Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-31-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Ugh, this chick basically ruined my night last night. Well, not ruined but definitely held it back.

She is okay looking, but I met her a few nights ago at a party and she gave me her number. I wasn't that interested so I never did anything. Fast forward to last night, I go to a pretty big party, and there she is. She sees me like as soon as I get there but I try and "not see her". Anyway, she eventually walks up to me and I have to deal with the whole "why didn't you call?" and really boring conversation. Completely killed any chance to talk to new chicks.

Really the only reason I talked to her the first time was because I was a bit more inebriated. Plus she had better friends too.

Not really relationship help, just venting, unless anyone knows of a sure trick to get out of that. She wasn't taking no for an answer. I was trying to think of a good way out, then the cops came so I was actually thankful.

Classes start tomorrow though, so hopefully I can have a lot of good opportunities for new ladies.
Turn around and walk away in the middle of her talking, thats what I do if I am uninterested and can't get away politely.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I love how girls are allowed to pull the "why didn't you call?" card, but guys aren't. Don't you enjoy double standards?

If I have no interest in ever calling a girl, I'm not going to take her #. If she tries one or twice, I'll just change the subject and try to walk away. If she tries 3-4 times, I'm going to flat out say nicely "not interested". If she pushes it after that, I'll firmly tell her to leave me alone that she's making me uncomfortable. Any problem after that, and I start going on the attack and kind of be a huge jerk about it.

So yeah, your problem is that you took the # in the first place. Drunk or not, you need to be smarter and foresee that kind of BS.
I'll take the not being able to ask why a girl didn't call, because we get to have sex without being judged.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Turn around and walk away in the middle of her talking, thats what I do if I am uninterested and can't get away politely.
that's really the way to do it...

you'll get a girl to shut up mighty quick that way

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are double standards all over the place. Just saying that the woman pulling that card is absolute BS...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:35 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
There are double standards all over the place. Just saying that the woman pulling that card is absolute BS...
welcome to modern dating: the equal rights movement and you.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if a girl says, "why didnt you call?" and she has your number too, the only appropriate response is "a phone works both ways"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no one "calls" anymore.

Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I text bitches

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I text bitches
bitches love smiley faces.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
bitches love smiley faces.
Yeah especially this one =]

Old 09-01-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the rule for texting or calling a chick after you meet her at a party or whatever? How long should one wait?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
What's the rule for texting or calling a chick after you meet her at a party or whatever? How long should one wait?
some see texting as "less personal" so i'd text very next day just to see whats up. if things go good probably call the next day or same day. i'd text very next day though.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would do it next day. Texting is just breaking the ice so I would start off with that.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
some see texting as "less personal" so i'd text very next day just to see whats up. if things go good probably call the next day or same day. i'd text very next day though.
20 hours....

Old 09-01-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you like the girl, never text or call her. If she's a hood rat you're just gonna run through just wait a day.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
If you like the girl, never text or call her. If she's a hood rat you're just gonna run through just wait a day.
So what do you do if you actually feel something for someone? Although I doubt you meet someone like that at a college party
Old 09-01-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what do you do if you actually feel something for someone? Although I doubt you meet someone like that at a college party
I'm just kidding. It's a semi-quote from 40 YOV. Whether you like her or just want to do your thing, wait a day.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'm just kidding. It's a semi-quote from 40 YOV. Whether you like her or just want to do your thing, wait a day.
Yeah, I was thinking it might be creepy to do it like the afternoon after, but if I waited a few days she might not remember me lol
Old 09-01-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I was thinking it might be creepy to do it like the afternoon after, but if I waited a few days she might not remember me lol
nothing wrong with next afternoon.

You: "hey whats up?"

Her: "Who's this?"

You: "We met at the party last night"

Her: "Oh yeah want to have wild and crazy butt seks tonight?"

how it usually goes.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
20 hours...
Duly noted. It's nice to have at least one sane female confirm a length of time.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Duly noted. It's nice to have at least one sane female confirm a length of time.
really... there's perfect logic to it too...

you meet someone the night before... say, 8pm. you text at 4pm the next day... in preparation for... hey. whatcha doin tonight?

Old 09-01-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

does that apply to calling, too?

Old 09-01-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does this still apply if you meet them later in the night. I often get a number after 11. I am still in college time.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Whenever you feel like it, there is no rule. If you like a girl call or text her whenever you feel like it, **** playing games. Just don't be a creeper and you're fine however much later you call/text.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If I just get their number fresh, I'll normally try and set up a time to meet and in the next day or so text saying something like, "We still a go for 7 on Friday?" Or I'll make light of the situation and just say, "You don't prescribed to that wait a couple days before I call **** do you?" She'll normally just laugh and say something like give me a call on such and such day. That way you probably won't get her while she's busy and wonder why she isn't texting or calling back.