Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 08-20-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
I completely agree and completely feel the same way. Honestly I would rather have Michael Vick than Favre, Vick is younger and has a chance of playing for the team more than one freaking year. Sure they signed him for two years but no way he plays next season.
Wow, I never made that connection, but Vick to Minny would've been sick!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Wow, I never made that connection, but Vick to Minny would've been sick!
Why would we want a slightly faster T-Jack who has been sitting around for 2 years letting his throwing accuracy get even worse???
Old 08-21-2009, 07:23 AM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all of you Thigpen lovers....

From Pro Football Weekly:

Just months after completing a surprising 2008 campaign in which he passed for 18 TDs and led all non-running backs in rushing yardage (386), QB Tyler Thigpen finds himself firmly on the Chiefs' roster bubble. The third-year quarterback has been outplayed during training camp by Brodie Croyle, who appears to have a firm hold on the backup job to Matt Cassel, and likely will need to finish out the preseason strong to earn a roster spot. From what we hear, Thigpen, who thrived in the gimmicky shotgun spread Kansas City utilized last season, is not an ideal fit in the team's new offense. On the other hand, Croyle, who's coming off a serious knee injury, has put together a terrific camp, quickly picking up the new scheme and even outplaying Cassel much of the time. If the Chiefs opt to enter the season with only two QBs, as has been speculated, Thigpen looks to be the odd man out.
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_norm View Post
For all of you Thigpen lovers....

From Pro Football Weekly:

Just months after completing a surprising 2008 campaign in which he passed for 18 TDs and led all non-running backs in rushing yardage (386), QB Tyler Thigpen finds himself firmly on the Chiefs' roster bubble. The third-year quarterback has been outplayed during training camp by Brodie Croyle, who appears to have a firm hold on the backup job to Matt Cassel, and likely will need to finish out the preseason strong to earn a roster spot. From what we hear, Thigpen, who thrived in the gimmicky shotgun spread Kansas City utilized last season, is not an ideal fit in the team's new offense. On the other hand, Croyle, who's coming off a serious knee injury, has put together a terrific camp, quickly picking up the new scheme and even outplaying Cassel much of the time. If the Chiefs opt to enter the season with only two QBs, as has been speculated, Thigpen looks to be the odd man out.
Croyle has knees made of styrofoam. If Thigpen does get released he wont make waivers. Some team will snatch him up, gimmick offense or not. I seriously doubt itll be the Vikes who get him. Im not a big John David Booty fan at all. Love to see Thigpen here vs JDB. But thats just me.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Croyle has knees made of styrofoam. If Thigpen does get released he wont make waivers. Some team will snatch him up, gimmick offense or not. I seriously doubt itll be the Vikes who get him. Im not a big John David Booty fan at all. Love to see Thigpen here vs JDB. But thats just me.
John David Booty is a little ***** and we would be blessed by the presence of Tyler Thigpen on our roster.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

Quote:
I think that after 2-3 seasons of sitting and learning, with 1-2 years of those watching Favre, JD Booty will be the Vikings starting QB, and will be a pretty darn decent one. He has already shown this preseason that he can make quick reads, get the ball to the receiver quickly, and is more accurate than Jackson.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of Fred Evans potentially being Pat's replacement? He's not as big as Pat, and not as good of a run stuffer, but he is listed at 6-4 305, and is only 25. I thought that he has looked very good in the preseason with the 1st team, with Pat not playing.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
What do you guys think of Fred Evans potentially being Pat's replacement? He's not as big as Pat, and not as good of a run stuffer, but he is listed at 6-4 305, and is only 25. I thought that he has looked very good in the preseason with the 1st team, with Pat not playing.
Beginning last season, watchin him get his playing time, I was impressed with the improvement he has shown. He is definitely a capable back-up at the DT position, and I like him to get a few starts per season if need be.

If he's a starter, then a guy like Kevin will need to be along the line with him for him to continue looking as good as he has been.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rand View Post
I think that after 2-3 seasons of sitting and learning, with 1-2 years of those watching Favre, JD Booty will be the Vikings starting QB, and will be a pretty darn decent one. He has already shown this preseason that he can make quick reads, get the ball to the receiver quickly, and is more accurate than Jackson.
God, I truly hope not. The only time in his career where he looked even remotely competent was against the Chiefs this past week. The judgements you seem to have made on him are extremely premature and its essentially impossible to says he's more accurate than anyone when he's been as erratic as he has so far in his career. As is, I'd much rather allow Tarvaris to learn from the bench and possibly draft someone high in next years draft (or sign a free agent) to compete for the starting position.

Oh and if it was up to me, I'd trade Sage this season with regards to trade value and his salary in comparison to our other QBs battling for roster spots.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id rather us build a Troy Williamson statue in front of the metrodome then have John David Booty be our starting quarterback.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the last two posts, although I don't think I'd go as far as what BuckNaked said. I just don't see Booty becoming anything other than maybe, maybe a decent backup QB. If we only keep 3 QBs, which is normal, but there has been talk of potentially keeping all 4, I honestly would not mind seeing Booty go. I'd rather keep T-Jack, Sage, and Favre and let Sage and t-Jack battle it out for the starting job next year than keep Booty around and hope he develops into something. In that scenario, I'd like to see the team then draft a QB high in one of the next two drafts and let him watch for a couple years. I know that's unlikely to happen, but that's what I'm hoping for.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We released Glenn Holt today. I seen it on fanball.com. If I find a link and remember I will edit and post here.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We released Glenn Holt today. I seen it on fanball.com. If I find a link and remember I will edit and post here.
And the earth is quaking while Vikings fans struggle with feelings of emptiness and confusion.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
And the earth is quaking while Vikings fans struggle with feelings of emptiness and confusion.
Childress's beard confuses me.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sucks how much better this team could be without Childress. The Vikings are looking ridiculous in the preseason so far though. Its kind of scary. The NFC North is going to have some good games.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Childress's beard confuses me.
Childress as a whole confuses me
Old 08-27-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
It sucks how much better this team could be without Childress.

Yeah, If I was playing franchise in Madden 10 on my ps3, It'd go something like:

highlight delete coach > press x > find a cheap monkey to hire > sign coach > press x > etc
Old 08-27-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, If I was playing franchise in Madden 10 on my ps3, It'd go something like:

highlight delete coach > press x > find a cheap monkey to hire > sign coach > press x > etc
Speaking of Madden, I hear he actually lowers the players awareness if you sign him as a HC.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I agree with the last two posts, although I don't think I'd go as far as what BuckNaked said. I just don't see Booty becoming anything other than maybe, maybe a decent backup QB. If we only keep 3 QBs, which is normal, but there has been talk of potentially keeping all 4, I honestly would not mind seeing Booty go. I'd rather keep T-Jack, Sage, and Favre and let Sage and t-Jack battle it out for the starting job next year than keep Booty around and hope he develops into something. In that scenario, I'd like to see the team then draft a QB high in one of the next two drafts and let him watch for a couple years. I know that's unlikely to happen, but that's what I'm hoping for.
Agreed. I want them to drop Booty if they aren't going with 4 qbs this season. He has shown nothing to put himself over T-Jack & Rosenfels.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:15 AM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Speaking of Madden, I hear he actually lowers the players awareness if you sign him as a HC.
on the ps3 version, he lowers every player's awareness by 5 points
Old 09-01-2009, 05:26 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if anyone wants Vikings/Packers MNF tickets, they are 2 for $550. They are in Section 138, row 30. These seats have an excellent view of the visitors as they warm up and are really just phenomenal seats all around. They are right inside Gate H when you walk in and out, so no horrible crowds to walk around either as you enter/exit.

On stubhub, these seats are going for about $350 a piece. That's $125 off of the price you'd pay on stubhub. This is going to be the biggest regular season game in Vikings history and the biggest singular game in the NFL this season. I'd have love to have gone, but money is a little tight right now.

You are getting a DEAL on these seats if you want them at a special reduced SWDC price! Putting them on Ebay where they will go for about 300 a pop the day the regular season starts, so please let me know.

http://www.stubhub.com/minnesota-vik...rodome-788449/

Stubhub page if you don't believe me.

Last edited by djp : 09-01-2009 at 05:29 AM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:14 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VfHnCwLp14

lmao I AM DYING
Old 09-03-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Bobby Wade has restructured his contract, according to the Star Tribune:
http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3270

Quote:
according to people with knowledge of the situation, the veteran wide receiver has agreed to restructure the five-year, $15 million contract he signed in March 2007. Instead of earning $3 million this season, Wade is believed to have come to an agreement to make somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.5 million in 2009.
It’s very possible that if Wade had refused to rework his contract he could have been let go on Saturday as the Vikings cut their roster to the regular-season limit of 53 players.
I would have been very surprised if they'd have let Wade go, mostly b/c of the injury history of some of our receivers. Wade has been so reliable, and provides a veteran presence.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade is a reliable pass-catcher. It would have been tough to see him go.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I would have hated to lose him also.

On a side note, Sydney Rice has caught everything thrown at him this pre season.