Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Zach Thomas set to retire?

I just heard it on ESPN. Bruschi leaving and now Zach Thomas, he hasn't even played a game yet with the Chiefs.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
I just heard it on ESPN. Bruschi leaving and now Zach Thomas, he hasn't even played a game yet with the Chiefs.
The sentiment that I got from Chiefs fans is that Corey Mays was beating him for the job, I guess he doesn't want to be a backup

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
The sentiment that I got from Chiefs fans is that Corey Mays was beating him for the job, I guess he doesn't want to be a backup
Yes Corey Mays has played pretty well, however I think it's more of an injury concern although I am not 100% sure.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of forgot he was still playing ever since he left Miami.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't surprise me if Thomas was retiring because he doesn't want to be a reserve. Some people just don't have the kind of mentality which allows them to step down and assume a mentor role. It's a pride thing, and sometimes pride can lead to very nasty situations.

A prideful person wanting a starting spot but too old to hold onto it will either flee to another team on the same level, or retire. It's that simple.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if Thomas was retiring because he doesn't want to be a reserve. Some people just don't have the kind of mentality which allows them to step down and assume a mentor role. It's a pride thing, and sometimes pride can lead to very nasty situations.

A prideful person wanting a starting spot but too old to hold onto it will either flee to another team on the same level, or retire. It's that simple.
I think your jumping the gun with all that mess you just spewed. By all accounts, Zach has always been a team 1st player. He's always been humble and never seeks the spot light. Zach also mentored Channing Crowder during his 1st years in Miami so I dunno what all that mess was about not being able to step down and assume the mentor role.

Thomas has had tons of concussion over his career and almost had to call it quits a few years back. Its amazing he's played this long.

He mightve been willing to take a lesser role and risk further injury for a chance at a Superbowl since he has yet to win one but I'm sure risking yet another concussion to be a backup on a bad team is not worth it for him at this point.

That has nothing to do with ego or having to much pride.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's also possible that the Chiefs were going to cut him and he decided to retire rather than have to suffer the shame...that's purely speculation on my part by the way

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
I think your jumping the gun with all that mess you just spewed. By all accounts, Zach has always been a team 1st player. He's always been humble and never seeks the spot light. Zach also mentored Channing Crowder during his 1st years in Miami so I dunno what all that mess was about not being able to step down and assume the mentor role.

Thomas has had tons of concussion over his career and almost had to call it quits a few years back. Its amazing he's played this long.

He mightve been willing to take a lesser role and risk further injury for a chance at a Superbowl since he has yet to win one but I'm sure risking yet another concussion to be a backup on a bad team is not worth it for him at this point.

That has nothing to do with ego or having to much pride.
Really. Interesting. I'll concede.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zach had not practiced one time this training camp he got hurt in OTA's and has not been able to do any thing sense.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had a great preseason last year......that's about it.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he hasn't practiced or played at all and Corey Mays has been lighting up camp.. he's been one of the bright spots.

I personally don't think it has anything to do with pride but an injury that is nagging. He isn't a spring chicken either. He can still play, but I think, at this point, he'd have a problem starting anyway.

Great career but probably about time to hang em up.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rosenhaus says Zach Thomas isn't retiring
Old 08-31-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he is retiring it could be partly due to the team, probably doesn't have the speed anymore to be of great service on special teams, which as a backup they would be hoping he would.

Great career no doubt.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote