cutler all had more INTs.

The Panthers had the 6th most touchdowns in the NFL and had easily the most rushing TDs.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Everyone wants to detract from Delhomme citing interceptions. Do people not realise that Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, David Garrard, Brett Favre and Jay Cutler all had more INTs.

The Panthers had the 6th most touchdowns in the NFL and had easily the most rushing TDs.
Yet the Panthers threw the ball the least number of times in the NFL. I am studying right now so I can't calculate interception percentages, but you get the point. You would think he would he would turn over the ball less with DeAngelo Williams and Stewart pounding away with Steve Smith to throw to. Nearly all those QBs would kill for a steady run game, let alone a dominant one.

The Panthers should be a solid team with just the stellar run game and an average-above average defense, but when it comes down to it, good quarterback play will be needed for some crucial regular and post season games, and we will have to see if Delhomme can step up and deliver. The Falcons and Saints have Ryan and Brees who can step up and dominate games if the run game doesn't work out for whatever reason (injury, good game planning by defense) and they will be very valuable in January if they are still playing.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol at anyone thinking they can accurately predict this division, or how it will play out. Haven't any of you learned anything yet?

I feel like Drew Brees makes us the favorite, it's a wacky division with a lot of question marks, but I think he's the most dominant player and the one guy who can carry any offense at this point.

Secondary should be improved, both of the DE's are healthy and poised to step up after disappointing and injury riddled years, offense is healthy, and even if we suffer injuries, can it get worse than last season?

My question is, how effected will we be by the early suspensions, the carry overs from last year?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No division jumps around nearly as much as the NFC South. The worst team has won it the following year except last year, when Atlanta came second.

Each year the idea that the last place team winning would have looked very foolish at the start of the season. For that reason no one should say TB doesn't have a decent chance at winning it. They appear to be better than most of those teams were. It might be a fluke, but this year it looks very wide open with no dominate team. They did finish 9-7 after all.

Last edited by Bucs_Rule : 08-25-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda surprised the Saints are getting so much love in the poll.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Yet the Panthers threw the ball the least number of times in the NFL. I am studying right now so I can't calculate interception percentages, but you get the point. You would think he would he would turn over the ball less with DeAngelo Williams and Stewart pounding away with Steve Smith to throw to. Nearly all those QBs would kill for a steady run game, let alone a dominant one.

The Panthers should be a solid team with just the stellar run game and an average-above average defense, but when it comes down to it, good quarterback play will be needed for some crucial regular and post season games, and we will have to see if Delhomme can step up and deliver. The Falcons and Saints have Ryan and Brees who can step up and dominate games if the run game doesn't work out for whatever reason (injury, good game planning by defense) and they will be very valuable in January if they are still playing.
Percentages mean dick, what means something is nominal values, less turnovers and a high number of touchdowns equals wins.

Ryan and Brees are better QBs than Delhomme, but we still went 12-4 and we're still reigning champs. What got the team there last season doesn't simply evaporate because the Saints get a few unproven players on defense and Ryan is a year older.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

I feel like Drew Brees makes us the favorite, it's a wacky division with a lot of question marks, but I think he's the most dominant player and the one guy who can carry any offense at this point.
If that was the case, the Saints would have won a division title more recently, seeing as Drew Brees is one of the best passers in the NFL and easily outclasses anyone in the NFCS, especially if you give bonus points for being a great QB over a great DE or LB or WR. Drew Brees dominates and carries his offense, but the Saints have only had 1 winning seasons in the 3 total seasons Brees has been there. It is obvious that Drew Brees can dominant and the Saints still don't win; its proven by the Saints in past 2 seasons.

BlindSite:
Quote:
Percentages mean dick, what means something is nominal values, less turnovers and a high number of touchdowns equals wins.
Maybe at the end of the season in terms of overall success, but how are you going to simply ignore the number of passes attempted by each QB when trying to judge how often a QB turns over the ball? Of course Delhomme is going to turn the ball over less than a guy who tries to throw the ball 200 times more than him. Just because he doesn't get called on to throw the ball as often doesn't mean he isn't any better of a QB.

Quote:
Ryan and Brees are better QBs than Delhomme, but we still went 12-4 and we're still reigning champs. What got the team there last season doesn't simply evaporate because the Saints get a few unproven players on defense and Ryan is a year older.
And I completely agree. I have always had the Panthers winning the division this upcoming season because of that fact, but injuries to key players and no noticeable upgrades (atlanta signed tony g to help their 14th ranked redzone td production. new orleans signed greer to help their 23rd ranked pass d. tampa bay added derrick ward to help their 15th ranked run offense) is making me question their ability to repeat. What did Carolina do about their 19th ranked pass offense? Give an extension to the guy who forgot to show up to a playoff game? Brilliant.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
If that was the case, the Saints would have won a division title more recently, seeing as Drew Brees is one of the best passers in the NFL and easily outclasses anyone in the NFCS, especially if you give bonus points for being a great QB over a great DE or LB or WR. Drew Brees dominates and carries his offense, but the Saints have only had 1 winning seasons in the 3 total seasons Brees has been there. It is obvious that Drew Brees can dominant and the Saints still don't win; its proven by the Saints in past 2 seasons.

BlindSite:

Maybe at the end of the season in terms of overall success, but how are you going to simply ignore the number of passes attempted by each QB when trying to judge how often a QB turns over the ball? Of course Delhomme is going to turn the ball over less than a guy who tries to throw the ball 200 times more than him. Just because he doesn't get called on to throw the ball as often doesn't mean he isn't any better of a QB.

And I completely agree. I have always had the Panthers winning the division this upcoming season because of that fact, but injuries to key players and no noticeable upgrades (atlanta signed tony g to help their 14th ranked redzone td production. new orleans signed greer to help their 23rd ranked pass d. tampa bay added derrick ward to help their 15th ranked run offense) is making me question their ability to repeat. What did Carolina do about their 19th ranked pass offense? Give an extension to the guy who forgot to show up to a playoff game? Brilliant.
You don't need to get more than 19th in passing when you're top 5 rushing and top in touchdowns anyway. It's not a problem when it's not a problem. Why pass the ball when you've got two backs who're leading the majority of the league.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
You don't need to get more than 19th in passing when you're top 5 rushing and top in touchdowns anyway. It's not a problem when it's not a problem. Why pass the ball when you've got two backs who're leading the majority of the league.
This is why:

Old 08-27-2009, 03:06 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
This is why:

Now post the other 12 wins and his awesome performances in the playoffs over the years.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:34 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now post the other 12 wins and his awesome performances in the playoffs over the years.
Sure there is a lot of emphasis on that game but its not nice to know your qb can fall apart, so imo that game is very important to consider when talking about the panthers

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
If you are happy with the status quo, then that is fine. Better just hope he doesn't fall apart against a division opponent or a playoff game again.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

time to bust out an old classic:

seriously though, i think this division is gonna be a crapshoot like it is every year. it's more or less impossible to predict who's gonna win it

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
If you are happy with the status quo, then that is fine. Better just hope he doesn't fall apart against a division opponent or a playoff game again.
Every QB has meltdowns, Brady has thrown games away, as has peyton and I've seen them do it. Delhomme threw away one in recent memory, it just came at a bad time. A bigger issue in that game was the defensive play calling anyway.

You don't discount a 12-4 season because of one bad game against a team that almost won a superbowl.